Page 3 of 295 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;4123453;
    IIRC Ashley is the one that drinks a little too much. Brad's probably a pro dealing with that since I'm sure it happens at his bars a lot.
    Oh, was that what happened? Thanks!! And you're right, he'll take care of her, I'm sure. :o)
    Last edited by sanlee; 12-09-2010 at 03:32 PM.

The way I see this is that with an older Bachelor, it might be viewed a little creepy to have a really young, bright-eyed woman as his choice(s). Instead, to make him less of a cradle-robber, they have selected for the final four a group for which this is not their first rodeo either. They've all apparently been there and done some of that and got a little shine knocked off along the way. These final four can probably handle whatever heartbreak the end production has to offer.
    I'm completely just jumping into this season, but I always love the edit analysis thread for this show. I haven't commented since Jake's season, but I found Bloomers' post from this AM very intriguing.

Along with the above-mentioned production decision, does anyone think that, just as Brad most likely was "in" on Chantelle's slap, he was also willing to give this season a shot mostly because the majority of those girls were expecting Chris Lambton? For as much as Brad might undergo a redemption this time around, behind-the-scenes he's kinda off-the-hook. If, say, he was the last minute choice, then he's just walking into "good luck" with another chance to date 25 MORE girls all under the exploitative camera of Mike Fleiss. As much as it'll be edited that it's Brad's do-over, if he is the fill-in for someone preferred, then he also kinda gets a break. He may have chosen this gig again cuz if it doesn't work, even to the public, for him he's partially NOT responsible. To me, that doesn't smell of someone completely over their commitment issues.

If, however, he had this agreement with Fleiss perhaps from when he chose no one, then those girls were chosen for Brad even against their own knowledge.

Either way, whether he's a new man or not, I only have the greatest of hope for these couples, that they're the diamond among many coals. I hope he really did find love.

Just my two cents. I'll leave you all to your awesome analysis Thanks!

FORT Newbie

"Ring tailed tooter"! I had to come out of lurkdom to thank you, Bloomers, for this wonderful new addition to my vocabulary!
    I Googled the phrase and found it included in a list of "Thirteen Texas Expressions You Need To Know" - is it indeed a Texas saying?
    I am taking every opportunity to use it over the coming weekend -- although I live Down Under and don't expect anyone will understand me :-)
    Last edited by jojinx; 12-10-2010 at 03:21 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jojinx;4123745;
    "Ring tailed tooter"! I had to come out of lurkdom to thank you, Bloomers, for this wonderful new addition to my vocabulary!
    I Googled the phrase and found it included in a list of "Thirteen Texas Expressions You Need To Know" - is it indeed a Texas saying?
    I am taking every opportunity to use it over the coming weekend -- although I live Down Under and don't expect anyone will understand me :-)
    I'm from Alabama, but we've got some sayings, too! Although "ringtail tooter" in some situations (according to Google) can be fairly complimentary as in "a straight shooter", the following definition was also given, and it is the one of which I had in mind. We can probably all remember several likely candidates through the seasons that fit this description (especially "show out"):

Raise the roof; Make a lot of noise; Ring tail tooter; A wildly energetic person ; Run someone ragged; Tired you out with activity or aggravation; Show out ...
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;4123904;
    We'll have to see what plays out, but that question formed in my mind, not just from the SLAP/WINNER plot point, but also from the the free and easy release of the fact of THANKSGIVING BREAK WITH HER FAMILY IN PALM DESERT (or Springs or wherever) to RS. Wondered whether someone in some camp was trying to dispel "the whole thing is a set-up", by letting out some facts consistent with post-filming love and happiness. On the other hand, all kinds of people fall in love at "work" these days, so our romantic/fantasy side can pretend that something real happened, i.e., anything is possible!
    I actually just read this at TWOP but seems plausible- what if the slap was filmed after Brad told TPTB who he liked most on the first night and all F4 shot one? Didn't Jesse say they sit the Bach/Bette down and make them say their top 4 right away? So perhaps all of the F4 filmed a slap and only Chantal's is shown as she's the F1? Too devious?

