Page 6 of 295 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: **Spoilers** F1, F2, F3, F4

Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander;4130988;
    Bevorules Thank you so much for taking the time to write this out! It is so helpful to think back about other seasons edits before watching these edits unfold. You did a wonderful job covering everything!
    Thank you. I have been working on that for awhile. I am trying to compile a sleuth guide, but my file is too big to post on here. I copied and pasted the sleuthing chapter. When I figure it out I will get it on here, hopefully before the M&G airs so we can hit the ground running to sleuth.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;4130986;
    And maybe a copy of it could go in the edit thread, it'll be interesting to see how Emily and Chantal polarize each other. (Or Ashley for that matter!)
    It probably should be over there, but someone said that lately the edits were confusing so I posted in response to help them out.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

The edits tend to get confusing because they will mix and match edit patterns – as your post indicates different editing techniques are used for every season – I’m not sure if we can say that there is 1 editing technique that has been used every season. Not even the beloved F3 holds true for every season – although it probably is the most used.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4131266;
    The edits tend to get confusing because they will mix and match edit patterns as your post indicates different editing techniques are used for every season Im not sure if we can say that there is 1 editing technique that has been used every season. Not even the beloved F3 holds true for every season although it probably is the most used.
    He does combine them sometimes but like last season, the same person should get the F1 edit. . That is your key for finding the F1 by edit pattern. Several of the risk/reward vs. safety and mr. nice guy vs. mr. right seasons have had shades of both in the edit and some are more "text book" with little variation like Andy/Tessa and Lorenzo/Jen. Where we realize a no choice is made is where all three edits are present and different people are in the F1 slots. That is why I knew Ali chose last year after my first knee jerk reaction of anger to RS spoiler. The next episode aired and Roberto was still the only one getting an "F1" edit in any of the patterns. By then it was late enough that Fleiss had it in more of a risk/reward pattern. Last year was tricky because Ali didn't use the "safety" word with regard to Chris until the finale was airing. Usually they give it away sooner (most years the preview aired during the MTA or WTA special.) That is a dead giveaway. I knew Jesse was it before the ATFR leaks on DeAnna season because she referred to Jason as her "safety blanket." That put a wet blanket over any hopes for Jason to be picked. That was another tricky season but a friend of mine on Jokers kept me from fully committing to rooting for Jason reminding me that there was not any conflict to be resolved in his edit. There clearly was in Jesse's. It had me looking closely at the MTA preview and so I was able to spot the "S" word when DeAnna uttered it.

Guys, don't tune out the M/WTA episode. I know that the first 40 mins or so is pure fluff, but the last 20 mins are very key. First of all they give us the missing FRC caps to be able to sleuth them and second, this is where Fleiss tips his hand of which edit we are in to "set the table" for the finale. This is where we will here the safety vs. risk comparisons, the preview of evil getting theirs but fear that Cinderella will come up short, or we will see why MNG is mr. wrong for the bach/ette. If we are in a "combo" edit, he will give himself away during that time and you should be able to tell who is F1. Usually we have enough spoiler info and caps to zero in on the edit and have already figured it out prior to the tell all like with Tessa or Ed.

In my experience the best sleuthing is to combine everyone's great cap work with the edit pattern and the patterns as well as RS. They are all tools at our disposal. Also it is best to stay close to your computer so FORTers and Jokers can help you sleuth. The seasons I didn't have access to FORT and Jokers were dicier for me trying to sleuth. We really do help each other with our theories and back and forth.

Re: Edit Analysis

bevorules, that is amazing, can't wait for the season to start. Thanks for the great information, I am excited to starting using it
    "Love Never Fails"

Thank you so much, Bevo. Your analysis of the edits makes many things clear. Fantastic job!

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Wow Bevorules

Fascinating and interesting read. You hit on many things I have never noticed before; My only problem is, I don't agree with your portrayal of Travis's season with Sarah...(God she drove me crazy , she was the nutcase/mental case to me ) and Moana, was the stable one, who I hated at first and grew to love. Still hurt for her when I watch Travis's rejection of Moana on utube.

It was incredible to read it all. Thanks for spelling it out for us.
    Karey

Just ducking in to say Bevorules, you're amazing! I haven't watched too many seasons (maybe my third now) but I'm looking forward to following along with all of you this time

Not only do I look at edits, but I look more at Red Flags – Frank and Chris had them all over the place and Frank got the F1 edit right from the start, and Chris always got the F3 edit. I can’t say that Roberto got a typical F1 edit, since there are many different F1 edits out there. She was afraid she wasn’t good enough for him, he was perfect (Jeremy), he was hot (Graham), she was afraid he wouldn’t love her back (Graham). When she sat down with Chris Harrison (in Iceland IIRC) he called her out on being terrified. This actually was the episode that I started considering he might be F1 because of the way they greeted each other at the cocktail party, and this was about the only contact we saw with them during this episode.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4131631;
    Not only do I look at edits, but I look more at Red Flags Frank and Chris had them all over the place and Frank got the F1 edit right from the start, and Chris always got the F3 edit. I cant say that Roberto got a typical F1 edit, since there are many different F1 edits out there.
    They kept Roberto out of the light. Hearing production say that they had to work hard to hide the obvious blooming love made sense, in retrospect. Everyone knew and saw what was happening. Why Ali cried when Frank left still remains a mystery to me. But he knew, so took charge of the situation.

Since it is Fleiss' goal keep the ending a surprise, it is clear that an obvious F1 is probably not afoot.