Page 11 of 295 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;4138295;
    How do we explain Brad's comments that he can't be sure the person he wants to choose will be able to love him back? That doesn't appear to apply to Chantal if she is crying - worrying about Brad kissing others, and telling Brad if he hasn't fallen for her, then let her go. Chantal seems to have clearly fallen for Brad. It does on the surface seem to apply to Emily who apparently is going to be scared or unsure or something along those lines. Would you propose to the one you were sure of their feelings for you but maybe you weren't in love with --- instead of the one you had fallen for but you were unsure of whether they could love you back? Maybe it is an out for Emily - she is so unsure - and he gets mad at her - trying to get it out of her what is holding her up (kind of like what he went through with Deanna and Jennie). Then Emily has her second try at love on her own show. But where does that leave Chantal - hopefully we will see that he has fallen for Chantal all along and his interractions with Emily are total frustrations. We were shown so little of Chantal last night - and as I said he seemed very guarded with her imo.

This may not mean anything at all, but it sure jumped out at me and made me think of Chantal. During the backstage interview that Brad did yesterday, they ask him about if his chosen would be watching the show. He made a comment to the effect of that he knew she didn't like seeing him kissing the other women.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;4138295;
    How do we explain Brad's comments that he can't be sure the person he wants to choose will be able to love him back? That doesn't appear to apply to Chantal if she is crying - worrying about Brad kissing others, and telling Brad if he hasn't fallen for her, then let her go. Chantal seems to have clearly fallen for Brad. It does on the surface seem to apply to Emily who apparently is going to be scared or unsure or something along those lines. Would you propose to the one you were sure of their feelings for you but maybe you weren't in love with --- instead of the one you had fallen for but you were unsure of whether they could love you back? Maybe it is an out for Emily - she is so unsure - and he gets mad at her - trying to get it out of her what is holding her up (kind of like what he went through with Deanna and Jennie). Then Emily has her second try at love on her own show. But where does that leave Chantal - hopefully we will see that he has fallen for Chantal all along and his interractions with Emily are total frustrations. We were shown so little of Chantal last night - and as I said he seemed very guarded with her imo.
    Maybe it will be something along the lines of Chantal knowing and being sure of them all along while Emily isn't sure and isn't ready? Then we have both stories setup. A story for Brad choosing the one who is "right" for him because she's always sure of what they have and the next Bette who let fear get in the way and now she's ready for twu wuv as only The Fleissmeister can guarantee.

And Bevorules, I'm really digging your interpretation of our first ever Golidlocks Bachelor. Emily is too sweet, Ashley too spicy, but Chantal juuuuust right

If Chantal isn't the F1, I think she'd make a GREAT Bette, much better than sweet Emily. She'd have those boys standing at attention for 11 weeks or slap them back in line
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I like the Goldilocks interpretation too - great !

Question about the hidden edit for F1.

In the previews - we see Chantal crying - we see the lovey dovey picture on a beach, the hugging in the white shirt, and the hugging safari pictures.
    In additioin we have been told (with no denial of course from Fleiss) that Chantal is the F1.
    For Emily - we see the kite flying - (distance between them and activity), the car riding - her expression doesn't look like she's thrilled in the car with her hair blowing, the swimming together - again not hugging - not much contact, then the beach pics - also a little distant - isn't he looking off the other way, and then the talks about how she feels she sabotages relationships, and he is getting upset with her. These are all just moments in time ... It seems to me that they are trying to cover up that there is anything going on with Emily - and if there are feelings - there are some problems with those feelings. Maybe that is the story - Emily is going along for the ride - did not fall for Brad (thus no close intimate pictures) and is now getting ready for the Bachelorette role.

I admit 24 is young for 38 - that concerns me. But it seems that Chantal is being pushed up front and out there more so than Emily. Also does he prefer the feisty type like Deanna and now Chantal at least from the first episode? We were reminded of Deanna's personality - and here comes Chantal who is gutsy/outspoken just like Deanna. Who is going to be the surprise F1 from the edit ??

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;4138324;

In the previews - we see Chantal crying - we see the lovey dovey picture on a beach, the hugging in the white shirt, and the hugging safari pictures.
    In additioin we have been told (with no denial of course from Fleiss) that Chantal is the F1.
    For Emily - we see the kite flying - (distance between them and activity), the car riding - her expression doesn't look like she's thrilled in the car with her hair blowing, the swimming together - again not hugging - not much contact, then the beach pics - also a little distant - isn't he looking off the other way, and then the talks about how she feels she sabotages relationships, and he is getting upset with her. These are all just moments in time ... It seems to me that they are trying to cover up that there is anything going on with Emily - and if there are feelings - there are some problems with those feelings. Maybe that is the story - Emily is going along for the ride - did not fall for Brad (thus no close intimate pictures) and is now getting ready for the Bachelorette role.

