Thread: Reality Steve Spoilers

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Trina7020 View Post
    I have been thinking the same thing all day long. I would think that these would be a really trying time for the couple... for all of the reasons above but let's not forget the F1 having to watch Brad kiss all over other women and not to mention the Laurel situation thrown in.

I wish them the best... I admit I get sucked in but I know it rarely works out long term.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ladeedi12 View Post
    I wouldnt feel sorry for her either way, with copies of supposed text or not. Anyone can by a disposable phone with an Austin area code and number text to me today and say it was from Brad. Would i have any real proof it was from him, other than a copy i could provide you as i have the text on my phone, NO absolutley not.

Laurel got what she wanted, her 15 minutes of fame, a pay check for selling her story. Probably a pretty fair amount for a 15 minute article not a bad days work at all!
    Honestly, I could go into my phone, change a friend's name in my contact list to be any famous person, grab their phone and text away. Then I'd have "proof" that I'd received texts from said famous person.
    Last edited by JL88; 03-14-2011 at 04:53 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beruthiel View Post
    I'm actually one of those benighted, spoiler-hungry persons who go to RS's site every week, twice, and carefully read through his posts, and the comments from his readers to boot. I've been a big girl for a long time and I can handle his silly little boy attitude.
    Having a security system to die for due to my younger son being a computer expert, I don't get any pop-ups or ads, just the blog, so it's clear and easy to read. without any of the unnecessary intrusive cr*p.
    I read his stuff with my blinkers off and my mind clear, having always had at least two cups of strong caffeinated tea beforehand, while on the lookout for negative innuendo and sly inferences, so I believe I am completely unbiased and not searching with ulterior motives.
    He's a boor regarding women, no wonder he's single, but I found out from him that Chantal is happy, and seeing another guy.
    I thank RS for a spoiler I'm happy to believe because it reinforces my own bias towards this delightful young woman whom I've grown to like immensely during this season.
    As for everything else, I take it all with a pinch of salt, and adopt a wait and see attitude, while acknowledging that there's no smoke without fire, and most stories hold a nugget of truth hidden amongst the verbiage.
    If RS wasn't there, I'd sure miss his detailed info for each season's dates and expulsions, even if he does get the ending wrong. His info adds to the breadth of the Bachelor experience.
    Just my humble opinion.
    Back to regular scheduled programming...
    Good post and I do the same. I like reading his take on things.

I then put some things together myself. This season is very different. There is much more to chew on. The contracts with a 5 mil penalty for blabbing seem to be either non existant or requests have been issued to expose certain information. I find this fascinating. The manipulation we expect is further reaching.

I see RS is being taken more seriously by production since his range is wider than it ever has been. It is reaching those far beyond message boards.

We have longed for changes and we sure got them. The Bachelorette will be very different for us after this. Ya gotta love it!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JL88 View Post
    Honestly, I could go into my phone, change a friend's name in my contact list to be any famous person, grab there phone and text away. Then I'd have "proof" that I'd received texts from said famous person.
    But a very important element is that Brad himself did not deny the texts.
    We like because... we love although...."

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Good post and I do the same. I like reading his take on things.

I then put some things together myself. This season is very different. There is much more to chew on. The contracts with a 5 mil penalty for blabbing seem to be either non existant or requests have been issued to expose certain information. I find this fascinating. The manipulation we expect is further reaching.

I see RS is being taken more seriously by production since his range is wider than it ever has been. It is reaching those far beyond message boards.

We have longed for changes and we sure got them. The Bachelorette will be very different for us after this. Ya gotta love it!
    Re the bolded: I know, the times, they are a-changing!
    All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions ~ Leonardo da Vinci

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JL88 View Post
    Honestly, I could go into my phone, change a friend's name in my contact list to be any famous person, grab their phone and text away. Then I'd have "proof" that I'd received texts from said famous person.
    Absolutely! In cyberspace, you can be anyone you want to be - within reason. When I originally set up the FORT registration, I did it for some ladies at an office I was calling on in Austin, just to show them where FORT was and how to do it. Later, I decided to go in and change the info to ME instead of someone else, since it was originally just a demo. If anyone had gone into the records of FORT, I would not have been me.

In the same way, RS and tabloids can have anyone be a reliable source if they are not showing us the real person.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    ITA..no crystal ball for anyone to know the future.

imo, Bremily is toast...the announcement of 'broken engagement' will be out there while everyone is busy with the new bachelorette.

The last 3 months should have been fun, relaxed, safehouse dates and really getting to know each other. The stress should come after they are out as a couple in the real world with the everyday problems that come with it.

To me, to have problems this early on is not a good indication and too much work to last. Love shouldn't be this much work so soon, maybe after years of marriage, but not in the first 3 months "the honeymoon" period in most relationships that last.
    This isn't a typical relationship with your everyday circumstances. Their first three months consists of being apart most of the time, having to keep their relationship under cover, watching him "date" other women on TV, and seeing both of them dragged through the tabloid wringer. It's once they get away from the media that they can have an environment more like the normal early stage of a relationship.

And, maybe that's the simple truth behind postponing (or canceling) the media rounds. Maybe Fleiss had it presented to him as "if you want this relationship to succeed, we need to be done with the media for now, when we've been together for a while, you can drag us out on Ashley's ATFR to show we're still together, and you get your success story." It could potentially be a win-win for Fleiss. Brad and Emily not doing the rounds is going to garner some curiosity, and if they do make a go of it with this time out of the spotlight, he has another feather in his cap (and one he probably would love to have, given the whole bringing Brad back to "rehab" his image angle).

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    But a very important element is that Brad himself did not deny the texts.
    I didn't find the texts all that offensive. Certainly not great if you are Emily but not unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trina7020 View Post
    I have been thinking the same thing all day long. I would think that these would be a really trying time for the couple... for all of the reasons above but let's not forget the F1 having to watch Brad kiss all over other women and not to mention the Laurel situation thrown in.

I wish them the best... I admit I get sucked in but I know it rarely works out long term.
    It might be advantageous to MF to allow the couples to See each other every weekend. That way they can reconnect after each episode. Then perhaps RS wouldn't have so much to talk about. Maybe some of the relationships, that seem to be good at the FRC might have a better chance. :

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92 View Post
    I didn't find the texts all that offensive. Certainly not great if you are Emily but not unforgivable.
    Were there any texts from Laurel, or were they all one sided? (I thought I read she didn't publish any of her responses.)