Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

I'm the uber skeptic with this show and shows like it. I refuse to believe that Brad is doing anything but essentially what MF wants him to do to make for good TV this season and set up next season nicely as well. Some of the tacky discussions they have as well I refuse to believe are anything but scripted.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4191662;
    I'm the uber skeptic with this show and shows like it. I refuse to believe that Brad is doing anything but essentially what MF wants him to do to make for good TV this season and set up next season nicely as well. Some of the tacky discussions they have as well I refuse to believe are anything but scripted.
    I believe the PI almost seem scripted. As in they are asking them 1000 questions only to get the response they want and when it connects, we get that PI! With Brad as in he's the lead, I'm not sure scripted fits.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by junkfilter777;4191645;
    If Brad kept Emily around knowing he was smitten Chantal, it is possible the producers forced him to because they desperately wanted to pose Emily as the next Bette. This is all assuming Emily is not chosen as F1.

Strangely enough, Brad admitted in an interview that his F3 was the hardest to let go.
    That sounds strange to me. If he had total control over his picks, one would think his F2 would be the hardest to let go. So perhaps he needed to keep Emily because if he eliminated her at week 3, ABC knows they wouldn't be able to build up their golden girl much more.

Just a thought. It might not have been in his control.
    I know that has been said by a couple of leads before, but do we know in which interview Brad stated this? I don't remember him saying it, and I would like to verify it, please.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu;4191654;
    I don't think Brad lets any of them go at any time based on what others want. I just don't.
    I agree that he wouldn't send a girl home he was not ready to send home. However, I DO believe it is plausible that he has to keep certain women around. So being forced to send someone home is not necessarily the same as being forced to keep someone around. For instance, a heavily suspected actress plant like Michelle who some suspect he had to keep around for drama.

First, he eliminates Ashley S or Ashley H. Odd time to choose not one but TWO of the people to go on an elimination date especially when he seems to like them both a great deal, but I see it as narrowing the field as in what's real and what's not for him. Next we have Chantal having a second 1 on 1 first. Again, he's narrowing the field on what is real and what is not for him as he was having doubts after the Chantal breakdown at the Nascar date. I just don't see a pattern of him letting people go when TPTB think he should.
    From just about every former bach/ette, they all admitted they had virtually zero say in who went on what dates. They might be able to put in a request but in the end, it was the producers who made the shots. I remember when he made the comment about selecting Ashley for the Seal date, Ali (or Jillian?) made a comment asking if things had changed because she was never allowed to choose who went on what date.

One would THINK what you said would make the most sense but I think it contradicts what former cast members have said from the show.

First, he eliminates Ashley S or Ashley H. Odd time to choose not one but TWO of the people to go on an elimination date especially when he seems to like them both a great deal
    CH in an interview stated that TPTB thought it would make for good TV to place both Ashley's on a 2:1 date because they were such close friends. He also said that it forced Brad to pick the one he could see a future with.

Brad has a lot of say in the direction his season goes, but he doesn't have total control in who ends up on which date.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;4191688;
    CH in an interview stated that TPTB thought it would make for good TV to place both Ashley's on a 2:1 date because they were such close friends. He also said that it forced Brad to pick the one he could see a future with.

Brad has a lot of say in the direction his season goes, but he doesn't have total control in who ends up on which date.
    he also told Emily at Nascar he picked the date so yes he does seem to have more say this time..
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by junkfilter777;4191671;
    I agree that he wouldn't send a girl home he was not ready to send home. However, I DO believe it is plausible that he has to keep certain women around. So being forced to send someone home is not necessarily the same as being forced to keep someone around. For instance, a heavily suspected actress plant like Michelle who some suspect he had to keep around for drama.

From just about every former bach/ette, they all admitted they had virtually zero say in who went on what dates. They might be able to put in a request but in the end, it was the producers who made the shots. I remember when he made the comment about selecting Ashley for the Seal date, Ali (or Jillian?) made a comment asking if things had changed because she was never allowed to choose who went on what date.

One would THINK what you said would make the most sense but I think it contradicts what former cast members have said from the show.
    The Ashley S date was clearly preset. They placed her on the date with the singer and song that was special in relation to her father. That was not just chance. Not like they could get Seal at the last moment.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;4191693;
    he also told Emily at Nascar he picked the date so yes he does seem to have more say this time..
    He SAID that, but did you see his reaction when he connected the dots? It was the same way when he understood about the plane ride that he was "supposedly" so proud of setting up. Of course, he didn't set it up. The joke was on him. He is the one who got set up by acting like he was extending such an honor to her to get to fly in a small plane when her fiance' had been killed in one.

Let's face it. Brad like all of the leads is a tool of the Bachelor producers.

Brad would not have deliberately put Emily on that Nascar date if he could have helped it. I don't know the man very well, but I think I can tell that much from his reactions.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 02-13-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by carefree2;4191702;
    The Ashley S date was clearly preset. They placed her on the date with the singer and song that was special in relation to her father. That was not just chance. Not like they could get Seal at the last moment.
    Exactly. All the dates seem to be carefully preselected to create a touchy situation for the woman.

Heights, water, deceased loved ones, etc. I just don't see Brad selecting things on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4191712;
    He SAID that, but did you see his reaction when he connected the dots? It was the same way when he understood about the plane ride that he was "supposedly" so proud of setting up. Of course, he didn't set it up. The joke was on him. He is the one who got set up by acting like he extending such an honor to her to get to fly in a small plane when her finace' had been killed in one.

Let's face it. Brad like all of the leads is a tool of the Bachelor producers.

Brad would not have deliberately put Emily on that Nascar date if he could have helped it. I don't know the man very well, but I think I can tell that much from his reactions.
    I totally agree with that absolutley.. His face said it all.. I was just breifly commenting EM said herself at that Point Brad knew nothings..
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol