Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorettes Season 15

Re: Bachelorettes Season 15

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4181855;
    Maybe Emily is aware of how being on the Bach got Melissa on DWTS and some tv gigs and figured going on the show could give her the "break" she's looking for. I bet nobody's ever thought of that before
    And it's a very long list at this point.

I genuinely don't get why people think it's something to falsely deny.

Who cares? It's an honest living!

Frankly, it's the only "right reason" I know of to agree to be on the cast of the bachelor -- certainly, meeting Prince Charming is a stupid, delusional, naive reason.

Why do people act like it's a dirty secret year after year? (I'm still waiting for Matt Grant to return to his awesome sales associate job in "London banking"!)

Anyway, this is not one of those seasons that has turned up any posters with sleuthing quality insight into professional or personal motivations, much less the closely held information about "what happened". Like many sleuthers, I watch those identities and patterns very carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;4181319;
    Some twitter/ facebook pics..Ashley looks gorgeous!

Isn't this picture of Ashley taken from the video she did? I think it looks to be the same place and clothes..

Quote Originally Posted by OhSe7en;4181891;
    I actually think it was Single In The city. She was auctioned off for like 6000 beat out Jake Owen & A Titans player. I'm not sure which charity it went to though.

Single in the City is part of Nashville Lifestyles magazine and website. Steph in the City is the blogger who writes about the events and posts pictures of them on the internet, the auction itself was called Sweethearts for Scholarships and according to the site benefited single moms going back to school to further their education. I could post a link but I'm not sure it's allowed. Not sure what it has to do with anything but people jump to a lot of pure speculation about things so I just thought I would state the facts. Not trying to be anything other than helpful in keeping the wild speculation to a minimum.

edited because it's 2 different events...The auction was for several different charities in Nashville, the Sweethearts for Scholarships was just an event that Emily attended while in Nashville....which does not change the fact she made lots of money for a charity with her date!
    Last edited by maryhse; 02-06-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: correction

How odd that the F1 and F2 (that much not in reasonable doubt) both "come from" these major car dealership families (Hendrick and O'Brien). Just a weird coincidence. (Not trying to suggest anything, but it's sort of like the weird coincidence that Melissa and Molly fathers worked within the same large corporation).

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;4181917;
    Single in the City is part of Nashville Lifestyles magazine and website. Steph in the City is the blogger who writes about the events and posts pictures of them on the internet, the auction itself was called Sweethearts for Scholarships and according to the site benefited single moms going back to school to further their education. I could post a link but I'm not sure it's allowed. Not sure what it has to do with anything but people jump to a lot of pure speculation about things so I just thought I would state the facts. Not trying to be anything other than helpful in keeping the wild speculation to a minimum.
    Thanks so much for clearing it up!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OhSe7en;4181771;
    ok, I posted this & then deleted it, but I will post it again just because I think it needs to be said. Emily signed with Mark Block when she moved to Nashville. If I remember right she wanted to work with CMT in some way. And as far as my understanding goes her contract with him ended when she moved back to CLT in 2009. So I doubt she was having talks with the producers a year in advance... But than again I guess you never know.
    Don't stress over releasing this info about Emily, Oh7. The one common factor that all the leads and contestants on this show for 21 seasons have is that they all want to be on TV. Otherwise, why do the show? They're all good looking, charming and capable of attracting suitors on their own. Having an agent isn't a negative about Emily. Maybe she's just a little more motivated than most, and going after what she wants. She did one small show already, wanted to do something with CMT, and now she's on the Bachelor. Others have longer resumes than that, and some with some very unsavory things on their resumes. There's nothing wrong with going for what you want, and your early 20's is the time to do it.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4181937;
    Don't stress over releasing this info about Emily, Oh7. The one common factor that all the leads and contestants on this show for 21 seasons have is that they all want to be on TV. Otherwise, why do the show? They're all good looking, charming and capable of attracting suitors on their own. Having an agent isn't a negative about Emily. Maybe she's just a little more motivated than most, and going after what she wants. She did one small show already, wanted to do something with CMT, and now she's on the Bachelor. Others have longer resumes than that, and some with some very unsavory things on their resumes. There's nothing wrong with going for what you want, and your early 20's is the time to do it.
    I am perfectly ok with her doing the show, because she wants to be on TV(if that is why she did it, I don't know). But people seem to be hating on her for it. And its like you said most people come on the show for the "fame" factor, so why pick on her for it? Is the only thing i'm not understanding
    Some people think that itís holding on that makes one strong; sometimes itís letting go...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;4181824;

From what I've read, she is very active in children's activities benefitting the hospital. I even read that she participated in an auction where a date with her raised $8000! It's wonderful that she is doing something she loves and that it helps others.
    It may be bad form to quote yourself, but in the interest of keeping wild speculation of my intentions here to a minimum I'll clarify my post. I said Emily participated in "an auction..." and that it is wonderful that her actions help others. Whether it is single moms or a children's hospital, it is irrelevant to me and there was no intent to mislead.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OhSe7en;4181940;
    I am perfectly ok with her doing the show, because she wants to be on TV(if that is why she did it, I don't know). But people seem to be hating on her for it. And its like you said most people come on the show for the "fame" factor, so why pick on her for it? Is the only thing i'm not understanding
    OK, I understand where you're coming from. I haven't picked up on any hating on Emily for anything. My feeling is that she is very much liked by 99% of the board. But what we do here is dig as far as we have to to find the truth. All speculation and theories are dissected until they can be proven or thrown out. I can see where that might be uncomfortable for a personal friend to read.

Hang in there. I love to read posts from personal friends of the contestants. I can only speak for myself, but I think Emily is a doll, and wish only the best for her.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by OhSe7en;4181940;
    Exactly! It's a professional and personal choice. Why run from it? And you're right! None of us posting here have any idea why she did it.

And it's a truism -- people go on TV ... um ... to be seen on TV! No shame! No blame! It would be more humiliating to go on this misogynistic show looking for a husband.

And people who put themselves on TV for whatever reason will be judged, period. That goes with the territory. I think that's even in the FORT rules somewhere.