I admit 24 is young for 38 - that concerns me. But it seems that Chantal is being pushed up front and out there more so than Emily. Also does he prefer the feisty type like Deanna and now Chantal at least from the first episode? We were reminded of Deanna's personality - and here comes Chantal who is gutsy/outspoken just like Deanna. Who is going to be the surprise F1 from the edit ??
    From the way you describe it, sounds like Chantal is getting the chemistry edit. This doesn't mean a whole lot being that the chemistry edit has at times gone to the F1 ala Vienna and Roberto. Roberto was edited to look only as chemistry with no substance when in fact there was substance, TPTB just chose to hide it from us. I agree that the Chantal thing being shoved down our throats is a bit much so soon, but have to ask that if we weren't spoiled would she be so obvious to us?
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cookie5;4132140;
    I think Ali cried because she was so sure of Franks' feelings for her and she was Wrong. Ali said, that she thought Frank was "head over heels in love" with her. How could she be so wrong, she did not see this coming, it totally surprised her, with all the red flags, none were that he did not love her. If she could be so wrong about this, maybe she was wrong about taking chance with Roberto. Ali was angry, hurt and pissed. Frank was never going to be her F1. Ali cared about Frank, loved being with him but as Craig R said, she was not sold on him being the one.
    Thanks for this. I really never did figure this out. You make total sense. Of course, she was crying, afraid that she had judged Roberto incorrectly too. Her tears were about her insecurities not losing Frank. Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4138496;
    Thanks for this. I really never did figure this out. You make total sense. Of course, she was crying, afraid that she had judged Roberto incorrectly too. Her tears were about her insecurities not losing Frank. Bingo.
    That reminds me... Roberto was claiming up and down that he loved her, wanted to propose, etc... and Ali was still claiming that she was taking a huge risk in letting Chris go early because she wasn't sure Roberto would propose - when we could all see it coming a mile away. Who's to say Brad doesn't react the same way about Chantal even though we think she's made it pretty darn obvious how she feels....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579;4138507;
    That reminds me... Roberto was claiming up and down that he loved her, wanted to propose, etc... and Ali was still claiming that she was taking a huge risk in letting Chris go early because she wasn't sure Roberto would propose - when we could all see it coming a mile away. Who's to say Brad doesn't react the same way about Chantal even though we think she's made it pretty darn obvious how she feels....
    I agree. They are in a very vulnerable position, all of them. And lets not forget she slapped him. They got off to a rocky start. Everyone is also aware of how emotions can be heighted during taping and disappear in real life. Who has really fallen for you and who is a victim of the situation? Lots to throw you off balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;4138324;

We're on the same page. I see the same thing. The theme seems to be that Brad is worried about the one returning the love and that is definitely indicating Emily not Chantal. There's a quick shot on the beach and to me it reads Brad is in love. The scenes with Chantal doesn't give me that vibe. Listen to Brad talk about his chosen he has much respect for her, that I don't think he would call her a chick. When Brad gets nervous he let things slip (JK). babyface has already indicated not to get caught up in the edit, and the previews are trying to suggest a problem between Brad and Emily. Right now I'm saying Emily F1, until something else tells me differently.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4138642;
    We're on the same page. I see the same thing. The theme seems to be that Brad is worried about the one returning the love and that is definitely indicating Emily not Chantal. There's a quick shot on the beach and to me it reads Brad is in love. The scenes with Chantal doesn't give me that vibe. Listen to Brad talk about his chosen he has much respect for her, that I don't think he would call her a chick. When Brad gets nervous he let things slip (JK). babyface has already indicated not to get caught up in the edit, and the previews are trying to suggest a problem between Brad and Emily. Right now I'm saying Emily F1, until something else tells me differently.
    When did he call Chantal a chick? And what did he let slip on JK?

Have I not been sufficiently obsessed with this show and let these things slip by me? Unacceptable!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4138642;
    I think at this point - along with having Lithargic's post that things might change radically - we have to hold off from assuming it is Chantal. It may well be Chantal but maybe not. Chantal and her family are choosing to benefit from her appearance on the show - but even if she is not F1, she might not necessarily be devastated. The one we are not hearing from so far is .... Emily.