Page 289 of 295 FirstFirst ... 189239279280281282283284285286287288289290291292293294295 LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 2948

Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis

Chantal got married young, tried to work it out, it failed, she got a divorce for whatever reasons. Divorce is usually the last straw and the marriage crumbles before that.

Emily is not Mother Teresa..she was a teenager who got pregnant out of wedlock. In many families today, that is scandalous behavior, whether it was 'the love of her life' or not. She will never know if they would have lasted either, cause he sadly died.

Funny how Emily being a pregnant, unwed, teenager is never mentioned. Now I find that weird.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;4191867;
    Ed didn't get a bad edit ... the FD was the only "negative" portion of his edit (literally ). The negativity surrounding Ed was in the tabloids, not the show.

Even Vienna's edit had Ali balancing her edit, as Ali was the mean-spirited thorn in Vienna's side, which gave Vienna some sympathy.
    During the Men's Tell All, we saw some clips and a clip in particular of the guys, I believe, at a RC. Ed was drunk and committed a grave social error. All kinds of things began coming out about Ed which I consider part and parcel of the edit.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28;4191876;
    Chantal got married young, tried to work it out, it failed, she got a divorce for whatever reasons. Divorce is usually the last straw and the marriage crumbles before that.

Emily is not Mother Teresa..she was a teenager who got pregnant out of wedlock. In many families today, that is scandalous behavior, whether it was 'the love of her life' or not. She will never know if they would have lasted either, cause he sadly died.

Funny how Emily being a pregnant, unwed, teenager is never mentioned. Now I find that weird.
    because ABC is making 200% sure to edit all the negative about their futur bachelorette?

I find it also fishy that we did not hear about emily and dale relationship. She mentionned "billion" of men being turned off about her past... who are they? Didn't she mentionned that she did not date since Ricky? how so? Do you think dating in certain minds mean serious relationship only?
    Last edited by Shelby101; 02-13-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Never mentioned? I saw Emily telling the girls and also telling Brad that her fiance was killed, and she has a daughter by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4191800;
    Doubt it. There is too much going on here. This is reflecting something else going on/has gone on/will go on in the real world which is what I have also been saying.

Remember Ed and his edit? Remember how that reflected on them as a couple?

Remember Vienna and her edit? Look what happened in real life - all of the media about each one individually and then all of the media surrounding them as a couple
    We shall see..Once the show is over we shall why they edited this way..I do understand what you are saying..I am wondering if they did change her edit in order to for shadow whats happening in the real world or did happen..OH the pieces to the puzzle..Sounds like we still are missing a few...

FORT Fogey

She herself told Brad that she found out she was pregnant a few days after Ricky died. She had identified Ricky as her fiance', so she was an unwed mother. I can't remember if he asked her how old she is, but he asked her how old Ricki is, so it wasn't too hard to put it together that that she was probably a teenager.
    Her story is sad, but it also isn't pretty.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by kjeriss;4191859;
    I so agree with all of this! I don't think her edit is bad at all...on the contrary- I think it is making her more sympathetic to the viewers. Vienna was a tool- and MOST of the girls in the house felt the same way, so it couldn't have been just the edit. So far, Michelle is the only person w/ a beef w/ Chantal...most likely cause she's more threatened by her connection with Brad than she is by what the other girls have with him. The emotion and tears make her easier to relate to than the other girls who seem to be going through the motions.
    I agree. Look.... they probably have nothing else to show us of Chantal besides the chemistry, which is sooo obvious. So they have to create doubt. Many other girls have been jealous and cried but they mostly show Chantal doing this. If I was Chantal who has said she's been guarded in the past... now professing her love for Brad and then she doesn't get a rose on the group date... I'd be pissed. Most likely TPTB wanted Ashley to get the rose because it was her turn for SQT. I'd be pissed if I had to go to the rose ceremony with Michelle. TPTB are good at messing with people's heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4191857;
    First off, you have already heard me say that Emily's F2 edit is suspect as well. She is lovely - no, make that gorgeous, but have we ever seen an edited F2 that was almost plastic, sometimes rigid, and formal with the lead? She smiles graciously and says, "Well, thank you," like Melanie in Gone with the Wind.
    On the other hand, we have a redblooded American male who barely holds her hand and only once in a while kisses her while he macks on everything else but the pillow on the couch.
    What's wrong with this edit?
    How the heck does Miss Gorgeous but little interaction get to F2?
    That doesn't happen in this show either.

