Page 8 of 536 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: **Spoilers** F1, F2, F3, F4

FORT Fogey

Re: **Spoilers** F1, F2, F3, F4

Quote Originally Posted by JordynRoses;4133755;
    Here's my take for the ending. I think Chantal is a plant.
    She has been set-up to be the F1 but is really only a good friend. (preplanned to work with the show)
    She slaps Brad because it was planned. (If you watch it in slow motion, you see Brad flinch before receiving it- I did not think it came as a surprise Then, Thanksgiving dinner... Brad probably was there as her "friend" but to create the illusion of F1 AND to provide the leak to convince RS that she is F1.
    I think they are creating 2 stories this time.... The scripted one and the REAL one.

Just my 2 cents
    I am not sure it came as a complete surprise either, but not for the same reason.
    I think possibly two things might have been going on...

One, I think Brad had been semi-warned well ahead that as part of the redemption of Brad theme which was needed to make his season fly, he was going to have to eat crow, and they have made him eat lots of crow. That is obvious from what we have seen already from previews, etc.

After the bit with Jenni and DeAnna which appeared to be a total surprise to him, I believe he may have been warned to be ready for any and everything to be thrown at him from the women. Thus, I think that while the slap itself may have been a surprise, it wasn't a total shock as he was expecting stuff - he just did not know in what form it would be.

Now, we don't know which take that slap was which might account for the flinch that you saw.

Remember the stuttering David Goode ("man code" David ) in Jillian's season who got the FIR for his "act" coming out of the limo?
    I was contacted by someone from his hometown who knows him well. That exit from the limo took several takes before they could get it filmed because either David laughed, Jillian laughed, or both of them laughed.

Therefore, I would not be surprised if the slap was filmed more than one time which would account for Brad flinching before he was actually slapped.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4133798;
    I am not sure it came as a complete surprise either, but not for the same reason.
    I think possibly two things might have been going on...

One, I think Brad had been semi-warned well ahead that as part of the redemption of Brad theme which was needed to make his season fly, he was going to have to eat crow, and they have made him eat lots of crow. That is obvious from what we have seen already from previews, etc.

After the bit with Jenni and DeAnna which appeared to be a total surprise to him, I believe he may have been warned to be ready for any and everything to be thrown at him from the women. Thus, I think that while the slap itself may have been a surprise, it wasn't a total shock as he was expecting stuff - he just did not know in what form it would be.

Now, we don't know which take that slap was which might account for the flinch that you saw.

Remember the stuttering David Goode ("man code" David ) in Jillian's season who got the FIR for his "act" coming out of the limo?
    I was contacted by someone from his hometown who knows him well. That exit from the limo took several takes before they could get it filmed because either David laughed, Jillian laughed, or both of them laughed.

Therefore, I would not be surprised if the slap was filmed more than one time which would account for Brad flinching before he was actually slapped.
    Bingo!
    Now take this one incident and multiply by---a lot! Because that is how reality tv works. Very little is spontaneous and left to chance--and that is unfortunately what can be left on the cutting room floor, should it not fit the story board.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

She has been set-up to be the F1 but is really only a good friend. (preplanned to work with the show)
    She slaps Brad because it was planned. (If you watch it in slow motion, you see Brad flinch before receiving it- I did not think it came as a surprise
    Then, Thanksgiving dinner... Brad probably was there as her "friend" but to create the illusion of F1 AND to provide the leak to convince RS that she is F1.
    I think they are creating 2 stories this time.... The scripted one and the REAL one.

Just my 2 cents
    That completely takes ANY sense of reality out of the reality show... I know it's scripted but I find it hard to believe that they would go to this extent?

Sadly I think that wouldn't've been nearly as much fun for the other ladies to watch as it was for the guys to see Ali slapping Frank in the BNL shoot last season

Wouldn't you love to see Brad's reaction to the first slap. It's probably one of the reasons there was at least one reshoot.

I susepct Chantal wasn't so happy to have to slap Brad...given her sweat stains I'd say she was nervous as hell about it!

Not to mention having it replayed in every ad...

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4133905;
    I susepct Chantal wasn't so happy to have to slap Brad...given her sweat stains I'd say she was nervous as hell about it!

Not to mention having it replayed in every ad...
    The price one pays in Fleissdom...very well put Irish Gal.

There are no sweat stains on Chantal - those are shadows that move with the video - watch in slo-mo

And I'll bet they got that shot of her slapping him on the first try. Fool me once ...
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;4133924;
    There are no sweat stains on Chantal - those are shadows that move with the video - watch in slo-mo

And I'll bet they got that shot of her slapping him on the first try. Fool me once ...
    Unless they let Chantal make a proper first impression, then reshot it for the trailer, with the slap? Also helps explain how he wasn't really put off by "slap girl".... lol sorry if a lot of my posts sound completely out there, most of the plausible theories are already here anyway

She slaps Brad because it was planned. (If you watch it in slow motion, you see Brad flinch before receiving it- I did not think it came as a surprise
    Then, Thanksgiving dinner... Brad probably was there as her "friend" but to create the illusion of F1 AND to provide the leak to convince RS that she is F1.

Just my 2 cents
    "Plant" is probably not the right word---but you are definitely getting close to the true story! Remember that the one thing all "reality" shows have in common is that much of what you see is not real. This upcoming season of TB is no exception to that rule, and it may even take "reality" completely out of the equation!

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic;4133975;
    "Plant" is probably not the right word---but you are definitely getting close to the true story! Remember that the one thing all "reality" shows have in common is that much of what you see is not real. This upcoming season of TB is no exception to that rule, and it may even take "reality" completely out of the equation!
    You are killing me here I am actually getting excited to watch this season and see how this will play out!