Or maybe they knew each other/were together beforehand and it was a set-up which is why he was so confident he'd find love this time?

I'm all about the conspiracies today!!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4123919;
    I actually just read this at TWOP but seems plausible- what if the slap was filmed after Brad told TPTB who he liked most on the first night and all F4 shot one? Didn't Jesse say they sit the Bach/Bette down and make them say their top 4 right away? So perhaps all of the F4 filmed a slap and only Chantal's is shown as she's the F1? Too devious?

Or maybe they knew each other/were together beforehand and it was a set-up which is why he was so confident he'd find love this time?

I'm all about the conspiracies today!!
    Mods: This post is tied to both RS and the edit. Please transfer it to the edit thread if you think it would be better placed there. Thanks!

We have been told by more than one quite reputable source that the producers hit the Bach/ette up for the Bach/ette's idea - at that time at least - of his/her F4 on Meet and Greet night, ostensibly for planning purposes.

I think that for the most part the F4 stated has probably been the F4 in the end, and I say that based on the way that the 1-1 dates have played out as well as a few other editing things that I have noticed.
    I also believe that the majority of the time that the (idea) F1 that the Bach/ette gives the producers has worked out.
    There have been some exceptions, of course, the most obvious of which are Jason/Molly and to me Jake/Vienna.
    I am not at all convinced Vienna was in the original F4 on the Meet and Greet.

Something else to consider is that we have - in some seasons - seen the Bach/ette go through photobooks of the contestants. Bach/ette Jen even got to select some of her own Bachelor candidates as we saw.
    It is my hunch - a strong one - that Brad was "familiar" with Chantal before he laid eyes on her as she exited the limo.
    Am I saying he knew her previously in real life? No! Not at all...
    However, I think the producers NEED a success from Brad because they are taking a chance on him.
    With his past experience, I can quite easily see the producers giving him some of the materials to look over a little early (bios, photos, etc.)

Unless they change it for editing of the actual show, Chantal according to RS is first out of the limo for the big wow impression, and according to Reality Steve in the actual Rose Ceremony she got her rose in the same slot as F1 Vienna. Remember now, she is coming after Vienna, so the producers/editors could be establishing some kind of an order for whatever reason they have.

Bottom line!!! I think Brad KNEW the first night Chantal was his F1.

RS says she is the first one to get the second 1-1 date, yet her first 1-1 date doesn't come until Ep4 or somewhere along that line.
    All previous second 1-1 dates have gone to (maybe favorites) contestants who had early 1-1 dates (Ep.2 or Ep3 when there were no 1-1s in Ep.2).

My idea is that he showed a preference for this gal (or they helped him ?), and they are encouraging the development of the relationship as much as they can. Thus, she leap-frogged over all the rest of them.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by jojinx;4123745;
    I am from TX and I had never heard of it before Bloomers used it. I like it and am going to have to use it sometime.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Fogey

Don't worry Bloomers-- I've heard it plenty of times!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4123966;
    Mods: This post is tied to both RS and the edit. Please transfer it to the edit thread if you think it would be better placed there. Thanks!

We have been told by more than one quite reputable source that the producers hit the Bach/ette up for the Bach/ette's idea - at that time at least - of his/her F4 on Meet and Greet night, ostensibly for planning purposes.

I think that for the most part the F4 stated has probably been the F4 in the end, and I say that based on the way that the 1-1 dates have played out as well as a few other editing things that I have noticed.
    I also believe that the majority of the time that the (idea) F1 that the Bach/ette gives the producers has worked out.
    There have been some exceptions, of course, the most obvious of which are Jason/Molly and to me Jake/Vienna.
    I am not at all convinced Vienna was in the original F4 on the Meet and Greet.

