Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fan

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28;4175841;
    I agree and it's easy and great to tell yourself it's all part of the show, etc. etc., UNTIL you fall for the lead..then it becomes more personal and I totally relate to her getting upset and being insecure. Because she and Brad have a special connection, and she knows it ~ but everytime he's making out with one of the others, her fears surface and she starts to get worried..totally normal. Plus the edits suck.
    Add to that the fact that I'm sure there were a ton of "normal" conversations that didn't involve crying to talking about the other girls or anything like that they didn't show. They are picking a few minutes out of a hundreds of hours to show; not to mention you add all TPTB induced drama (manipulation; alcohol) and you could end up being someone you're not in your everyday life. I think this is her "doubt" that they have to add to the edit. If not, I think it would be hard to hide who is F1 is.

This, of course, can be said about all the girls, not just her, but she seems to be getting a lot of flack for being "whiny and emotional."

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;4175821;
    This brings up an interesting question.

Why was this quote added to the extended preview last night as the last voiceover heard?

Brad certainly has no question about his chemistry with Chantal. But it certainly doesn't sound like he's talking about her there as the F1 either.
    I think that quote in red is VERY TELLING. I just can't figure it out yet!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AquaGirl99;4175844;
    Add to that the fact that I'm sure there were a ton of "normal" conversations that didn't involve crying to talking about the other girls or anything like that they didn't show. They are picking a few minutes out of a hundreds of hours to show; not to mention you add all TPTB induced drama (manipulation; alcohol) and you could end up being someone you're not in your everyday life. I think this is her "doubt" that they have to add to the edit. If not, I think it would be hard to hide who is F1 is.

This, of course, can be said about all the girls, not just her, but she seems to be getting a lot of flack for being "whiny and emotional."

Exactly and that's what I meant by "the edits suck". You explained it perfectly. I'm sure her edit is also contributing to her not being happy watching the show now and not just the parts with Brad and the other girls, but the edit they have saddled her with..insecure and whiney, which she is not in real life. Just like Emily is not all sad all the time in real life, either.
    Last edited by Gina28; 02-02-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;4175821;
    This brings up an interesting question.

Why was this quote added to the extended preview last night as the last voiceover heard?

Brad certainly has no question about his chemistry with Chantal. But it certainly doesn't sound like he's talking about her there as the F1 either.
    I think maybe this was a voiceover for the beginning of the season, and they stuck it in the end previews. He's saying like his last season, if he doesn't find that natural chemistry with someone, then he'll literally end up with nothing like last time. Just my take on it. Otherwise, I don't know what else it could mean.

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu;4175845;
    I think that quote in red is VERY TELLING. I just can't figure it out yet!
    HAHA. I'm with you.

Although, perhaps, it's something he said that had nothing to do with anything. Like talking about leaving with nothing if he can't find someone or if it doesn't click for him and any of the women? One thing we know for sure is that by CR, he said in his video that he's finding what he came here for. So obviously at that point he already (or still, depending how pessimistic one is) knew he was okay and was going to get what we came here to find.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4175849;
    HAHA. I'm with you.

Although, perhaps, it's something he said that had nothing to do with anything. Like talking about leaving with nothing if he can't find someone or if it doesn't click for him and any of the women? One thing we know for sure is that by CR, he said in his video that he's finding what he came here for. So obviously at that point he already (or still, depending how pessimistic one is) knew he was okay and was going to get what we came here to find.
    I'll say it again, Brad felt in those interviews he feels like he found what he was looking for. No doubt about it. He's just not going to lie. It's not in him.

FORT Fan

I can't remember if this has been discussed but I specifically recall in one of the rose ceremony's (the one last week maybe) that he said he wanted to propose to one of them at the end of this.

That's a VERY BOLD statement to make at that early stage, especially for someone who couldn't even be pressured to pick a pretrend F1 last time to even date. I wonder if that is around the time he was realizing who the F1 might be (after his first 1:1 date with Chantal). He seemed very confident in that statement and he doesn't seem like the person to say something if he didn't mean it. That's one of the many things I like about him as the Bachelor. He doesn't (for the most part) just follow the company lines. I don't think he would have said that if he didn't mean it.
    Last edited by AquaGirl99; 02-02-2011 at 02:36 AM. Reason: forgot a word....oops.

