Page 52 of 295 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;4158407;
    Chantal says in one of her VOs "Never in my wildest dreams could I ever imagined falling in love in Costa Rica....It's just paradise."

We will have to watch their "camping date" in Costa Rico carefully.
    That VO is heavily spliced IMO.
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;4158407;
    Chantal says in one of her VOs "Never in my wildest dreams could I ever imagined falling in love in Costa Rica....It's just paradise."

We will have to watch their "camping date" in Costa Rico carefully.
    Oh don't worry I will watch carefully for the both of us

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;4158333;
    But this is the last line in that article

This could also point to Chantal who has been referred to as the one who "gets him".
    It was Chris H who said she "gets" him though, not Brad. Does that stil count? I wonder
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL;4158409;
    That VO is heavily spliced IMO.
    IA. "Never in my wildest dreams could I ever imagine" and "Falling in love in Costa Rica" are said in a different tone of voice.
    "Life is not a fairytale, but love can be."-Ali

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;4158428;
    It was Chris H who said she "gets" him though, not Brad. Does that stil count? I wonder
    And that's a good point. On the other hand should we apply the same rule to Chris H.'s comments about Emily that we don't actually hear Brad say? I guess my point was that we can analyze all these media interviews forever and still find a way to make them fit who ever a persons favorite might be. I just don't think we have any idea of what any of these people are being instructed to say or not to say and Chris H. has a job to do to promote this show. Jmo
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by princess81320;4158435;
    IA. "Never in my wildest dreams could I ever imagine" and "Falling in love in Costa Rica" are said in a different tone of voice.
    I heard it split into three or four sound bites: Never in my wildest dreams/ could I ever imagine/ falling in love/ in Costa Rica. I'll check again later to be sure.
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;4158442;
    And that's a good point. On the other hand should we apply the same rule to Chris H.'s comments about Emily that we don't actually hear Brad say? I guess my point was that we can analyze all these media interviews forever and still find a way to make them fit who ever a persons favorite might be. I just don't think we have any idea of what any of these people are being instructed to say or not to say and Chris H. has a job to do to promote this show. Jmo

And Chris is very good at it usually.

By the time we get an interview or a video, it has gone through several layers of editing. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar ... who said that?
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL;4158444;
    I heard it split into three or four sound bites: Never in my wildest dreams/ could I ever imagine/ falling in love/ in Costa Rica. I'll check again later to be sure.
    Even when it's spliced, it is often an appropriate sentiment for that character' journey, or the Lead's journey. They don't have a script. And they rely upon cast to narrate. So when the words and images they filmed don't have sound bites that fit the story they elected to show/tell they shop around for scraps of sound that can be assembled into a sentence that tells the story. For this reason, I applaud the transcription of the season opener super tease. There are tons of clue in that, every season ... the sentences that are spoken (regardless of who says them or if they were franken-bite splices) are about as close as viewers every get to the editors/creators notes for the season's themes.... but it won't reveal the winner...the obsession of the board readers!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;4158374;
    Storyboard is one of those industry words (like "EDIT" frankly!) that gets thrown around on this board with no concept of what that word means in the context of an unscripted reality show (as contrasted to say, an episode of Grays Anatomy or The Simpsons).

From old post:
    thank you sooo much for bringing forward that post jlccaz I'd never seen that before but it definitely spells out quite clearly how the Bach is produced. Reality tv producers have to be quick on their feet and know how to the edit very skillfully so as to tell whatever story that seems to be developing that season. I'm sure it's a lot harder to produce than regular tv as you never know what the next day could bring. Yay for reality tv
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking;4158261;
    Re: Bold - IA. CH has already eluded to more to come between Emily and Brad!

Bachelor Host: Brad and Emily Still Have a Lot of Hurdles to Overcome - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

The next part of the article is also so bizarre - if we believe that Chantal is F1.
    I am surprised that Chris would say this so openly.

TVGuide.com: Although he was OK with everything, will it affect their relationship in the future?

Harrison: Her telling the story and Brad finding out is really the tip of the iceberg with them. It's almost better to date someone who's divorced because they're negative. With Ricky there is no negative, and I don't want to sound crass, but you're battling a ghost. The same thing that haunts her in all her relationships is something that Brad and her are going to have to cross soon. If I'm Brad and I'm not 100 percent sure, do I do this to Emily again? Do I drag her along if I'm not really sure, only to break this girl's heart? Then on top of that it's on national television and do I want to be that guy.
    There you go, there's the key words.