Something else to consider is that we have - in some seasons - seen the Bach/ette go through photobooks of the contestants. Bach/ette Jen even got to select some of her own Bachelor candidates as we saw.
    It is my hunch - a strong one - that Brad was "familiar" with Chantal before he laid eyes on her as she exited the limo.
    Am I saying he knew her previously in real life? No! Not at all...
    However, I think the producers NEED a success from Brad because they are taking a chance on him.
    With his past experience, I can quite easily see the producers giving him some of the materials to look over a little early (bios, photos, etc.)

Unless they change it for editing of the actual show, Chantal according to RS is first out of the limo for the big wow impression, and according to Reality Steve in the actual Rose Ceremony she got her rose in the same slot as F1 Vienna. Remember now, she is coming after Vienna, so the producers/editors could be establishing some kind of an order for whatever reason they have.

Bottom line!!! I think Brad KNEW the first night Chantal was his F1.

RS says she is the first one to get the second 1-1 date, yet her first 1-1 date doesn't come until Ep4 or somewhere along that line.
    All previous second 1-1 dates have gone to (maybe favorites) contestants who had early 1-1 dates (Ep.2 or Ep3 when there were no 1-1s in Ep.2).

My idea is that he showed a preference for this gal (or they helped him ?), and they are encouraging the development of the relationship as much as they can. Thus, she leap-frogged over all the rest of them.
    Thanks for all your thoughtful and valuable insights. They really help me make sense of the show. I agree with all you say except not sure about the bolded. Vienna got the adrenaline date...doesn't that usually go to a favorite? Also, I find it very hard to understand why Chantal didn't get a 1-1 date til Epi 4. What reason would there be for that if she was the favored one at the start?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4124323;
    Thanks for all your thoughtful and valuable insights. They really help me make sense of the show. I agree with all you say except not sure about the bolded. Vienna got the adrenaline date...doesn't that usually go to a favorite? Also, I find it very hard to understand why Chantal didn't get a 1-1 date til Epi 4. What reason would there be for that if she was the favored one at the start?
    We caught on to both the adrenaline date and the Ep 3 F1 (Ed, Vienna, and Roberto), so I believe the producers thought it was time to mix it up some.

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579;4124318;
    Coming out of lurking to ask about something that's been bugging me every time I've rewatched the clips available... I agree with most of what's up there, but there's a really quick flash of a girl in the same colored green dress as Chantal, from the back, but with curly hair - whereas the rest of the time in the clip, her hair is straight. Is it possible that that was re-filmed, in order to put the slap in? Maybe for the storyline or just for the shock value. I'm going to go look at the group picture of the girls again to see if there's another girl in a green dress as well...

Sorry if that's already been noticed and explained away, but anyway, I've absolutely enjoyed watching you guys sleuth - for two seasons now, this is my third... Keep it up, and I hope to be more involved from now on, if there's anything for me to do, that is!

ETA: sorry!!! I just realized they spliced a flash of the other brunette in a long green dress into that part - I was talking about the "Brad is back" clip.
    Welcome, ef! Hang right on in here. Throw in your two cents worth if nothing else. You never know but what something you say might trigger something off in somebody else who can then supply another piece to the puzzle.

If you haven't picked it up yet, <wink> we have found proof or been provided reliable info that tells us that the producers can and do pull all kinds of shenanigans and often.

Somebody up aways mentioned that she read on another site a theory where the producers had all of the F4 do "the slap scene", and then the producers took the one they wanted.
    Sound far-fetched? I was contacted by someone in the know who told me that the whole (ridiculous) scene with the "bashful, stammering guy" (who turned out to be macho man Dave Goode) as he exited the limo and conversed with Bachelorette Jillian (for the First Impression Rose) was a setup. That scene was shot several times until one or the other or both of them weren't laughing through it.

This is just one story....there are many more behind the scenes' tales of how things aren't always what they seem.

That would make an interesting thread, wouldn't it?

- John McMillan