Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by IDLEMESS;4191438;
    I agree to some points based on what is shown with Chantel and the spoilers prediction. However, it still begs the question of WHY take Emily all the way to F2 (if she is) when she could be let go and be with her child if there was no connection. Granted, some are saying why not, that a F2 is needed. Then why not take Shawntel, Ash H or S or even (gasp!!!) Michelle. I don't think that Emily needs to be F2 to be the next Bachelorette. Look at Ali, both have a huge fan base. I'm not saying that Miss Em is any better than the women, but she has a child and if Brad was not feeling it let it go.
    Regarding the bolded. Emily CHOSE to be separated from her daughter to be on this TV show where the premise is to stick around as long as you can in hopes that you achieve whatever purpose you had when you decided to do the show. She even said, to Brad, that her daughter was fine because she bought her a present for each day she would be gone and stated that her daughter said she liked the presents and didn't mind her mother being gone. Either Emily was telling the truth that it was ok or she was lying. Which brings me back to WHY is it Brad's place to say when Emily should go back to her child if Emily doesn't seem to care? I don't see anywhere in the edit where it shows her being so concerned about how long she is gone that it would warrant Brad being concerned about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logomaniac;4191416;
    My take on the edit is this. If I was an unspoiled viewer but one that watched many many seasons (which I am) I would think that Emily was getting the F1 hidden edit. Hands down. And that Chantal was getting the chemistry f2 edit based on all my previous knowledge of past shows. However this season has been spoiled and more and more people are spoiled because of social media and the tabloids. My theory is that TPTB decided not to try and mess with the spoilers but to just mess with the edit enough for most people to question the final outcome. That is their bottom line. I know it's working on me and I believe the spoilers.
    The f1 isn't always hidden, sometimes they just throw in doubts. With Ian it was will he propose?, is he stable? (they even called him a vagabond in commercials, lol) With Roberto it was is he too good to be true?, is it just chemistry? I think Chantal is getting both of those in a way. We see the chemistry, it's undeniable to me, but we also see her crying so think maybe she's pushing him away. The edit seems to insinuate she's causing drama which Brad has said he doesn't want. It must be working because a lot of people comment on it.

My guess is that they'll show more with Emily in Anguilla that will get away from her tragedy because now that we've seen 2 dates with Chantal it's time to highlight his connection with the others. I believe if Emily actually was the f1 we'd have seen chemistry between them early on and then try to hide it instead of just ignoring it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;4191626;
    Regarding the bolded. Emily CHOSE to be separated from her daughter to be on this TV show where the premise is to stick around as long as you can in hopes that you achieve whatever purpose you had when you decided to do the show. She even said, to Brad, that her daughter was fine because she bought her a present for each day she would be gone and stated that her daughter said she liked the presents and didn't mind her mother being gone. Either Emily was telling the truth that it was ok or she was lying. Which brings me back to WHY is it Brad's place to say when Emily should go back to her child if Emily doesn't seem to care? I don't see anywhere in the edit where it shows her being so concerned about how long she is gone that it would warrant Brad being concerned about it.
    Maybe because it's very difficult for some moms to imagine being away from their 5 yr old for 2 months, especially since she doesn't have a father?

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof1;4191605;
    Agreed. I also think it's a very odd edit of Emily if she is to be the next B'ette. I've never seen a F2 hidden more than Emily is. That's why I still think she is F1.
    Last season Chris L was hidden until about the fourth episode when he and Ali went on their 1-1 date in New York.

He was however not hidden to people who follow spoilers because we knew he was in the F2.

Chris was offered a lot of money if he became the next Bachelor, but he turned it down.

I don't think having a hidden edit has anything to do with who TPTB offer the role to. If there is a fan base willing to watch Emily find love which seems to be the case that will factor into TPTB decision in who they pick.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Regular

If Brad kept Emily around knowing he was smitten Chantal, it is possible the producers forced him to because they desperately wanted to pose Emily as the next Bette. This is all assuming Emily is not chosen as F1.

Strangely enough, Brad admitted in an interview that his F3 was the hardest to let go. That sounds strange to me. If he had total control over his picks, one would think his F2 would be the hardest to let go. So perhaps he needed to keep Emily because if he eliminated her at week 3, ABC knows they wouldn't be able to build up their golden girl much more.

Just a thought. It might not have been in his control.

Quote Originally Posted by junkfilter777;4191645;
    If Brad kept Emily around knowing he was smitten Chantal, it is possible the producers forced him to because they desperately wanted to pose Emily as the next Bette. This is all assuming Emily is not chosen as F1.

Strangely enough, Brad admitted in an interview that his F3 was the hardest to let go. That sounds strange to me. If he had total control over his picks, one would think his F2 would be the hardest to let go. So perhaps he needed to keep Emily because if he eliminated her at week 3, ABC knows they wouldn't be able to build up their golden girl much more.

It's very common for the F3 to be the hardest
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4191639;
    Maybe because it's very difficult for some moms to imagine being away from their 5 yr old for 2 months, especially since she doesn't have a father?
    I would imagine Emily would have thought of that. I don't see her as not having her child's wefare at heart. And if Brad is suppose to think of the children first then he should have given Michelle the same consideration as well and let her go long before too.

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;4191649;
    I would imagine Emily would have thought of that. I don't see her as not having her child's wefare at heart. And if Brad is suppose to think of the children first then he should have given Michelle the same consideration as well and let her go long before too.
    May not have been his choice to do so
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn;4191611;
    I think it's probably because of the crying/hugging/blonde pic, and they want people to think Emily leaves early.
    Yeah, it seems they have pushed that tease all season long that she was going to leave.

I also wanted to bring up the topic of Emily's next promo.

I am convinced the promo is very misleading to the point it is actually deceptive.

Listen to it carefully and watch it closely. The clip makes it sound like Emily says, 'I would rather not bring you home to Charlotte...'

It becomes very obvious 'I would rather not' and 'bring you home [to Charlotte]' are two very different sentences that have been spliced together.

Also, the camera is on Brad with a disappointed look on his face when she says 'I would rather not' but the camera is on her when she says 'bring you home to Charlotte.' They couldn't have the camera on her the whole time because she never says the entire sentence. It's a spliced quote.

One thing I have noticed in that every single promo since the premier, the previews have made it look like Emily is going home but every single episode shows that it was just the edit that was misleading.

Clue: When Madison walked off, did the previews ever specify she was leaving? No. They just showed 'someone' leaving. So if Emily as really leaving, do we think the previews would actually show that in an obvious way? I don't think so. They would only present it that 'somebody' is leaving.

I think Emily is safe and sound for now regardless of how much the producers try to make it look like she is on thin ice every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by junkfilter777;4191645;

I don't think Brad lets any of them go at any time based on what others want. I just don't. First, he eliminates Ashley S or Ashley H. Odd time to choose not one but TWO of the people to go on an elimination date especially when he seems to like them both a great deal, but I see it as narrowing the field as in what's real and what's not for him. Next we have Chantal having a second 1 on 1 first. Again, he's narrowing the field on what is real and what is not for him as he was having doubts after the Chantal breakdown at the Nascar date. I just don't see a pattern of him letting people go when TPTB think he should.