Page 8 of 295 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 2948

Thread: Edit Analysis

  1. #71
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,956

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4133253;
    I am working on getting it on here, but my attachment was too big, drat!
    I am surprised on how much they are already giving us! Chantal is begging him to let her go if it isn't there, and Emily is intimating what if she can't fall for him?

    What is your take so far on what they are giving us based on past models?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    962

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by cookie5;4132140;
    I think Ali cried because she was so sure of Franks' feelings for her and she was Wrong. Ali said, that she thought Frank was "head over heels in love" with her. How could she be so wrong, she did not see this coming, it totally surprised her, with all the red flags, none were that he did not love her. If she could be so wrong about this, maybe she was wrong about taking chance with Roberto. Ali was angry, hurt and pissed. Frank was never going to be her F1. Ali cared about Frank, loved being with him but as Craig R said, she was not sold on him being the one.
    Cookies, I totally agree with you. I'm convinced that Ali worked with TPTB and had determined that one of her themes was that she "overcame" the type of guys she normally would pick (Frank) that were wrong for her and gave herself the chance to fall in love with a guy that she would have thought "was too good" for her (Roberto). The typical guy she would pick and the guy that was too good .(Frank and Roberto) for her would battle it out for her to triumph In her mind, Frank was going to be her F2 and CL was going to be her F3. When she saw that wasn't going to work out, she felt like she had lost control and it wouldn't be the story that she wanted it to be. She was in love with Roberto the whole time. While she liked CL and thought he was a good guy-- he wasn't her type. She wanted him to leave at F3.

  3. #73
    FORT Fogey bevorules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4133256;
    I am surprised on how much they are already giving us! Chantal is begging him to let her go if it isn't there, and Emily is intimating what if she can't fall for him?

    What is your take so far on what they are giving us based on past models?
    I will weigh in on this season when I see how the edit shapes up after the first couple of episodes. Until then, all we have are rumors and hearsay of how the edit will go and that is too shaky a ground to make a judgment. Since we have spoilers and screen caps pinning down the final four, we should be able to zero in on the edit early in the season since we can tune out the typical Fleissian house drama decoys to focus on Emily, Chantal and Ashley H. I do think that they will somehow try to make her feistiness a positive and if she did say cut her if he wasn't feeling it, that was pure Mary in Byron season and Tessa in Andy season and both were Risk/Reward F1's. Emily's questioning if she is going to fall in love with him is a risk edit as well, so maybe we will have Ms. Nice Girl (Emily, cleaner in the house, sweet, beloved, got over incredible odds) vs. Ms. Right (Chantal who is feisty, but a match for Brad's intelligence, past, cynicism, etc and brings the best out of him.) Remember if Brad had chosen in Season 11 Babyface said it would've been DeAnna. DeAnna was a feisty brunette. Maybe that's his type. We will be able to pin down a more accurate assessment after the season starts. BTW a lot of my edit tricks come from your wonderful posts over the years. I am learning from the master and can't wait until your thoughts come out after the first few episodes as well.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

  4. #74
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,956

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4133278;
    I will weigh in on this season when I see how the edit shapes up after the first couple of episodes. Until then, all we have are rumors and hearsay of how the edit will go and that is too shaky a ground to make a judgment. Since we have spoilers and screen caps pinning down the final four, we should be able to zero in on the edit early in the season since we can tune out the typical Fleissian house drama decoys to focus on Emily, Chantal and Ashley H. I do think that they will somehow try to make her feistiness a positive and if she did say cut her if he wasn't feeling it, that was pure Mary in Byron season and Tessa in Andy season and both were Risk/Reward F1's. Emily's questioning if she is going to fall in love with him is a risk edit as well, so maybe we will have Ms. Nice Girl (Emily, cleaner in the house, sweet, beloved, got over incredible odds) vs. Ms. Right (Chantal who is feisty, but a match for Brad's intelligence, past, cynicism, etc and brings the best out of him.) Remember if Brad had chosen in Season 11 Babyface said it would've been DeAnna. DeAnna was a feisty brunette. Maybe that's his type. We will be able to pin down a more accurate assessment after the season starts. BTW a lot of my edit tricks come from your wonderful posts over the years. I am learning from the master and can't wait until your thoughts come out after the first few episodes as well.
    I am trying to cover bases as they come up....
    Can you remember an F2 ever using the "Cut me" line (he keeps only to drop at the FRC anyway), or is that always either an F1 or someone who is going anyway?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  5. #75
    FORT Fogey bevorules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4133294;
    I am trying to cover bases as they come up.... Can you remember an F2 ever using the "Cut me" line (he keeps only to drop at the FRC anyway), or is that always either an F1 or someone who is going anyway?
    I can't remember any F2's. Ali was F4 and Jake tried to get her to stay. The rest were all either F1's or they were eliminated prior to hometowns. If the bachelor is shown "talking them into staying" and then going out of their way to include them in more one on one dates or showing them more of their feelings, then watch out. That is the Mary/Tessa model for this. I am trying to say that Matt talked Shayne into staying as well. If they aren't that into the person, that ultimatum usually sends them home either that week or next as the bachelor or bachelorette doesn't want to be manipulated and will view it either as a game or they will only want those that are into them to stay. That is the model for sending them home. This is probably one of those things Fleiss will change up on us at some point when he figures out we are working a pattern out of it. Tessa wanted to go because she thought Andy was into the girls who were using drama to get his attention and thought if he liked them, then he didn't like her. Mary wanted to go twice because of the major drama in the house from Cynthia and Jane was wearing her out (she was one of the peacemakers like Tanya.)
    Quote Originally Posted by medicinegal;4132866;
    After viewing the latest preview and looking thru the latest screencaps, are we sure Emily is F2? I think the hugging pic of her and Brad look as though it could be a F3 goodbye. Also, Ashley H. is portrayed in the preview as causing conflict with the other girls in the house per the comments about group dates and her interrupting Brad and Brit during 1:1 time. There are two different sets of screencaps of Emily and Brad on the beach. Could one set be from a 1:1 date in Anguilla and the other set be from the fantasy date in South Africa? We have Brit with a 1:1 (cliff jump), Shawntel with a 1:1 (beach/dancing) and Michelle, Ashley H., and Chantel in the red suit group date. If Emily has a 1:1 in Anguilla then maybe one set of the beach screencaps is from that date and she leaves at F3. With her backstory it doesn't make sense for Brad to take her to F2 and dump her.
    I brought this over from the screencap discussion thread, but wanted to address it here with regard to possible edit pattern analysis. If this scenario plays out, we might have the first Good vs. Evil edit since season 12 and Chantal's edit will be clean and the feistiness will seem refreshing compared to Ashley making trouble in the house a la Shayne in season 12 versus Chelsea. Worth a thought. We will have to check it when epi 1 airs.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-27-2010 at 08:42 PM.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

