Thread: Edit Analysis

  1. #2871
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4191800;
    Doubt it. There is too much going on here. This is reflecting something else going on/has gone on/will go on in the real world which is what I have also been saying.

    Remember Ed and his edit? Remember how that reflected on them as a couple?

    Remember Vienna and her edit? Look what happened in real life - all of the media about each one individually and then all of the media surrounding them as a couple
    Is her edit really that bad? She's emotional and crying, but I don't see anyone on any blogs or message boards or in real life really thinking she's TEH EVIL from her edit. I don't get it.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  2. #2872
    FORT Newbie KPARISH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    21

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Me either! She's emotional....sure. BUT she thinks she's in love as well! We all know what THAT does to us!

  3. #2873
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4191805;
    Is her edit really that bad? She's emotional and crying, but I don't see anyone on any blogs or message boards or in real life really thinking she's TEH EVIL from her edit. I don't get it.
    I am not saying she is an evil person. [mod edit] I am saying she is not getting a true ( believable) F1 edit. No, it isn't a good edit like Roberto's was or Melissa's edit was. Even Shayne had a much better edit. Shayne was shallow and materialistic, but that was about the extent of her bad edit.

    This is the edit they are giving her. Out of the hundreds and hundreds of feet of tape, this is what they have chosen to show us of this love story.

    Why?

    Beautiful Emily comes across as stiff and not involved with him, but she doesn't win anyway, so noone is going to judge her edit like they will the F1's.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-13-2011 at 10:32 PM.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  4. #2874
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4191819;
    I am not saying she is an evil person. [mod edit] I am saying she is not getting a true ( believable) F1 edit. No, it isn't a good edit like Roberto's was or Melissa's edit was. Even Shayne had a much better edit. Shayne was shallow and materialistic, but that was about the extent of her bad edit.

    This is the edit they are giving her. Out of the hundreds and hundreds of feet of tape, this is what they have chosen to show us of this love story.

    Why?

    Beautiful Emily comes across as stiff and not involved with him, but she doesn't win anyway, so noone is going to judge her edit like they will the F1's.
    I really don't understand what's so wrong here. Retrospect is 20/20, always. During Shayne's season, while there was a lot of support, she was called a lot of terrible names and really disliked by a huge faction too. Molly was called a skank nonstop, and Roberto was slick and suave and a chauvinist. Looking back on it, their edits weren't "that bad" but at the time, when they were up against fan favorites, it was "that bad."

    Chantal and Brad do have a tainted love story because of her crying and fits, but I really don't see why it's such a terrible edit compared to other F1s. Sure, it's a little annoying to watch and gets ridiculous at times, but I don't see her edit like Ed's or Vienna's, more like Molly's.

    I guess the better question would be what do you think would be a more appropriate/better edit for Chantal right now, keeping in mind that her competition is perfect Emily who has never done anything wrong or bad in her entire life (according to edit)?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-13-2011 at 10:33 PM.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  5. #2875
    FORT Fogey mprssdbyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4191805;
    Is her edit really that bad? She's emotional and crying, but I don't see anyone on any blogs or message boards or in real life really thinking she's TEH EVIL from her edit. I don't get it.
    It took me a while to warm up to Chantal. But the last episode, I did warm up to her because the girl does love him and she just can't help those fits she is throwing. On the other hand, Brad DOES NOT like drama. It was so obvious to me in the pool scene... Is this a high or a low.. I can't tell.... almost as in rolling his eyes and at the FRC where she tries to make up for it and he says, NO, no deal. And then we have Laurel who says and she knows... Brad hates that kind of thing so after their great first date, he kind of forgets how great it was. Same thing this coming date.... drama again. He DOES NOT like it. He obviously moves past it as she is part of F2 but how heavy does it play on his mind when he is making his decision? I just dunno.

  6. #2876
    FORT Fogey chaslom4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    2,448

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4191830;
    I really don't understand what's so wrong here. Retrospect is 20/20, always. During Shayne's season, while there was a lot of support, she was called a lot of terrible names and really disliked by a huge faction too. Molly was called a skank nonstop, and Roberto was slick and suave and a chauvinist. Looking back on it, their edits weren't "that bad" but at the time, when they were up against fan favorites, it was "that bad."

    Chantal and Brad do have a tainted love story because of her crying and fits, but I really don't see why it's such a terrible edit compared to other F1s. Sure, it's a little annoying to watch and gets ridiculous at times, but I don't see her edit like Ed's or Vienna's, more like Molly's.

