Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

Re: **Spoilers** 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

Brad and Ashley S remind me of Travis and Sarah Canada - there's such an innocence but maturity to her, and they have a strong connection
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;4145074;
    Seriously I am a woman and even I have trouble at looking at some of their faces. Holy crow Rachel's were hu gong gous!! It's one thing to get a boob job its another to get watermelons sewn into your body.
    Glad I'm not the only one who finds some of these women's enhancements over the top. Frankly, I find Chantal's distracting especially since we have yet to get much of a sense of her and her relationship with Brad.

And Raichel's outfit was not at all flattering. Something a bit less fitted and quite a bit longer would have been better.

I am sorry to be so catty early on.....last night's episode really didn't give me enough of a chance to differentiate many of the girls. Lisa, Sarah, Britt, Lindsay, and others really got no convo time for us to hear.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4145141;
    Brad and Ashley S remind me of Travis and Sarah Canada - there's such an innocence but maturity to her, and they have a strong connection
    I also see a connection between Brad and Ashley S, but no spark. I think he enjoys her company, but there isn't romance (on his part).

I just about fell asleep during his date with Jackie. He seemed like an event co-ordinator/director on the date as opposed to being WITH her on the date. The only exception was their conversation at dinner and he was expressing concerns about her.

FORT Newbie

Hello all! A long-time, avid lurker here, popping out to share an unspoiled husband’s (sometimes amusing) point of view on the two episodes we’ve had.

It’s just an interesting take, and a good sense of how they are editing at this point.

The first episode, he picked Emily, Chantal, Ashley S and Michelle as the final 4.

Last night, he swapped out “Birthday Woman” (Michelle) for Ashley H in his F4.

Shawntel is nowhere near his radar at this point – I don’t think he knows who she is.

Chantal is still referred to as “the one that slapped him.”

Michelle is referred to as the “crazy birthday woman,” and he does not remotely like her.

At this point, he believes Emily will walk away as the F1 with no competition whatsoever.

He is convinced that crazy Melissa is a cousin of crazy Michelle from Jake’s season. LOL

Based upon the screencaps, he thinks that Emily is the one who wants to leave next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;4145165;
    I also see a connection between Brad and Ashley S, but no spark. I think he enjoys her company, but there isn't romance (on his part).

I just about fell asleep during his date with Jackie. He seemed like an event co-ordinator/director on the date as opposed to being WITH her on the date. The only exception was their conversation at dinner and he was expressing concerns about her.
    HAHA. This is so funny! I kind of agree though. It seemed like he was doing a little bit of babysitting or entertaining his girlfriend's little sis to score some points with the parents or something. He was being really sweet though and since I enjoy watching Brad in general, it really didn't bother me. Jackie is adorable but there's nothing there for her with Brad.

Sonomagirl!!!!!!!!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by luvstx;4145163;
    Glad I'm not the only one who finds some of these women's enhancements over the top. Frankly, I find Chantal's distracting especially since we have yet to get much of a sense of her and her relationship with Brad.

And Raichel's outfit was not at all flattering. Something a bit less fitted and quite a bit longer would have been better.

I am sorry to be so catty early on.....last night's episode really didn't give me enough of a chance to differentiate many of the girls. Lisa, Sarah, Britt, Lindsay, and others really got no convo time for us to hear.
    That's because with 30 down to 20 down to 17 there are too many people in the house right now. Way too early to get a good read on edits or connections until we see the other dates with the women known to be in the final four and three by spoiler and screen cap and can compare. Brad says that person he chose grabbed his attention early but that he explored every relationship to it's fullest to make sure. First of all, kudos to Brad for doing this, the best ones (Trista, Ali) did this as well. This means no regrets for him come what may as he did what was in his heart and took all factors into account. This means he followed his head and heart which to me is the best course. Heart alone can make you ignore valid red flags and concerns from friends/family/Chris Harrison that could hurt them. Following mind only, means that the relationship is lacking passion and romance which also tends to fizzle fast. You can't "create" chemistry where there is none. Second of all, Chantal's slap made him notice her, even though we haven't been seeing a lot of face time with her. He made her wait until the end to get her rose, and he gave her a look that said that he made her pay for the slap. It was flirty and seemed to me like sparks were flying. Like I said in a post last week, it reminded me of the ball scene in Pride and Prejudice and the trading of witty jabs (and sparks) between Darcy and Lizzy. If Chantal is the F1, it is not going to be a gooey romance with gentle flowers and butterflies, but a firy passionate one which contains that classic battle of the sexes that is elemental, spicy, and contains an edge to it. With Brad's personality and Chantal's this could be our bet if the spoilers are right. This week she was buried on a group date (with 15 people on it to boot.) It is next to impossible to see how that spark is growing watching them on such a crowded date. In a few weeks she has a one on one date and if it is Chantal, I think that Babyface's suggestion that the love story is obvious, will come true then. If everyone is wrong and it is Emily, it will start to develop this week on her one on one date. If it is Emily, then it will be a gentler, softer kind of begining to their love but doesn't mean it would be any less lasting than the other type of courtship into romance.
    Remember Fleiss is in charge of the edit, so do we really think that Emily is "running away with it" and something changes as suggested by some on here? Or is that manipulation on Fleiss' part to downplay RS spoilers having Chantal as the winner and to trick the casual viewer so that once again they will put all of their rooting interest into the F2 yet again (Sadie, Bevin, Jason M, Chris L to name a few.) We seem to go through this every year because Fleiss is very good at what he does. He distracts us with junk that doesn't matter (house drama, sob stories, PI/VO leading us down false paths) and many times he hides the F1 quite a bit in the early rounds and brings them out later. If it is Chantal, her one on one date is about the time that a hidden F1 is drawn out (like with Tessa.) I wouldn't bet the ranch on anything right now except the fact that Brad chose and is happy with his choice be it with Chantal or Emily and I believe Babyface C at his word that there is no funny business with the ending this time.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4145258;
    HAHA. This is so funny! I kind of agree though. It seemed like he was doing a little bit of babysitting or entertaining his girlfriend's little sis to score some points with the parents or something. He was being really sweet though and since I enjoy watching Brad in general, it really didn't bother me. Jackie is adorable but there's nothing there for her with Brad.

