Page 7 of 295 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Seeing has how the suspected F1 lady is the slapper ~ there will definitely be some misdirection when it comes to a F1 edit this season - if in fact she is our F1. I would've thought that if she was F1 they would've left that out. I really thought Fleiss would give us a clean Brad and F1 edit - we'll see how it goes, I guess.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4131649;
    They kept Roberto out of the light. Hearing production say that they had to work hard to hide the obvious blooming love made sense, in retrospect. Everyone knew and saw what was happening. Why Ali cried when Frank left still remains a mystery to me. But he knew, so took charge of the situation.

Since it is Fleiss' goal keep the ending a surprise, it is clear that an obvious F1 is probably not afoot.
    What the kicker is that even more than the crying and carrying on, she made undeniable statements about Frank in both the hometown and Fantasy dates, yet the editing never really placed Frank in a solid, confident F1 position. It was as though the producers knew all along Frank was opting out (as we knew from RS), but they allowed Ali enough rope to hang herself. When she got to the end of the rope, so to speak, that night ( according to what she herself said) she realistically looked at the whole situation and saw all of it for what it was - Frank for who he actually was and not the Frank she wanted him to be and Roberto for the obtainable guy she really could have.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

I think Ali cried because of the situation – here was a guy that was most likely going to F2 (we heard her say she intended for him to meet her parents), but she saw and dealt with all his red flags in the past (we heard her say at the AFRC that when he said “Ali, we need to talk” that she thought she had to ‘fix him’ again). I think she had already decided somewhere along the line that he may not have been her F1, but I got the sense that she wasn’t quite ready to give up on him yet. And quite frankly, no one likes to be dumped. And then for her to turn around and dump Chris before the LCD even began it truly lends credence to this theory, since he was never supposed to get to F2 (that’s my opinion, and I’m sticking to it )
    Last edited by anders332; 12-23-2010 at 08:50 AM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4131649;
    They kept Roberto out of the light. Hearing production say that they had to work hard to hide the obvious blooming love made sense, in retrospect. Everyone knew and saw what was happening. Why Ali cried when Frank left still remains a mystery to me. But he knew, so took charge of the situation.

Since it is Fleiss' goal keep the ending a surprise, it is clear that an obvious F1 is probably not afoot.
    I have always questioned how much of that was "forced/prodded" out of Ali for ratings. Certainly if she hadn't carried on like she did, it would have been far less dramatic and interesting. Remember she also went to pieces when she left Jake, and I have serious doubts that she was really "in love" with him to the degree that the outpouring merited as well. However, I suspect once the producers saw how much emotion Ali was able to muster on that show (and we don't know how much the reaction was provoked by them and how much was Ali "embellishing" on her own), they expected no less from her at a critical moment on her own show.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4131673;
    I think Ali cried because of the situation – here was a guy that was most likely going to F2 (we heard her say she intended for him to meet her parents), but she saw and dealt with all his red flags in the past (we heard her say at the AFRC that when he said “Ali, we need to talk” that she thought she had to ‘fix him’ again). I think she had already decided somewhere along the line that he may not have been her F1, but I got the sense that she wasn’t quite ready to give up on him yet. And quite frankly, no one likes to be dumped. And then for her to turn around and dump Chris before the LCD even began it truly lends credence to this theory, since he was never supposed to get to F2 (that’s my opinion, and I’m sticking to it )
    I totally agree with your opinion. I never thought (like alot of people said) that she was totally in love with Frank and he was supposed to be her F1.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4131631;
    Not only do I look at edits, but I look more at Red Flags – Frank and Chris had them all over the place and Frank got the F1 edit right from the start, and Chris always got the F3 edit. I can’t say that Roberto got a typical F1 edit, since there are many different F1 edits out there. She was afraid she wasn’t good enough for him, he was perfect (Jeremy), he was hot (Graham), she was afraid he wouldn’t love her back (Graham). When she sat down with Chris Harrison (in Iceland IIRC) he called her out on being terrified. This actually was the episode that I started considering he might be F1 because of the way they greeted each other at the cocktail party, and this was about the only contact we saw with them during this episode.
    Frank never did have the F1 edit and neither did Chris. Frank was the "distraction" to keep people from zeroing in on Roberto who was the easy F1. Frank was "the lover" Chris was the Friend and the "safe" F2 against Roberto who Ali was crazy in love with but worried if she was good enough for (risk/reward) Frank had risk elements, but we knew he was leaving prior to the F2 because of the spoilers. They sometimes give the F3 a similar edit to the F1 (Amanda/Shayne) but there will be issues with the edit. In Frank's case he was hiding a big secret from Ali which makes him a "villain." While Vienna was bitchy, she was not a "villain" because she wasn't hiding anything from Jake who knew about her "issues" and picked her anyway. Ali never loved Frank, she was attracted to him but not in love with him. She would've dumped him as the F2 had he not left.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;4131508;
    Wow Bevorules

Fascinating and interesting read. You hit on many things I have never noticed before; My only problem is, I don't agree with your portrayal of Travis's season with Sarah...(God she drove me crazy , she was the nutcase/mental case to me ) and Moana, was the stable one, who I hated at first and grew to love. Still hurt for her when I watch Travis's rejection of Moana on utube.

It was incredible to read it all. Thanks for spelling it out for us.
    Karey
    I didn't have time in the earlier post to explain why that season fit with g v e. Moana was not a villain in the sense of being a jerk. I like Moana and don't think for a moment that she is a bad person. But she was a "villain" in the sense that she was hiding things from Travis that the girls discovered (unstable emotionally, apathetic about him with the girls, throwing herself at him with him) and whenever someone is hiding things from a bachelor or bachelorette behind flirting or wiles and it is discovered by the house and the viewer then they fit the villain F2 pattern. Travis settled for safety so that edit was not an option for Fleiss, and Moana was too confrontational and unstable in the house to be MNG so that edit was out. That season was one of the hardest to analyze because Travis had to back his way out when he realized Susan didn't want him (she was more of the textbook villain) and Moana was too unstable for a busy ER doctor and it could've been a dangerous situation down the line.

Sarah was clean in the edit compared to Moana and Susan because she wasn't hiding things from Travis. She wasn't unstable, just a bit boring and in a personality type that could be condescending or controlling, none of which make her a villain but I do see how she could rub some the wrong way.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Wow, bevorules! I'd love to hear your interpretation/analysis of every season. Any chance of that?

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4131673;
    I think Ali cried because she was so sure of Franks' feelings for her and she was Wrong. Ali said, that she thought Frank was "head over heels in love" with her. How could she be so wrong, she did not see this coming, it totally surprised her, with all the red flags, none were that he did not love her. If she could be so wrong about this, maybe she was wrong about taking chance with Roberto. Ali was angry, hurt and pissed. Frank was never going to be her F1. Ali cared about Frank, loved being with him but as Craig R said, she was not sold on him being the one.
    "Love Never Fails"

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4132039;
    Wow, bevorules! I'd love to hear your interpretation/analysis of every season. Any chance of that?
    I am working on getting it on here, but my attachment was too big, drat!