    I guess the better question would be what do you think would be a more appropriate/better edit for Chantal right now, keeping in mind that her competition is perfect Emily who has never done anything wrong or bad in her entire life (according to edit)?
    I have to agree with you Alanna. I seriously don't see Chantal getting that bad of an edit. I also agree with Emily's edit. When Chantal is put up against someone with the kind of edit Emily is getting, it almost magnifies the edit that Chantal is getting. Bottom line, Brad sure doesn't seem to have a problem with the woman she is, so she can't be that bad!
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

  7. #2877
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    475

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4191800;
    Doubt it. There is too much going on here. This is reflecting something else going on/has gone on/will go on in the real world which is what I have also been saying.

    Remember Ed and his edit? Remember how that reflected on them as a couple?

    Remember Vienna and her edit? Look what happened in real life - all of the media about each one individually and then all of the media surrounding them as a couple
    So is Chantal's poor edit to explain away a breakup post-FRC?

    How would that counter Laurel's story which is alluding to a set up for this season?

    I would imagine picking a woman who does not have a believable F1 edit would make most viewers skeptical that the pick was made for love and not to save face. Is it MF's intent to have Brad take the fall and be publicly called out as the contestant who sold out?

  8. #2878
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4191830;
    I really don't understand what's so wrong here. Retrospect is 20/20, always. During Shayne's season, while there was a lot of support, she was called a lot of terrible names and really disliked by a huge faction too. Molly was called a skank nonstop, and Roberto was slick and suave and a chauvinist. Looking back on it, their edits weren't "that bad" but at the time, when they were up against fan favorites, it was "that bad."

    Chantal and Brad do have a tainted love story because of her crying and fits, but I really don't see why it's such a terrible edit compared to other F1s. Sure, it's a little annoying to watch and gets ridiculous at times, but I don't see her edit like Ed's or Vienna's, more like Molly's.

    I guess the better question would be what do you think would be a more appropriate better edit for Chantal right now, keeping in mind that her competition is perfect Emily who has never done anything wrong or bad in her entire life (according to edit)?

    First off, you have already heard me say that Emily's F2 edit is suspect as well. She is lovely - no, make that gorgeous, but have we ever seen an edited F2 that was almost plastic, sometimes rigid, and formal with the lead? She smiles graciously and says, "Well, thank you," like Melanie in Gone with the Wind.
    On the other hand, we have a redblooded American male who barely holds her hand and only once in a while kisses her while he macks on everything else but the pillow on the couch.
    What's wrong with this edit?
    How the heck does Miss Gorgeous but little interaction get to F2?
    That doesn't happen in this show either.

    Screwball edit.

    First, I would never have had Chantal slap Brad. It is antisocial, and it is also unbelievable.

    Next, I would cut out the excessive crying. We didn't need to see it over and over to get the idea of the insecurity.

    Next, I wouldn't have shown her as the ring leader in the confrontation with Michelle ( like Chelsea was with Marshana). I would have had her trying to ease it more like Shayne was shown doing. Yeah Shayne! She could still have made a remark or two without being the one to call Michelle out the times she did.


    Next, I would have toned down the 1-1 date so that there was still a little suspense left.

    Now, I would not have "tarted" her up so much. If she comes home in the shirt, then she doesn't make the remarks.
    If she does the SI shoot, they don't leave in the remark about, "Let's do it," about taking off the top. That leaves something to people's imagination.

    Just these things alone would have made the F1 edit more believable.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  9. #2879
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    133

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;4191840;
    I have to agree with you Alanna. I seriously don't see Chantal getting that bad of an edit. I also agree with Emily's edit. When Chantal is put up against someone with the kind of edit Emily is getting, it almost magnifies the edit that Chantal is getting. Bottom line, Brad sure doesn't seem to have a problem with the woman she is, so she can't be that bad!
    I so agree with all of this! I don't think her edit is bad at all...on the contrary- I think it is making her more sympathetic to the viewers. Vienna was a tool- and MOST of the girls in the house felt the same way, so it couldn't have been just the edit. So far, Michelle is the only person w/ a beef w/ Chantal...most likely cause she's more threatened by her connection with Brad than she is by what the other girls have with him. The emotion and tears make her easier to relate to than the other girls who seem to be going through the motions.

  10. #2880
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4191819;
    I am not saying she is an evil person. [mod edit] I am saying she is not getting a true ( believable) F1 edit. No, it isn't a good edit like Roberto's was or Melissa's edit was. Even Shayne had a much better edit. Shayne was shallow and materialistic, but that was about the extent of her bad edit.

    This is the edit they are giving her. Out of the hundreds and hundreds of feet of tape, this is what they have chosen to show us of this love story.

    Why?

    Beautiful Emily comes across as stiff and not involved with him, but she doesn't win anyway, so noone is going to judge her edit like they will the F1's.
    Ed didn't get a bad edit ... the FD was the only "negative" portion of his edit (literally ). The negativity surrounding Ed was in the tabloids, not the show.

    Even Vienna's edit had Ali balancing her edit, as Ali was the mean-spirited thorn in Vienna's side, which gave Vienna some sympathy.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-13-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.