Page 4 of 295 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 2948

Thread: Edit Analysis

  1. #31
    FORT Fanatic TxMav10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    649

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4123330;
    Wowza...I was thinking about it last night. Pared down, Brad had an F4 choice of an upcoming mortician, a very recent (2009) divorcee - who may or may not be carrying some emotional baggage, and 2 (count them 2) who had former loves who had died.

    The F2 is frequently a ringtail tooter or a sweetheart. Emily's whole heartbreaking back story will probably make her a favorite - just like Chris - before we much get started. Therefore, Brad will look even worse when he breaks the heart ( the heart that has already been broken by death) when he chooses the other girl who had a husband (and for whatever reason ) and let him go.
    I know what I am saying here ....I am just setting it up the way that many viewers will see it. Those who have been on here for a while can tell you what is going to happen - not that it won't be very sad for Emily because I am sure that it was at the time that all of this occurred (the FRC).

    The F3, Ashley, on the face of things has tremendous potential. She is in dental school and is an accomplished dancer. She must personally have a lot to offer as well for her to have advanced as far as she has, but evidently she has not gotten over the death of her (ex?) long term boyfriend because according to our spoilers, the edit is going to show her losing it a couple of times.

    I think the edit is going to show Brad having to navigate through some emotionally tough waters this season. His age may well help him through this experience.



    That phrase is a family favorite! Thanks for the chuckle Bloomers!!
    I have heard that the edit will be tricky again this year.....can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!!

  2. #32
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,628

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4124323;
    Thanks for all your thoughtful and valuable insights. They really help me make sense of the show. I agree with all you say except not sure about the bolded. Vienna got the adrenaline date...doesn't that usually go to a favorite? Also, I find it very hard to understand why Chantal didn't get a 1-1 date til Epi 4. What reason would there be for that if she was the favored one at the start?
    Opportunity to eliminate others quicky and confirm initial choice.

  3. #33
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,071

    Re: Timeline for Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4126119;
    The Tell All - usually within the week before it aires

    ATFR - ROFL - may depend on the outcome LOL
    Oh don't even joke! If for some reason Brad's commitment-phobic evil twin shows up with a heartbroken Chantal in tow screaming "it doesn't make sense!" on ATFR, I feel like Fleiss will personally storm the stage and take Brad out. Most dramatic ATFR ever.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  4. #34
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,577

    Re: Timeline for Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4126855;
    Oh don't even joke! If for some reason Brad's commitment-phobic evil twin shows up with a heartbroken Chantal in tow screaming "it doesn't make sense!" on ATFR, I feel like Fleiss will personally storm the stage and take Brad out. Most dramatic ATFR ever.
    Well - Geepers - that WOULD be exciting at least
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

  5. #35
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,712

    Re: Timeline for Bachelor 15

    Well, we know he does choose someone this time - so if there's discord before it tapes, in all likelihood the couple will put on a brave face and get through the AFRC as if they're a happy couple and break up publically soon afterwards. I believe this season has just as much to do with the redemption of Brad as it does with the workings of the MF money making machine.

    Then there's always the possibility the AFRC might tape early in order to get a good AFRC
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  6. #36
    FORT Fogey bevorules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4124323;
    Thanks for all your thoughtful and valuable insights. They really help me make sense of the show. I agree with all you say except not sure about the bolded. Vienna got the adrenaline date...doesn't that usually go to a favorite? Also, I find it very hard to understand why Chantal didn't get a 1-1 date til Epi 4. What reason would there be for that if she was the favored one at the start?
    The adrenaline date doesn't always go to the F1.
    F1 Adrenaline Date recipients:
    Roberto (High wire to adjacent building), Vienna (bungee jumping off bridge), Ed (rappelling off building), Tessa (zip lining across canyon)
    F2 or lower Adrenaline Date Recipients: Kiptyn F2 Jillian (High adventure "leap of faith" FD including rope bridge, zip line and jumping from high pole to high pole), Michael S TF5 Jillian (Zip Lining over Canyon), Molly (originally the F2 so for our purposes needs to be included here) F2 Jason Season (bungee jumping off bridge), Bevin F2 Andy Season (jumping off high cliff,) and Kirsten F2 Andrew Season (bobsledding.)

