Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 680

Thread: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

  1. #601
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;4145763;
    I am on Team Emily too (Although I like Chantal) it would be nice to have a nice surprise at the frc
    Yes it would be, as long as RS doesn't change his info before then.

  2. #602
    Incurable Romantic ef13579's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

    Bear with me here, I'm going to ramble for a bit trying to pull this confusion together...

    Emily's edit:
    - Tragic backstory, right from the intro they started getting people to fall in love with her with her clip package... much like Chris L last year?
    - Too perfect - this reminds me of Kiptyn and how Jill for the longest time couldn't speak properly in front of him... neither can Brad, but he's too much of a gentleman to throw himself at her like Jill did with Kip

    Chantal's mostly been hidden, and I know some people think it's the waaay old hidden F1 edit. Also, from the little TPTB has shown the public so far, she's controversial - and they tend to do that too - make the F2 extremely beloved - maybe set up for TB/ette? while the F1 tends to be more controversial (Vienna would be the biggest example, but others too... Ed, Jesse...)

    I definitely don't think Brad brought Emily that far on TPTB's urging - I think he would hate to break Emily's heart that late if he didn't think their relationship had potential.... IMO I think he was falling for Chantal, but from what I've seen you guys all say, he was much more into the Bettina type than the DeAnna type Therefore, Emily fit much of what he was looking for on paper, and he kept her around because she was the perfect-in-theory fit. Also I remember reading something during Ali's season, I'm soo sorry, I forget the poster - but s/he said how Jason tried to choose the fantasy F1, someone he would/could never approach IRL - Melissa - as opposed to the realistic (eventual) F1 who resembled someone he would date IRL- Molly.

    I think this season's the same in that we have Emily who's perfect, seemingly untouchable - after the high-profile people she's dated, after what she's been through, I don't think they would've dated IRL... and then we have Chantal who seems the spunky down to earth sassy girl that Brad might've chosen IRL - and much like Jason eventually did, he chooses the realistic choice, because he's too afraid to let himself fall for the perfect girl, or by the time he wants to make himself fall for his fantasy, it's too late, he already fell hard for Chantal.

    I've also heard the idea kicked around of patterns between seasons - Ali chose her fantasy guy instead of the realistic guy -Chris... This time Brad does the opposite but with the same results

    Sorry for the long post, thanks for bearing with me! I've been scouring earlier seasons trying to find SOME kind of thing to fit this season And I know someone's going to ask - this is all purely just IMO
    Last edited by ef13579; 01-12-2011 at 02:48 AM.
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

  3. #603
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by ef13579;4145767;
    Bear with me here, I'm going to ramble for a bit trying to pull this confusion together...

    Emily's edit:
    - Tragic backstory, right from the intro they started getting people to fall in love with her with her clip package... much like Chris L last year?
    - Too perfect - this reminds me of Kiptyn and how Jill for the longest time couldn't speak properly in front of him... neither can Brad, but he's too much of a gentleman to throw himself at her like Jill did with Kip

    Chantal's mostly been hidden, and I know some people think it's the waaay old hidden F1 edit. Also, from the little TPTB has shown the public so far, she's controversial - and they tend to do that too - make the F2 extremely beloved - maybe set up for TB/ette? while the F1 tends to be more controversial (Vienna would be the biggest example, but others too... Ed, Jesse...)

    I definitely don't think Brad brought Emily that far on TPTB's urging - I think he would hate to break Emily's heart that late if he didn't think their relationship had potential.... IMO I think he was falling for Chantal, but from what I've seen you guys all say, he was much more into the Bettina type than the DeAnna type Therefore, Emily fit much of what he was looking for on paper, and he kept her around because she was the perfect-in-theory fit. Also I remember reading something during Ali's season, I'm soo sorry, I forget the poster - but s/he said how Jason tried to choose the fantasy F1, someone he would/could never approach IRL - Melissa - as opposed to the realistic (eventual) F1 who resembled someone he would date IRL- Molly.

    I think this season's the same in that we have Emily who's perfect, seemingly untouchable - after the high-profile people she's dated, after what she's been through, I don't think they would've dated IRL... and then we have Chantal who seems the spunky down to earth sassy girl that Brad might've chosen IRL - and much like Jason eventually did, he chooses the realistic choice, because he's too afraid to let himself fall for the perfect girl, or by the time he wants to make himself fall for his fantasy, it's too late, he already fell hard for Chantal.

