Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4191011;
    many have speculated that it could be similar to what's been said about Ryan not wanting to go to the FRC... maybe Chantal has to be talked into going as she doesn't want to get rejected?? From what I remember from the seasons previews, it kind of eluded to neither girl showing for the FRC... Emily's edit is saying she's not sure if she's ready to move on, Chantals edit is saying that she's not sure if she's going to take a chance on getting her heart broke.. you know, be the dumper instead of hte dumpee so it hurts less I mentioned a few weeks ago that that's what i thought the conflict with the F2's was going to be and the edit seems to be heading that way... IMO The edit, from my experience raises questions at the beginning of the season... we watch them being somewhat resolved during the season and then raised again at LCD time in order to set the stage for doubt as to who the F1 is.
    I can't get past the vo in the season clips at the end of episode 1, where Brad says "I love this woman with all of my heart, but I'm scared." He goes on to say he's not sure that the woman he has fallen in love with is capable of loving him back. Does that sound like Chantal? NO! Does it sound like Emily? YES! However, tptb would not make it that obvious, unless she dumps him at the end. If that happened, he could still go on these shows and say he fell in love and chose someone. He just couldn't say she said no and dumped him. I don't think that happend though, since they say it has a happy ending, unless Brad really didn't want anybody anywy, then it would be a happy ending for him. But BabyFaceC has said "a year from now, when Brad is still with his F1......" Somebody does show up for the FRC, since sc shows him putting someone in the car and standing and watching the car drive away.

FORT Regular

Quick response to the edit, previews - CH in an interview stated that he does not know why so much attention is given to the previews.

To me, the previews are just a way of getting the audiences attention for the next or upcoming shows.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4191722;
    I can't get past the vo in the season clips at the end of episode 1, where Brad says "I love this woman with all of my heart, but I'm scared." He goes on to say he's not sure that the woman he has fallen in love with is capable of loving him back. Does that sound like Chantal? NO! Does it sound like Emily? YES! However, tptb would not make it that obvious, unless she dumps him at the end. If that happened, he could still go on these shows and say he fell in love and chose someone. He just couldn't say she said no and dumped him. I don't think that happend though, since they say it has a happy ending, unless Brad really didn't want anybody anywy, then it would be a happy ending for him. But BabyFaceC has said "a year from now, when Brad is still with his F1......" Somebody does show up for the FRC, since sc shows him putting someone in the car and standing and watching the car drive away.
    That makes sense. I totally agree.
    I find it odd for Brad to be anxious and concern about his chosen one to not reciprocate his affection (that is if his statement was alluding to Chantel) when she has been assuring him that she had fallen for him.

Maybe this is one statement and they spliced in the rest..He could have said but I'm scared to propose because I have never done that before in my life...or......You don't know unless we see him saying it..we don't know HOW they edited for us to HEAR..

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma;4191735;
    Maybe this is one statement and they spliced in the rest..He could have said but I'm scared to propose because I have never done that before in my life...or......You don't know unless we see him saying it..we don't know HOW they edited for us to HEAR..
    That's what came first into my mind earlier. That is if we saw Brad physical said that statement or was it just VO.

FORT Fogey

The edit is screwball. I have been harping on this edit now for what? at least 3 weeks. Yes, 3 weeks. Chantal gets these fabulous F1 dates and interaction, but she is not getting a true F1 edit. Let's look at it, and see why something is bad wrong here.

Why this does not look like a true F1 edit:

1. The character walks up and slaps the lead, an action considered by many in society as bordering on violent.

2. She says that Brad will not like some of the girls' crying, and then we see her cry excessively throughout the episodes. She tells him she is "tough", but we see her needing to be reassured often.
    She makes the remark (paraphrased, "You can't even pick me when it is one out of 3."

3. She is calculating and knows exactly the right thing to say to the lead. She controls the subject to where she wants it. She is manipulative. She then spins it where it reflects well on her.

4. She is shown in conflict with the main house instigator.

5. She is shown coming home in just his shirt after her date, and she makes suggestive remarks "going deep with Brad" and "wrapping my legs around Brad"

6. Whether it is shown, we have seen the preview where she is shown to say with no hesitation , "Let's do it," when the suggestion is made to take her swimsuit top off at the SI shoot.

There is usually some doubt, and there is usually some scuffing up. But this character has been beaten up as badly or worse than Vienna, and the redeeming which should have already started has not. In fact, we are going to see even more trouble when we get the "Why are you going to pick me (1 out of 3 while she cries).

Chantal may be F1, but there is something WRONG with this whole Bachelor process based on what I see with the editing. It is screwball.

ETA: The editors have NEVER given the F1 a perfect 1-1 and really given it away that early. Also, the F1 also has never said, "I love you," like that either.
    Screwball!
    Last edited by Bloomers; 02-13-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4191768;
    The edit is screwball. I have been harping on this edit now for what? at least 3 weeks. Yes, 3 weeks. Chantal gets these fabulous F1 dates and interaction, but she is not getting a true F1 edit. Let's look at it, and see why something is bad wrong here.

Why this does not look like a true F1 edit:

1. The character walks up and slaps the lead, an action considered by many in society as bordering on violent.

2. She says that Brad will not like some of the girls' crying, and then we see her cry excessively throughout the episodes. She tells him she is "tough", but we see her needing to be reassured often.
    She makes the remark (paraphrased, "You can't even pick me when it is one out of 3."

3. She is calculating and knows exactly the right thing to say to the lead. She controls the subject to where she wants it. She is manipulative. She then spins it where it reflects well on her.

4. She is shown in conflict with the main house instigator.

5. She is shown coming home in just his shirt after her date, and she makes suggestive remarks "going deep with Brad" and "wrapping my legs around Brad"

6. Whether it is shown, we have seen the preview where she is shown to say with no hesitation , "Let's do it," when the suggestion is made to take her swimsuit top off at the SI shoot.

There is usually some doubt, and there is usually some scuffing up. But this character has been beaten up as badly or worse than Vienna, and the redeeming which should have already started has not. In fact, we are going to see even more trouble when we get the "Why are you going to pick me (1 out of 3 while she cries).

Chantal may be F1, but there is something WRONG with this whole Bachelor process based on what I see with the editing. It is screwball.
    Bloomers you have said it perfectly as usual..I agree..Its not a normal F1 edit..BUT neither was Vienna's..Maybe they are showing a NEW edit pattern to show us that she isn't perfect BUT real?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma;4191780;
    Bloomers you have said it perfectly as usual..I agree..Its not a normal F1 edit..BUT neither was Vienna's..Maybe they are showing a NEW edit pattern to show us that she isn't perfect BUT real?
    Doubt it. There is too much going on here. This is reflecting something else going on/has gone on/will go on in the real world which is what I have also been saying.

Remember Ed and his edit? Remember how that reflected on them as a couple?

Remember Vienna and her edit? Look what happened in real life - all of the media about each one individually and then all of the media surrounding them as a couple
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion

Well they know the spoilers are out there everywhere that Chantal is F1. Maybe they are just editing her the way they are to create doubt in the spoilers.

FORT Fogey

Before Roberto, when was the last time the F1 edit was kind & good? Not Ed, Not Vienna, not Jesse C., so I don't find Chantal's edit all that weird. Brad's season, TPTB are in it for drama and if the other girls (except Michelle faked drama) don't bring it and seem rather dull, they will go for the FI negative edit in this case to cause the controversary and 'drama' again and try and overshadow the F1 connection..jmo I don't see her edit as being that bad, just emotional, not evil in any way.