    This is one of those patterns that is in the "sometimes" pile like FIR being a kiss of death (Jesse and Roberto are exceptions), divorcee not winning (Vienna and Chantal if spoilers are correct.)

    While it is true that adversity can cement real feelings and bring a couple together really quickly, it will also reveal just as quickly if you don't have sparks or don't have what it takes and will make Brad or any other decide not to keep that person in the long run if those feelings aren't there. If they had given the adrenaline date to Frank or Chris last year, I don't for a minute think it would have changed Ali's final choice to them nor do I think Tenley would've been chosen by Jake if the adrenaline date would've gone to her. I think the key to whether to sleuth this as a valid pattern or not will be in how the date is edited and how the person fits into the edit pattern as a whole.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

  7. #37
    FORT Fogey bevorules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Forgot to notate that the adrenaline dates were coming fast and furious in Jillian's bachette season, so it is easy to see why we have both proven the theory and disproven it with just her season! Just a thought on my own post.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,712

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Isn't Jill an adrenaline junkie though? She did have quite a few - but Ed got the first.

    When it comes to this series, it's usually better to compare Bach/Bach and 'ette/ette.

    But this season Brad is getting 30 gals and 11 weeks - no bach has ever gotten that.

    I think Travis had the shortest season.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey bevorules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4127166;
    Isn't Jill an adrenaline junkie though? She did have quite a few - but Ed got the first.

    When it comes to this series, it's usually better to compare Bach/Bach and 'ette/ette.

    But this season Brad is getting 30 gals and 11 weeks - no bach has ever gotten that.

    I think Travis had the shortest season.
    In some ways yes, but in these it is best to look at the whole picture in my experience. I have looked at every pattern until my eyes have crossed. I will post it soon when I get my guide ready so you can see why I would put them together. Ette edits are slightly different, but not enough to have a new edit pattern and the patterns don't change much at all.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey bevorules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: **Spoilers** F1, F2, F3, F4

    Quote Originally Posted by Living;4130821;
    Depends on what the spoiled is. For some it is more on the side of the sleuthing to uncover the hidden bits.
    And yet some are like me who use Spoilers as a sleuth tool (because I always sleuth the spoiler to check it's validity.) With all of the false spoilers, that is always how I have used them. Sleuthing is more fun than spoilers because it is fun to pull out our inner-PI selves to look for clues and scout things out. It is more fun than watching.

    There are basically three types of fans, The Casual Viewer, the Sleuther, and the Spoiler Fan.

    Casual Viewer: Doesn't like to know anything early and wants to be "surprised" when the ending is aired. They don't hang out online or they stick to the general discussion boards so as not to get sucked in by the other types who want to know the end. These folks are most likely to react to trick endings and break ups with anger or shock. They are also most likely to drive casting as Fleiss casts and perpetuates drama in the house to keep these folks watching.
    Sleuth: The sleuth is who most of us are. We pour over caps, search for clues in VO, PI, Interviews, and we analyze edit to see if we can figure out the ending before it happens. We are least likely to react with anger at break ups and trick endings because we can see them coming around the bend. We are also more analytical in our watching for clues, and even if we are rooting, we try to compartmentalize sleuthing from rooting so we don't get as easily caught up (I can't root because I am not good at compartmentalization.) Fleiss will leave clues in the narration and the audio edit for sleuthers to keep us interested. He doesn't mind sleuthers as they are watchers as well and keeping us interested is fun for him as an editor.
    Spoiler Fans: Spoiler fans are like sleuths except that instead of sleuthing themselves, they are relying on folks like RS and Us Magazine to sleuth for them and tell them who wins. Fleiss doesn't mind the fan so much as they are part of his rating pool and help put food on his table. But he has a problem with the bloggers that "spoil" the ending and is bent on tricking them and is getting craftier at setting up false leads and leading them astray. That is why if you are a spoiler fan, it might be helpful to learn how to sleuth or to keep tuning into FORT so that the sleuths can influence your view as to not get bamboozled by a false spoiler as we will help you decipher if the spoiler is false.

    If we stick together no matter which kind of fan we are, we can stay a step ahead of TPTB's trickery and we will have more fun in the process.
    Last edited by bevorules; 12-21-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Forgot to bold the third type.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.