Page 10 of 536 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: **Spoilers** F1, F2, F3, F4

Re: **Spoilers** F1, F2, F3, F4

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic;4134127;
    Don't get your hopes too high!
    This is an honest question and I hope you don't take it the wrong way because it's nothing personal and I am trying to express it as best as I can but: why are you teasing us?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4134132;
    This is an honest question and I hope you don't take it the wrong way because it's nothing personal and I am trying to express it as best as I can but: why are you teasing us?
    Righty oh! lithargic, you've said in past posts we'll be the first to know if you find out anything. Is it, that you haven't found anything concrete yet?

In one of his interviews, Brad said that "in depth" conversations took place that will probably end on the cutting room floor due to time constraints. They are taking 3-4 days worth of footage and editing it down to a storyline (which may not be on the main talking board, but something new that has come up) to make a 2-hour show with commercial breaks. For this reason alone, I do believe there is more real going on than not. Fleiss has stated that they roll with the dynamic. Even if it is not to their liking and requires readjustments (the Jake season scandal) they have to work happenings into the show yet tie it back to their main story - in this case - will Brad get his second chance.

I'm beyond cynicism with this show and now take it as is presented - the truth will out post show anyway.

I like knowing the F4 - Chantal, Ashley, Emily and Shawntel - from the beginning so I can see how they weave the story around them. I don't have on blinders, but I do trust the editors to work their magic.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;4134182;
    Righty oh! lithargic, you've said in past posts we'll be the first to know if you find out anything. Is it, that you haven't found anything concrete yet?
    I have been told "don't believe anything this season." At first I was sure that means that Chantal is not F1. But it also could mean that the whole season was a setup. I have my suspicions which one it is but as soon as I am certain I will say it.

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic;4134415;
    I have been told "don't believe anything this season." At first I was sure that means that Chantal is not F1. But it also could mean that the whole season was a setup. I have my suspicions which one it is but as soon as I am certain I will say it.
    This just gets crazier and crazier. I for one can't wait to hear what you find out. Thanks.

Thank you for the clarification. Not sure where your suspicions are but it makes perfect sense to me that this is a setup (i.e. he knew he wanted Chantal right away) because they wanted Emily for TBette and needed a success story from Brad.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Perhaps it could also mean that everything around the love story is a set-up. If Brad knew very early on, all of the other dates and eliminations and "heart-wrenching" decisions could be viewed as a "set-up." Air-time has to be filled, so the season is structured in a way as to meet the average viewer's expectations. It's been laughed about very often here in season's past--how at some point the Bachelor(ette) has to just want to get past the also-rans and spend more time with the one he/she really is interested in. Of course, if the intended is known very, very early on, it sure makes for a lot of cover time and manipulations and fake drama. You know, like most every season.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;4134117;
    I have found when I make assumptions about people I do not know, I look like an ass afterwards so I try to not do it too often, but ....

My friend Brad is in LOVE , not love, but LOVE . Being in LOVE is not a business decision nor a planned media event.

What we are seeing on the screen from Jan 3 on is a story spliced together by producers to get them most viewers, the hightest ratings, the most revenue. What you hear in the media and from Chris H is also slated to do the same - get viewers to watch every Monday night - capture your attention. We will get to the same ending as what happened in real life. We just may not take the same path.

I cannot wait for the ride to begin!
    thanks jelle!!!

Thank you! So does this mean you are moving away from your theory that RS will change his F1 prediction?

I'm trying to think what a season setup could be. Could they have introduced Brad to the likely gals before hand? So he already knew his choice before season started?

Or did they make a prior deal that Chantal was his fall back choice if he didn't fall in love again?

Hopefully we will find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy's Mom;4134449;
    Perhaps it could also mean that everything around the love story is a set-up. If Brad knew very early on, all of the other dates and eliminations and "heart-wrenching" decisions could be viewed as a "set-up." Air-time has to be filled, so the season is structured in a way as to meet the average viewer's expectations. It's been laughed about very often here in season's past--how at some point the Bachelor(ette) has to just want to get past the also-rans and spend more time with the one he/she really is interested in. Of course, if the intended is known very, very early on, it sure makes for a lot of cover time and manipulations and fake drama. You know, like most every season.
    I like this theory. Might really throw a wrench in edit analysis if true.