Screwball edit.

First, I would never have had Chantal slap Brad. It is antisocial, and it is also unbelievable.

Next, I would cut out the excessive crying. We didn't need to see it over and over to get the idea of the insecurity.

Next, I wouldn't have shown her as the ring leader in the confrontation with Michelle ( like Chelsea was with Marshana). I would have had her trying to ease it more like Shayne was shown doing. Yeah Shayne! She could still have made a remark or two without being the one to call Michelle out the times she did.

Next, I would have toned down the 1-1 date so that there was still a little suspense left.

Now, I would not have "tarted" her up so much. If she comes home in the shirt, then she doesn't make the remarks.
    If she does the SI shoot, they don't leave in the remark about, "Let's do it," about taking off the top. That leaves something to people's imagination.

Just these things alone would have made the F1 edit more believable.
    I see where you're coming from better now so thanks for explaining it.

Starting with Emily- I really think they just don't turn each other on. I know I can't be the only woman on here who has been out with a conventionally attractive guy who has done NOTHING for me. Sometimes people's pheromones or chemistry or what have you just doesn't mix. I'm sure there's a great friendship there but they're stiff IMO not because of edit but because they're just not interested in each other. Emily is smoking hot and Brad is absolutely ripped and sexy, but together, it's like mildew.

He has so much more spark with Shawntel and Ashley than with Emily but it probably made most sense to keep her to F2 over the other two women who were getting invested in him. He said he knew F1 early and since Emily cannot care less about their "romantic" endeavors and TPTB wants her as Bette, it just makes sense to keep her.

Also, I think her physical edit is going to pick up just like Chris' did in Portugal to make us think she's caught up with Chantal.

On to Chantal and the bolded. I think there are a few things going on here.

First, she's a GREAT tool for TPTB, regardless if she's F1 or F2. I already outlined this in the Next Bette thread, but basically, she's easy to manipulate, she's emotional, and she doesn't have a filter. She does what they tell her to do and cries about it later. It makes perfect logic to me that TPTB would use the heck out of her. They mess with her mind, get her to cry on cue, get her to antagonize their hired help, etc. She's good TV no matter what place she gets in the end- F1, F2, or future lead.

Second, if they believed RS that he was going to "ruin" each and every season for them from now on, and they knew leaks were going to get out, it gives it a better context for showing their ridiculous connection. They're saying: sure, he picks her, but look at this: she's very emotional, dramatic, and "tarty." Making Brad look like an idiot lead as usual. The leads have looked like morons at the end almost always, primarily because the "right" one, the fan favorite never wins.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4191879;
    During the Men's Tell All, we saw some clips and a clip in particular of the guys, I believe, at a RC. Ed was drunk and committed a grave social error. All kinds of things began coming out about Ed which I consider part and parcel of the edit.
    I think what is in the tabloids plays with the edit. The timing can't be coincidental. You have both Brad and Chantal with similar tabloid stories. So, to me I don't think the Lead and his choice are getting an overall good edit. Same thing happened with Jake. Both he and Vienna were trashed in the tabloids before the FRC. It all seems so eerily similar.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;4191886;
    Never mentioned? I saw Emily telling the girls and also telling Brad that her fiance was killed, and she has a daughter by him.
    that's not what I mean. She's edited as perfect, pure as driven snow. Won't do alot of kissing with Brad cause she's "not that type".

My point is: Chantal ~ got married, got divorced
    Emily ~ got pregnant when a teenager who was not married.

In my own family, what Emily did is much more 'scandalous' and lower morally than what Chantal did.

ETA: What either girl did does not make them evil, nor does it make them perfect..they are on the same playing field to me.
    Last edited by Gina28; 02-13-2011 at 09:45 PM.