Page 9 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorettes Season 15

Re: Bachelorettes Season 15

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal;4167033;
    Looks like Kim Coon has a new job.
    I only copied the parts of the article that were about her.

HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. -- With just a few weeks remaining until the Sprint Cup Series season gets under way, Sprint unveiled its 2011 Miss Sprint Cup lineup Wednesday night in Charlotte, N.C.

Returning Miss Sprint Cup representatives Paige Duke and Monica Palumbo were joined by newcomer Kim Coon. The trio was introduced to a crowd of race fans and motorsports media at the popular Whisky River nightclub.

Coon was pulled from the world of corporate marketing to join the Miss Sprint Cup lineup. Born and raised in Orlando, Fla., Coon received her undergraduate degree from the University of Miami and a master's degree from the University of Alabama. Always on the go, she's balanced a career in marketing and PR with her role as an NFL cheerleader and a volunteer with the Susan G. Komen For the Cure campaign.

"I'm just ready to get down to Daytona and get the season going," Coon said. "Monica and Paige have already taught me a lot, but I know I've got a lot more to learn. I'm looking forward to seeing all the different tracks, experiencing my first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory Lane, and especially getting to say hello to all the fans."

Familiar faces return to '11 Miss Sprint Cup lineup - Jan 27, 2011 - NASCAR.COM
    I find that very interesting! I had wondered why I was seeing pictures of her with those other girls.(which I don't remember seeing pics of them together before)

Here is a pic to go along with it

Some people think that itís holding on that makes one strong; sometimes itís letting go...

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainAngels;4166576;
    I am ridiculously behind on the board, so there is still a lot that I have not read (so sorry if this has already been discussed.)

I keep seeing people ask why Emily didn't already say Ricky was a NASCAR driver (instead of just involved in racing) when she told Brad about losing Ricky. Long story short, I don't think that she can. Next week, they can say NASCAR because they are having the NASCAR driving experience. But in general, in the other episodes, I'm not sure that she is supposed to say the actual word "NASCAR" because NASCAR really, really polices the use of their name without their permission on television. So, you will often see racing, auto racing, car racing, whatever else said instead of NASCAR, unless NASCAR gives permission, which they'll do for the date that gives their driving experience publicity. Other than that, I'm not thinking they will allow it in other episodes.

People also have been talking about Las Vegas Motor Speedway being an especially cruel track to bring Emily too, and to be honest I didn't think about it until lately, but that is definitely true. As I saw someone mention in a post, Ricky did suffer a (driving) career-ending injury there. He came back and tried to drive again, but it was never the same for him.

I'm not sure that Ricky would have ended up being a Cup driver someday if the LVMS crash didn't happen, but if he did, it is also true that he would not have been on that plane on a Sunday. Someone mentioned that he was a spotter at the time, and thus only had to fly in for Sundays. In actuality, he almost always spent the entire weekend at the track. Spotters work during practice as well as during the races, so he generally was needed all weekend by Brian in the Cup Series. He was also basically running HMS' entire Busch Series program at the time. That happened to be an off-weekend for the Busch stuff, so they got someone else to spot practice for Brian, and Ricky went on a trip to Hawaii with Emily and his mom. He got back to town on Saturday, and flew to Martinsville on Sunday because he wanted to spot the race for Brian (who, sidenote, was Ricky's best friend and was celebrating his 21st birthday on the day of the accident ). If Ricky was still driving, he wouldn't have been able to take the rest of the weekend off and show up on Sunday just for the race, so they wouldn't have went to Hawaii and he would have flown in on Thursday night or Friday morning, or even drove up (because it is only a 2.5 hour drive from Charlotte to Martinsville, and a lot of people in the sport drive instead of fly. He just couldn't do that Sunday morning because with traffic, he wouldn't have made it to the race on time.) Thus, yes, I'm sure being at LVMS was harder for Em than another track as it brings up a lot of "what ifs ... ".