  6. #76
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,956

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4133298;
    I can't remember any F2's. Ali was F4 and Jake tried to get her to stay. The rest were all either F1's or they were eliminated prior to hometowns. If the bachelor is shown "talking them into staying" and then going out of their way to include them in more one on one dates or showing them more of their feelings, then watch out. That is the Mary/Tessa model for this. I am trying to say that Matt talked Shayne into staying as well. If they aren't that into the person, that ultimatum usually sends them home either that week or next as the bachelor or bachelorette doesn't want to be manipulated and will view it either as a game or they will only want those that are into them to stay. That is the model for sending them home. This is probably one of those things Fleiss will change up on us at some point when he figures out we are working a pattern out of it.

    Tessa wanted to go because she thought Andy was into the girls who were using drama to get his attention and thought if he liked them, then he didn't like her. Mary wanted to go twice because of the major drama in the house from Cynthia and Jane was wearing her out (she was one of the peacemakers like Tanya.)
    Then that is at this point a plus for Chantal. Now the ABC clips are most definitely pointing to Emily: "I'm not sure I can love him back, " and then stress that the issue is "Will she accept Brad?"
    This is way too obvious ....
    Of course, this is completely at odds with Chantal's whole bit about cutting her, so how do we get from Chantal's rather anxious line about cutting her (and the jealous line also about his kissing so many other women) which obviously indicates how she feels about Brad to Brad's remark which indicates that he is not sure his F1 (Chantal in this case) will accept him?
    We have a disconnect here....
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  7. #77
    FORT Fanatic krrj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    671

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4133300;
    Then that is at this point a plus for Chantal. Now the ABC clips are most definitely pointing to Emily: "I'm not sure I can love him back, " and then stress that the issue is "Will she accept Brad?"
    This is way too obvious ....
    Of course, this is completely at odds with Chantal's whole bit about cutting her, so how do we get from Chantal's rather anxious line about cutting her (and the jealous line also about his kissing so many other women) which obviously indicates how she feels about Brad to Brad's remark which indicates that he is not sure his F1 (Chantal in this case) will accept him?
    We have a disconnect here....
    i was thinking the same thing.....the only thing I can think of is that they are playing the will she choose me back line stronger than any other edit. They show him going to the FRC twice in the preview clip on youtube but the second time they make it look like he is returning from the frc and he is crying like she said no. He has made it very clear in his interviews that he feel in love...but did she fall in love with him - seems to be the hook this year.

    I think it will be very interesting to watch the clips at the end of the 1st epi. will they be a repeat of what we have already seen? or will they give us more? I dont remember any other season where they have given us this many screen caps before the first epi.

    its going to be a fun season.

  8. #78
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    319

    Re: Edit Analysis

    From what y'all posted with photos, I think it looks like the white limo pulls over or stops on the road. Perhaps a short breath of fresh air while en route? or tossed cookies.... or ring?

  9. #79
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Wow! We're already heavy into the editing and the show hasn't started. Well I haven't seen any previews or clips. I'll wait until the show start and make my analysis, I'm not a edit person, but if that works for you all I like watching, not seeing. I read that Brad fell in love, if true, then that will be my guide. I don't believe DeAnna was ever the one Brad was going to choose, if he chose someone, no matter what babyface say. If she was the one, then he would have chosen her...words and action needs to match for me to believe. I'm like anders, that's what I believe and I'm sticking to it. Frank was Ali's backup plan, and when it fell through she was worried about her primary plan, the man she really wanted and fell for, falling through. Roberto reassured her on their LCD and she knew without a doubt that she was good enough, that's why we constantly heard her talk about the way he treats her. That's just what I pick up. Let the season begin

  10. #80
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4133298;
    I can't remember any F2's. Ali was F4 and Jake tried to get her to stay. The rest were all either F1's or they were eliminated prior to hometowns. If the bachelor is shown "talking them into staying" and then going out of their way to include them in more one on one dates or showing them more of their feelings, then watch out. That is the Mary/Tessa model for this. I am trying to say that Matt talked Shayne into staying as well. If they aren't that into the person, that ultimatum usually sends them home either that week or next as the bachelor or bachelorette doesn't want to be manipulated and will view it either as a game or they will only want those that are into them to stay. That is the model for sending them home. This is probably one of those things Fleiss will change up on us at some point when he figures out we are working a pattern out of it.

    Tessa wanted to go because she thought Andy was into the girls who were using drama to get his attention and thought if he liked them, then he didn't like her. Mary wanted to go twice because of the major drama in the house from Cynthia and Jane was wearing her out (she was one of the peacemakers like Tanya.)
    Remember Frank, he played the same game

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.