    I've also heard the idea kicked around of patterns between seasons - Ali chose her fantasy guy instead of the realistic guy -Chris... This time Brad does the opposite but with the same results

    Sorry for the long post, thanks for bearing with me! I've been scouring earlier seasons trying to find SOME kind of thing to fit this season And I know someone's going to ask - this is all purely just IMO

    Only thing is, he said he fell hard and early on. So, he would have to take Emily all the way to F2 knowing he fell hard and early on. This is what doesn't make sense to me ... knowing what Emily has been through, to take her that far, and knowing, seeing, living how hurt DeAnna and Jenni were without the tragic backstory.

    So either there was a deal, and Emily was in on it; Brad is not as sensitive as I think he is; or RS is wrong.

  4. #604
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by ef13579;4145767;
    Bear with me here, I'm going to ramble for a bit trying to pull this confusion together...

    Emily's edit:
    - Tragic backstory, right from the intro they started getting people to fall in love with her with her clip package... much like Chris L last year?
    - Too perfect - this reminds me of Kiptyn and how Jill for the longest time couldn't speak properly in front of him... neither can Brad, but he's too much of a gentleman to throw himself at her like Jill did with Kip

    Chantal's mostly been hidden, and I know some people think it's the waaay old hidden F1 edit. Also, from the little TPTB has shown the public so far, she's controversial - and they tend to do that too - make the F2 extremely beloved - maybe set up for TB/ette? while the F1 tends to be more controversial (Vienna would be the biggest example, but others too... Ed, Jesse...)

    I definitely don't think Brad brought Emily that far on TPTB's urging - I think he would hate to break Emily's heart that late if he didn't think their relationship had potential.... IMO I think he was falling for Chantal, but from what I've seen you guys all say, he was much more into the Bettina type than the DeAnna type Therefore, Emily fit much of what he was looking for on paper, and he kept her around because she was the perfect-in-theory fit. Also I remember reading something during Ali's season, I'm soo sorry, I forget the poster - but s/he said how Jason tried to choose the fantasy F1, someone he would/could never approach IRL - Melissa - as opposed to the realistic (eventual) F1 who resembled someone he would date IRL- Molly.

    I think this season's the same in that we have Emily who's perfect, seemingly untouchable - after the high-profile people she's dated, after what she's been through, I don't think they would've dated IRL... and then we have Chantal who seems the spunky down to earth sassy girl that Brad might've chosen IRL - and much like Jason eventually did, he chooses the realistic choice, because he's too afraid to let himself fall for the perfect girl, or by the time he wants to make himself fall for his fantasy, it's too late, he already fell hard for Chantal.

    I've also heard the idea kicked around of patterns between seasons - Ali chose her fantasy guy instead of the realistic guy -Chris... This time Brad does the opposite but with the same results

    Sorry for the long post, thanks for bearing with me! I've been scouring earlier seasons trying to find SOME kind of thing to fit this season And I know someone's going to ask - this is all purely just IMO

    I feel that the edit can be thrown out the window, because it seems to me that they are mixing things up now. Started with Ali season, you can see a little of every season in one show now.

  5. #605
    Incurable Romantic ef13579's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;4145770;
    Only thing is, he said he fell hard and early on. So, he would have to take Emily all the way to F2 knowing he fell hard and early on. This is what doesn't make sense to me ... knowing what Emily has been through, to take her that far, and knowing, seeing, living how hurt DeAnna and Jenni were without the tragic backstory.

    So either there was a deal, and Emily was in on it; Brad is not as sensitive as I think he is; or RS is wrong.
    All possibilities - thing is also, if he'd taken someone else, it might also be more obvious who his F1 is... and/or TPTB wanted Emily taken that far so she could get the heartbroken next B'ette edit - she might have not been in on it, but it's part of the game Knowing MF, who knows what they're capable of
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

  6. #606
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

    This season is turning out to be so fun! I'm really enjoying it. We have two women in the F2 who are both so wonderful in their own way......Brad really can't go wrong. Although, I'm more excited to see the episodes closer to the end when we will really see Brad fall in love.