Thanks for clearing up the spotter stuff. I'm so used to see the crew chiefs standing on the haulers during practice that it never crossed my mind that the spotters would be there all weekend as well.
    I rewatched the part of the Hendrick movie when the trip to Hawaii is mentioned.. it just didn't click in my head. that part always make me cry like a baby..

Those of you who know Emily, does she frequent bars? I just can't see her fitting into the bar lifestyle with Brad, but then I don't know her. Any insight into this?

Would she be happy staying home every night with Ricki while Brad is at work? Or does he work during the days? Regardless, he is there a lot.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal;4167033;
    Looks like Kim Coon has a new job.
    I only copied the parts of the article that were about her.

HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. -- With just a few weeks remaining until the Sprint Cup Series season gets under way, Sprint unveiled its 2011 Miss Sprint Cup lineup Wednesday night in Charlotte, N.C.

Returning Miss Sprint Cup representatives Paige Duke and Monica Palumbo were joined by newcomer Kim Coon. The trio was introduced to a crowd of race fans and motorsports media at the popular Whisky River nightclub.

Coon was pulled from the world of corporate marketing to join the Miss Sprint Cup lineup. Born and raised in Orlando, Fla., Coon received her undergraduate degree from the University of Miami and a master's degree from the University of Alabama. Always on the go, she's balanced a career in marketing and PR with her role as an NFL cheerleader and a volunteer with the Susan G. Komen For the Cure campaign.

"I'm just ready to get down to Daytona and get the season going," Coon said. "Monica and Paige have already taught me a lot, but I know I've got a lot more to learn. I'm looking forward to seeing all the different tracks, experiencing my first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory Lane, and especially getting to say hello to all the fans."

Familiar faces return to '11 Miss Sprint Cup lineup - Jan 27, 2011 - NASCAR.COM
    For this she needs a masters degree? Somebody please tell me there's more to this job than I think.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4167927;
    For this she needs a masters degree? Somebody please tell me there's more to this job than I think.
    Well... It IS marketing
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4167930;
    Well... It IS marketing
    That's a pretty all-encompassing field, to be sure.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;4167671;
    Those of you who know Emily, does she frequent bars? I just can't see her fitting into the bar lifestyle with Brad, but then I don't know her. Any insight into this?

Would she be happy staying home every night with Ricki while Brad is at work? Or does he work during the days? Regardless, he is there a lot.
    Emily does not frequent the bars. But she will go to one every now & then. And Yes she would be perfectly Happy being at home with Ricki
    Some people think that itís holding on that makes one strong; sometimes itís letting go...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;4167671;

That's a good question and I'm glad we got an answer from OhSe7en.

Just curious...do you see Chantal fitting in well with the bar scene in Austin? I remember reading a little blurb about her being no stranger to Pioneer Square. If she is comfortable with the bar lifestyle, it may work out well for them. I don't think she would be happy staying at home every night with her cats and dog while Brad works.

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;4169037;
    That's a good question and I'm glad we got an answer from OhSe7en.

Just curious...do you see Chantal fitting in well with the bar scene in Austin? I remember reading a little blurb about her being no stranger to Pioneer Square. If she is comfortable with the bar lifestyle, it may work out well for them. I don't think she would be happy staying at home every night with her cats and dog while Brad works.
    Thank you, OhSe7en, for answering my question!!

I could see Chantal enjoying it, but certainly not every night. I don't think any woman would really enjoying it every night!

Has it been established that Brad actually works the bars at night, or does he have more of a daytime, office job?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;4169040;
    Thank you, OhSe7en, for answering my question!!

I could see Chantal enjoying it, but certainly not every night. I don't think any woman would really enjoying it every night!

Has it been established that Brad actually works the bars at night, or does he have more of a daytime, office job?
    Sorry, I have no idea. We got an answer to your question about Emily being ok sitting home at night and I was just curious if the other F2 contestant would be happy in the same situation. Maybe someone else here knows the answer.