Page 101 of 295 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2948

Thread: Edit Analysis

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis

This was in the Spoilers section, and I thought it might get deleted, so I moved it over here:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Just LQQking
    How about when she asked him if he was "man enough" to pick what he wanted at the end

`````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````` `

I have been fairly quiet ( just one comment earlier on about the crying showing insecurity from her abandonment and divorce issues), but that remark, folks, was manipulative...she worked him, and I mean no doubt about it! He fell right into the trap she wanted him to. "You're *** straight I'm man enough to do..." whatever it was she suggested. She appealed to his manhood to do what she wanted him to do. My mouth flew open, and then I laughed. I also wondered what he thought when he saw that played back when he was watching the episode himself.

This little cookie is a bit of a manipulator.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4166377;
    JBF, hilarious about Jake! I adore Brad for his self-conscious and self-deprecating demeanor. This very thing that you point out--the everybody else is perfect--will be, I think, the deciding factor for Brad in choosing his F1.

Per edit, Emily is perfect:

Epi 1, at the M & G he was afraid to hug her because she looked perfect.

Epi 3, he easily said two or three times that their date was perfect.

At the end of the season, she's talking to him about nobody being as perfect as they seem.

Emily's (edited) perfection reflects back to him his own insecurities. Twice in four episodes, we'll see him figuratively kick himself for their dates: he put her on a plane and now he took her to a NASCAR racetrack (Oh7, I agree that TPTB are inching closer to the deepest level of HE11 regarding their treatment of other people). We see his look of concern and hear him say "Oh no!" on the plane; we see his look of anger and hear him say "I feel like a jerk!" at the race track. Their relationship is not perfect, by the edit.

In contrast, he tells Chantal as they walk up to their dinner 1:1 at Catalina, "it's almost perfect." It might not be perfect, but it is "real."

In episode 3, he tells Chantal that her tears and puffy-face are "real life to me."

In episode 4, we hear both he and Chantal say that they have something real, that their relationship could fit in real life.

At this point, unless something drastic happens next week between Emily and Brad that shows something real--not perfect--between them, I'm pretty sure it's Chantal. In the end, because everyone else has been perfect in Brad's eyes, and because that makes Brad insecure, and because Brad wants to be himself--his imperfect self--, I think he'll choose the girl with whom he can just be real.

--------
    ETA:
    anders, I do find it interesting that the show only hinted at their overnight but did not show Chantal returning home the next morning, the girls' reaction to that, or any commentary from the girls about Brad and Chantal, unlike Molly and Jason's date...
    Great analysis. Regarding your ETA: I think the reason they didn't show Chantal spending the night with Brad in Catalina was because they wanted to show her melt down (supposedly over Emily's picnic) at the RC. If the audience knew she and Brad spent the night together after that fabulous connection they had made, why would she have a meltdown about Emily? Their storylines conflicted and they eliminated Chantal's overnight in order to promote Emily's picnic. Gotta build doubt in the F1 edit.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4166678;
    Great analysis. Regarding your ETA: I think the reason they didn't show Chantal spending the night with Brad in Catalina was because they wanted to show her melt down (supposedly over Emily's picnic) at the RC. If the audience knew she and Brad spent the night together after that fabulous connection they had made, why would she have a meltdown about Emily? Their storylines conflicted and they eliminated Chantal's overnight in order to promote Emily's picnic. Gotta build doubt in the F1 edit.
    Had they shown that they spent the night together, it totally would've given her little meltdown a lot more weight. The other ladies were upset/concerned, but after just that one date that was shown, it was a little OTT for her to meltdown to that extent. showing her coming home the next morning would've given the meltdown more context.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4166678;
    You see it would seem unreasonable to most of the audience for Chantal to have that big of a reaction when she had such a fabulous date with an overnight to top it off when so many of the girls had not even had a rinky dink 1-1.
    It already seemed over the top for her to be crying so much even without the edit showing her coming in the next morning.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4166687;
