Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorettes Season 15

Re: Bachelorettes Season 15

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4175396;
    She reminds me of Tessa, also. (Maybe a little more "tough.") I wasn't prepared to like her and when I read the spoilers about the predicted outcome of the season, I wasn't happy. I was really rooting for brad to end up with Emily. After watching Chantal, I've become a fan. I really think she and Brad seem to go together in a real-life relationship sort of way. I still like Emily, but their interactions to me don't seem as comfortable and natural. I can't see them together in real life.
    I was so the same way!! I was rooting for Emily the first episode, but after I saw Brad and Chantal together, I became a fan right away. Her and Brad just click.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSe7en;4170671;
    Its on the preview of the whole season, but I'm not good at finding links, so I'll post a picture! I'm not sure if youtube links can be posted on here, so I figured this was easier.(also you see more of the dress this way)

I saw the full pic on the steph in the city blog from when she lived in Nashville, (BTW for anyone who's interested there are a few pics of Emily out and about in Nashville on there...super cute!) and saw where in Feb. 2009 she was part of the auction for charity and the highest bidder on her date got to go with her to the NASCAR Busch race and have dinner with her at a local restaurant. According to what someone posted her date was the highest bid at 8000.00. Way to go Emily!

The b-ettes are all so young for the most part, very young early 20's like a bunch of shiny new pennies. I can't imagine why they would want a man like Brad. He is jaded and has just been around too long and too much. He is 14 years older than Emily and some of the others. Why would she or some of the other ones that are highly educated such as a dentist be so caught up in someone like Brad? It seems like one would run from someone like him, wouldn't trust him to be really looking to settle down. When a young girl marries an older man there is no learning together one has already been there done that and the other has to just trust that what you are being told is true because you will not have the chance to find out for yourself. Example: I would love to go to a super bowl game, or insert whatever it is you want to do. Reply: you don't want to do that, I have been several times, it's a waste of money, you can't see the game and you can see it better on TV. LOL! You will not be able to ever find things out for yourself or experience life together with one person having such a head start. If you do have fun together it will seldom be a first for the two of you together. It's sort of creepy thinking of him being intimate with such young women and also telling them all the same thing, I could not EVER handle that. It's not a good way to find a husband going on a TV show. Maybe they are all just caught up in the competition of it and showing their wares to him and winning on that merit alone some sort of I'm the best thing. Perhaps it is some sort of mob mentality that comes over them being caught up in the moment of the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4179081;
    The b-ettes are all so young for the most part, very young early 20's like a bunch of shiny new pennies. I can't imagine why they would want a man like Brad. He is jaded and has just been around too long and too much. He is 14 years older than Emily and some of the others. Why would she or some of the other ones that are highly educated such as a dentist be so caught up in someone like Brad? It seems like one would run from someone like him, wouldn't trust him to be really looking to settle down. When a young girl marries an older man there is no learning together one has already been there done that and the other has to just trust that what you are being told is true because you will not have the chance to find out for yourself. Example: I would love to go to a super bowl game, or insert whatever it is you want to do. Reply: you don't want to do that, I have been several times, it's a waste of money, you can't see the game and you can see it better on TV. LOL! You will not be able to ever find things out for yourself or experience life together with one person having such a head start. If you do have fun together it will seldom be a first for the two of you together. It's sort of creepy thinking of him being intimate with such young women and also telling them all the same thing, I could not EVER handle that. It's not a good way to find a husband going on a TV show. Maybe they are all just caught up in the competition of it and showing their wares to him and winning on that merit alone some sort of I'm the best thing. Perhaps it is some sort of mob mentality that comes over them being caught up in the moment of the thing.
    Traditionally I date men older than me (more than a couple years). I have dated people around my age but I always have trouble identifying with them and identify much easier with the older guys (I think that is part is due to be highly educated and having packed some serious life experience in as well). So I'm indifferent to the ages of the females on this show or the age difference between them and Brad. Age is just a number. If they are able to communicate and identify with each other then to me it doesn't make much difference. And I certainly don't find it creepy or uncomfortable.

FORT sun

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4179081;
    14 years older is too much. maybe 5-8 ok, but over 10 is ridiculous. it is not cute to have a young lady act like parent ordering around a man 14 years older than herself either. still difficult to make babies with older women more age appropriate? who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4179087;
    Traditionally I date men older than me (more than a couple years). I have dated people around my age but I always have trouble identifying with them and identify much easier with the older guys (I think that is part is due to be highly educated and having packed some serious life experience in as well). So I'm indifferent to the ages of the females on this show or the age difference between them and Brad. Age is just a number. If they are able to communicate and identify with each other then to me it doesn't make much difference. And I certainly don't find it creepy or uncomfortable.
    It certainly depends on the persons involved. Me and hubby are 12 years apart, and just had our 10-year anniversary and happy as 2 bugs in a rug!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;4179109;
    It certainly depends on the persons involved. Me and hubby are 12 years apart, and just had our 10-year anniversary and happy as 2 bugs in a rug!!
    First, so sweet. Congrats!!

And second, I think what we're interpreting as age differences is actually lack of chemistry. Ashley S and Chantal are only 3 years apart yet when they're with Brad, I think one of them is his baby sister and the other is a woman he can't wait to get his hands all over. Same with Emily and Ashley, 1 year apart, yet one of the relationships skeeves me out like no other while the other one is red hot.

I felt the same way with Ali and Craig last year. She was so uncomfortable and grossed out by him touching her that it seemed like he was her creepy uncle visiting the family and taking advantage of a little girl. OTOH, he and Frank are the same age, only 6-7 years older than Ali, and they were a good match and had great chemistry.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by eclark;4179106;
    14 years older is too much. maybe 5-8 ok, but over 10 is ridiculous. it is not cute to have a young lady act like parent ordering around a man 14 years older than herself either. still difficult to make babies with older women more age appropriate? who knows.
    My husband was 13 yrs older than me, and there was nothing ridiculous about it. Once your adults, age becomes irrelevant..... but if you're talking 14 and 28, that's a different story, but 24 and 38... I don't see the big deal.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4179139;
    My husband was 13 yrs older than me, and there was nothing ridiculous about it. Once your adults, age becomes irrelevant..... but if you're talking 14 and 28, that's a different story, but 24 and 38... I don't see the big deal.
    It's definitely a matter of perspective haha... My parents had me young so when I was 24 my dad was 43. For me at 26 helping my hubby celebrate his 40th would be strange but that because of my personal situation. When I was 24 I had uncles celebrating their 40th birthday and they have kids in high school! I just couldn't marry someone who has the same generation letter as my father.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;4179143;
    It's definitely a matter of perspective haha... My parents had me young so when I was 24 my dad was 43. For me at 26 helping my hubby celebrate his 40th would be strange but that because of my personal situation. When I was 24 I had uncles celebrating their 40th birthday and they have kids in high school! I just couldn't marry someone who has the same generation letter as my father.
    that's for sure. I know I am closer to my stepdaughters age than I was his, as he married and had a child young too. But I think the point is that when 2 adults meet, and if you "feel it" the age on their birth certifcate isn't going to matter. I'm not seeing Emily and Brad together, but not because of thier ages it's more that I'm just not seeing them clicking at this point.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club