Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152

Thread: Body Language Analysis

Re: Body Language Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;4154204;
    I don't think we are going to see Emily in huge abandoned displays of emotion or passion. She is a southern girl who has had to, for the last six years anyway, be forever mindful of how she appears. She is always under someone's watchful eye - media, NASCAR fans or detractors, etc. - and has to be one of the public faces of the Hendrick family and of Levine Medical Center. She is not going to behave in any way that would bring criticism to either the hospital or the family.

Andy Baldwin's (US Navy) edit was that way as was Travis's (Vanderbuilt Medical Center). Both of them had contract agreements to protect them. Emily probably has to do it on her own.
    And she should. There is no reason that she can't be "herself" and still maintain a valid relationship. Why does everyone think that the "lead" and the "girl" have to be totally into each other, sexually, for a relationship to develop? Did you see the way he kissed her, did you see how he embraced her...that's TV folks! That's what sells Ads...but it will not always be in your face...IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gruder;4154218;
    And she should. There is no reason that she can't be "herself" and still maintain a valid relationship. Why does everyone think that the "lead" and the "girl" have to be totally into each other, sexually, for a relationship to develop? Did you see the way he kissed her, did you see how he embraced her...that's TV folks! That's what sells Ads...but it will not always be in your face...IMO.
    There was something very different about that kiss wth Emily. It was very tender & passionate & respectful of EMILY but he got his kiss & she got her's.. IT was not a jump your bones type of kiss.
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4153932;
    Again, my post was poofed earlier...

Brad says it best, "You scare me."

Ignoring all spoilers, Emily probably frightens the bejesus out of Brad if he's never dated anyone like her (excluding maybe Bettina). Both of them have walls built around them, proceeding very cautiously, and Brad needs to put a LOT on the line if he really does want to woo Emily. Plus, Brad must realize that much more is at stake in this relationship than just a broken heart.

From what we do know of this season, Brad pays special attention to Emily in each episode. Next week, she gets a picnic. Las Vegas week, she gets a rose cuz he's worried about her feelings.

It could all be producer manipulation to get their Bette front-and-center, but I wonder...

Why would they go through so much trouble, more than they have anyone else. Emily had so many at "her backstory" people already love her. It could be that he's falling for her and wants to spend as much time with her as he can. Also to keep reassuring her through this process. He said he took Roberto advice.

I see a lot of distance between them in all the season preview clips and s/cs I've seen so far - even all the way up to the LCD. I know we had a couple of distancing Ali/Roberto shots last time, but the attraction the rest of the time was obvious - this time, I don't see that chemistry nor do I see them comfortably close at any point
    Take a look at the beach sc. I think those are very interesting.

We can't seem to keep this thread to body language. Until there's something to discuss, we're going to close this thread for now and you can continue on the lively discussion in the editing threads.