    You see it would seem unreasonable to most of the audience for Chantal to have that big of a reaction when she had such a fabulous date with an overnight to top it off when so many of the girls had not even had a rinky dink 1-1.
    It already seemed over the top for her to be crying so much even without the edit showing her coming in the next morning.
    Right, so what does that say to the average viewer? That Emily is the F1 cuz Chantal's too unstable?

Why did they keep it out if not to hide F1?

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;4166619;

I'm not sure why it's ok for Chantal to whine about Brad's SQT with other ladies and not Ashley H. Is it because Chantal is thought to be F1?
    Here are some difference I observed....I am not validating the whining just pointing out some differences that I noticed

1. During Blood PSA date - Chantal - she said the process was hard..but told him that HE WAS WORTH IT
    2. During radio after party - Ashley complained I have never felt these things before... blah blah blah ....THIS SUCKS she said some other things in similar tone and his response was huh?
    3. when Chantal was upset during Emily's picnic.... she was upset...but not with Brad...she excused herself , went to collect herself...when she talked with Brad she was fine. no crying, she showed concern..but no crying in front of Brad.
    4. on B/C's date she several ties kept reassuring him that HE WAS WORTH IT

You also see her question everything this week ...she thought they had something special, he did say he could see them as a couple in re life...and then he gives Emily the picnic....we see her in a PI saying that this is not just an adventure but she is looking for a husband , (my interpretation) if he is that in love with Emily and she (C) was so fooled on there date, then why stick around. If her feelings for him are real and his are with Emily ..then why??
    He reassures her during their sqt time but then the connection the girls are making in vegas send her over the edge.....and thats where we see,,if you don't feel for me send me home.

So sofar most of the insecurities we have seen from Chantal are during PIs,

Juast like the slap...it only happened once, but we have seen it thousands of times, TPTB are really playing up chantals insecurities with these PIs and when we watch the show over and over it does build up in your mind.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4166687;
    That's why Chantal's meltdown was OTT to the point of being absurd to me. I knew she had stayed overnight with Brad while others had barely spoken to him. Are TPTB not wanting to show the F1 doing the walk of shame?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Balancer;4166642;
    Remembering that this is all a TV show and editing is the key, viewers have already assigned values and accepted double-standards for the characters based on the edits. I saw a screencap of Emily on that thread that looks like from her home computer (?) and thought WOW what a beautiful woman, who is that? The hair was a little less billowy and definitely gone from the overly bleached blonde to a natural (looking) medium blonde. She looked so healthy and natural and beautiful - and so different from the "perfect" contestant we are shown. Would her edit have been the same (and would our perceptions and assigned standards for her) if she looked more like the girl on the webcam shots? Does anyone know if she was that fluffy and bleached in "real life" prior to the show or was that part of her character development. Would any of you assign the same edit perceptions to her if she had the same hair as Chantal or Shawntel? And on the other hand, would those enhanced-figure girls get the same edit if non-enhanced (and not hanging out of swimsuits?) The edit is directing the TV show. I think the less enhanced women will shine more in the circus episodes.
    Just a personal opinion about Emily's changed appearance on the vblog (which was done in real time, not during filming of the show). I think she's undergone a makeover post-filming in order to prepare her to be the lead next season as the B'ette. They toned down the blonde hair and made her more approachable-looking IMO for her upcoming season.

They did it with Ali and Jillian -- from tomboyish to sleek and sophisticated. For Emily they went from perfect to approachable.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Can you imagine the slap if she were to end up F2 ? lol

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;4166699;
    That's why Chantal's meltdown was OTT to the point of being absurd to me. I knew she had stayed overnight with Brad while others had barely spoken to him. Are TPTB not wanting to show the F1 doing the walk of shame?
    FWIW - I think they didn't show overnight in Catalina because they want to show overnight in Costa Rica. Per RS, she goes home in Brad's shirt in Costa Rica. That's going to be way more dynamic. And I don't think they can show 2 overnight dates in a 3 week span before we even get to hometowns. That doesn't usually happen, and would take the suspense/doubt out by making her the obvious favorite for even the casual viewer.