I'm not a huge student of the edit, but I have noticed some things, and since last season's editors and style are probably still the same ones doing this season, I thought I'd just put my thoughts out there. It pains me to say but Emily and Brad are developing at a slower rate than even Ali and Chris. Chris had his date 4th I believe, and it wasn't until the HTD where they really started to show their physical attraction and become comfortable with one another in that way. By that time maybe it Ali was too far along with Roberto and Frank. Who knows? I just see a similar thing happening with Emily and Brad, but what makes it worse is the fact that Emily was one of the early dates. Which I would have thought would make them a little more comfortable around each other. Additionally, after CL's 1:1 he was a complete goner and totally into Ali, but I don't think Emily's first date left that kind of feeling. It's all so weird because on the one hand Chantal and Brad's connection is "obvious", yet so much of the focus is on Emily. In this way it reminds me of CL's edit as well because of his backstory, and his PIs, and the last few dates which were great, we thought he had a chance. I remember many Aliberto people saying how obvious their connection was and that a lot of footage was left on the floor, which was probably the case. I think Brantal is a little more obvious, but then again, maybe that's due to the supposed spoilers.

As far as the VOs, I just don't trust them flat out. I'll believe it when I see it at the end. I will remain skeptical of everything
    Last edited by Luvvy; 02-02-2011 at 08:20 AM.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;4175961;
    I'm not a huge student of the edit, but I have noticed some things, and since last season's editors and style are probably still the same ones doing this season, I thought I'd just put my thoughts out there. It pains me to say but Emily and Brad are developing at a slower rate than even Ali and Chris. Chris had his date 4th I believe, and it wasn't until the HTD where they really started to show their physical attraction and become comfortable with one another in that way. By that time maybe it Ali was too far along with Roberto and Frank. Who knows? I just see a similar thing happening with Emily and Brad, but what makes it worse is the fact that Emily was one of the early dates. Which I would have thought would make them a little more comfortable around each other. Additionally, after CL's 1:1 he was a complete goner and totally into Ali, but I don't think Emily's first date left that kind of feeling. It's all so weird because on the one hand Chantal and Brad's connection is "obvious", yet so much of the focus is on Emily. In this way it reminds me of CL's edit as well because of his backstory, and his PIs, and the last few dates which were great, we thought he had a chance. I remember many Aliberto people saying how obvious their connection was and that a lot of footage was left on the floor, which was probably the case.

As far as the VOs, I just don't trust them flat out. I'll believe it when I see it at the end.
    I agree with you. I think Brad realy like Emily but her holding back lets Changel move forward. Not that I am saying I wish the F1 is on one or the other. Rings and conversations about Ricky are telling me in a loud voice that this girl is not quite ready yet.

Also as far as the edits. CH said that they adjust them week to week depending upon the viewers reactions. WIth that being said they defenitly are messing with our minds, not that we did not know it to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;4175962;
    I agree with you. I think Brad realy like Emily but her holding back lets Changel move forward. Not that I am saying I wish the F1 is on one or the other. Rings and conversations about Ricky are telling me in a loud voice that this girl is not quite ready yet.

Also as far as the edits. CH said that they adjust them week to week depending upon the viewers reactions. WIth that being said they defenitly are messing with our minds, not that we did not know it to begin with.
    I agree. From what they're showing she's not quite ready, yet. Epi 5 and she is still confronting major issues about her past. Nothing wrong with that, but it just makes it even harder to believe there's a proposal at the end and that she accepts! IDK, maybe they're trying to make it seem like Brad could end up alone again. The edit is definitely tricky.

I didn't know they changed the edit based on reaction. That is interesting to say the least. I thought once it was done then it was pretty much done. I think adding ages is easy, technical, even taking out the therapist but as far as the storylines, I don't think they'd bother to edit that. Jmo.
    Team Channy and Shawny.