Sonomagirl!!!!!!!!
    I see that with several of the women. Ashley H's date she was very immature to me. Ashley S is very young. It will make Chantal and Emily stand out as this progresses as their life experiences of death, single parenthood (Emily) and divorce (Chantal) make them more mature and grounded than their counter parts of the same age. Remember that to the entire final four Brad is an older guy. Yes the young 'uns are attractive and there is certainly a guy thing to be attracted to the barely old enough not to put you in jail crowd, but Brad is looking for a wife, and the slightly older, way more mature presense of Chantal and Emily will be a better bet as a fit with Brad. It is going to depend on what Brad is looking for and how he views courtship. Does he want sugar and spice, with a little bit of a kick (Chantal), or gentle and kind with flowers and sweettarts (Emily) neither is wrong per se, just up to Brad to sort which is right for him. Either way I am sure that these two are the ones to watch in the long term.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4145271;
    I see that with several of the women. Ashley H's date she was very immature to me. Ashley S is very young. It will make Chantal and Emily stand out as this progresses as their life experiences of death, single parenthood (Emily) and divorce (Chantal) make them more mature and grounded than their counter parts of the same age. Remember that to the entire final four Brad is an older guy. Yes the young 'uns are attractive and there is certainly a guy thing to be attracted to the barely old enough not to put you in jail crowd, but Brad is looking for a wife, and the slightly older, way more mature presense of Chantal and Emily will be a better bet as a fit with Brad. It is going to depend on what Brad is looking for and how he views courtship. Does he want sugar and spice, with a little bit of a kick (Chantal), or gentle and kind with flowers and sweettarts (Emily) neither is wrong per se, just up to Brad to sort which is right for him. Either way I am sure that these two are the ones to watch in the long term.
    The bold?

I agree with your overall thought though, but Emily is actually one of the youngest girls at 24. It's kind of crazy to think she's 2 years younger than say Ali who thinks she's 7. I think her life experiences have made her seem so much older. Very sad
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;4145047;
    HA! because at some point he is bound to be near her! Unless of course he is avoiding her which I know he's not. I am not looking for these little moments. I am looking at the story that tptb want to tell us that's right up in my face. And as of right now the occasional touch on her knee or sitting next to her tells me nada... next week he will have his tounge shoved down a few other throats and even the week of Chantal's date he will tell Michele of all people that he is having the most incredible feeling evah!!! Just not buying that by the first week he knew it would be Chantal. "I knew early on" does not necessarily mean "two days after the M&G".

Right! he has to sit or stand by her at some time. Like you said she's just another likeable girl that is vying for his attention. I think early is the 2nd or 3rd episode cause by the 4th he has attached himself to someone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4145093;
    He mentioned in an interview that he had basically been in hiding for 3 years.

I agree with all who do not find Brad compelling; he does not radiate genuine. He has a nice body but I just don't find him attractive either.

Emily appears to be very contained though she did say it took time to get to know her. The very blonde hair and impecable make-up broadcasts high maintenance. She appears to be the polar opposite of Chantel. It is way too early for these judgments, even for a reality show! But I do it anyway.
    I agree. both have money but Emily has class. Her money is from the family and I do not know how many generations, but she grew up priviledged. Chantal has had to learn it as I feel her money is "new" money. Her father is a salesman and Chantal is in business with him. Maybe even she is a bit of a sales woman. Even the way she holds the wine glass. Obvious there is no breeding but there is money.