  7. #607
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by ef13579;4145772;
    All possibilities - thing is also, if he'd taken someone else, it might also be more obvious who his F1 is... and/or TPTB wanted Emily taken that far so she could get the heartbroken next B'ette edit - she might have not been in on it, but it's part of the game Knowing MF, who knows what they're capable of
    Again, Brad said he did not keep anyone due to TPTB. Is he lying? I don't think so, they couldn't get him to choose anyone the first time, I don't think he would allow them to force him to take someone to F2 only to break her heart, unless a deal was made and Emily was in on it.

  8. #608
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,231

    Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

    Back when I was still dating, all the guys loved it that I actually ate. I'd order steak and eat every bite. The guys I dated always commented on that. They weren't fans of girls who pick at their food or order bird food. So I don't find it odd that the girl would mention she ate four slices. I still eat like that now, at 37, and I'm still pretty thin. Even after three kids. Just wanted to throw that out there.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  9. #609
    FORT Fanatic REIDISCOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Philly burbs
    Posts
    711

    Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;4145770;
    Only thing is, he said he fell hard and early on. So, he would have to take Emily all the way to F2 knowing he fell hard and early on. This is what doesn't make sense to me ... knowing what Emily has been through, to take her that far, and knowing, seeing, living how hurt DeAnna and Jenni were without the tragic backstory.

    So either there was a deal, and Emily was in on it; Brad is not as sensitive as I think he is; or RS is wrong.
    Bet2win we are totally on the same page. That is exactly my train of thought too. I think Brad came back to redeem himself and I cannot see him keeping Emily just because he was trying to "see all relationships through" even though he says he knew from early on who his F1 was going to be. He was obviously effected from the backlash of his first season more than anyone thought. To take Emily to the end, keep her away from her daughter only to cause more hurt by rejecting her doesn't sit right with me. If he had done this I think he would not be as free and happy as he is in interviews knowing the backlash he would inevitably receive.

    So ITA with your summation that if Chantal is F1, Emily has either given Brad an out and taken herself out OR there as been a deal.
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!

  10. #610
    FORT Fogey bevorules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL;4145840;
    Bet2win we are totally on the same page. That is exactly my train of thought too. I think Brad came back to redeem himself and I cannot see him keeping Emily just because he was trying to "see all relationships through" even though he says he knew from early on who his F1 was going to be. He was obviously effected from the backlash of his first season more than anyone thought. To take Emily to the end, keep her away from her daughter only to cause more hurt by rejecting her doesn't sit right with me. If he had done this I think he would not be as free and happy as he is in interviews knowing the backlash he would inevitably receive.

    So ITA with your summation that if Chantal is F1, Emily has either given Brad an out and taken herself out OR there as been a deal.
    I respectfully disagree with you. The bachelors and bachelorettes have kept people around to the end to explore every possibility even though the F2might get hurt or had been hurt in the past. Trista knew Charlie had real feelings and yet she kept him over Russ who didn't because she wanted to make sure she was right even though she thought about Ryan's FD when on the date with the others (sure sign that he was F1,) DeAnna kept Jason, a divorced single dad to F2 only to choose Jason and the boards passed around the same thoughts that she must have chosen him because she wouldn't keep a single dad on that long if she wasn't going to choose him, well...
    Tenley was Jake's F2 even though he knew that a broken heart so soon after divorce would be devastating for her. Producers could be "asking" him to keep her around, but I doubt it. Emily and Chantal are both quality women, but they are so different. Both have qualities he sees in them that could make them a good wife for him. He has to explore which one is right and would be the best fit for him in his life. He is trying to follow his heart and his head. Ashley H is way too immature for him and Shawntel doesn't have enough of a connection. This means that Emily could be the F2 (if spoilers are right) despite the fact that she is getting over Ricky's death and has a precious child. Remember Fleiss will get everybody rooting for her because of that only to pull the rug out when it doesn't happen. People will blame Brad and call him insensitive. Remember that Brad is just doing what he has to do to find the right woman. The rest is Fleiss and the edit. I don't doubt Brad, his motives, or Babyface C's description of what really happened. I try not to root so that I can see things how they are and not how I want them to be which allows be to be tricked by Fleiss. Also, not rooting allows me to see the love story, even if it is partially hidden in the edit. Staying analytical also helps me keep from being too emotionally engaged in one of the characters to the point of blaming the bachelor or being angry with the outcome. It keeps the season in perspective and helps me put myself in Brad's shoes in his decisions.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.