Thread: Reality Steve Spoilers

FORT Fan

Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beruthiel View Post
    I'm actually one of those benighted, spoiler-hungry persons who go to RS's site every week, twice, and carefully read through his posts, and the comments from his readers to boot. I've been a big girl for a long time and I can handle his silly little boy attitude.
    Having a security system to die for due to my younger son being a computer expert, I don't get any pop-ups or ads, just the blog, so it's clear and easy to read. without any of the unnecessary intrusive cr*p.
    I read his stuff with my blinkers off and my mind clear, having always had at least two cups of strong caffeinated tea beforehand, while on the lookout for negative innuendo and sly inferences, so I believe I am completely unbiased and not searching with ulterior motives.
    He's a boor regarding women, no wonder he's single, but I found out from him that Chantal is happy, and seeing another guy.
    I thank RS for a spoiler I'm happy to believe because it reinforces my own bias towards this delightful young woman whom I've grown to like immensely during this season.
    As for everything else, I take it all with a pinch of salt, and adopt a wait and see attitude, while acknowledging that there's no smoke without fire, and most stories hold a nugget of truth hidden amongst the verbiage.
    If RS wasn't there, I'd sure miss his detailed info for each season's dates and expulsions, even if he does get the ending wrong. His info adds to the breadth of the Bachelor experience.
    Just my humble opinion.
    Back to regular scheduled programming...

(I kinda enjoy his posts actually!)
    We like because... we love although...."

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    ITA..no crystal ball for anyone to know the future.

imo, Bremily is toast...the announcement of 'broken engagement' will be out there while everyone is busy with the new bachelorette.

The last 3 months should have been fun, relaxed, safehouse dates and really getting to know each other. The stress should come after they are out as a couple in the real world with the everyday problems that come with it.

To me, to have problems this early on is not a good indication and too much work to last. Love shouldn't be this much work so soon, maybe after years of marriage, but not in the first 3 months "the honeymoon" period in most relationships that last.

I can only speak for myself, but I would be far more stressed during those 3 months than after the show ended. Think about it:

1. You only get to see your SO every other week for a few days, in a safehouse.
    2. There are tabloids trashing you and analyzing your every word and action.
    3. In Emily's case, she has to try to protect her daughter from everything going on.
    4. You cannot tell your family or friends about anything that is happening, so any stress you feel you have to keep to yourself. You can't vent to anyone but your SO.

Once the show is over and the focus is off them they can be far less stressed, see each other whenever they like and whereever they like. The tabloids will move on to whomever is relevant at that time and you can just be happy.
    Last edited by FumaLover; 03-14-2011 at 04:25 PM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

I'm actually one of those benighted, spoiler-hungry persons who go to RS's site every week, twice, and carefully read through his posts, and the comments from his readers to boot. I've been a big girl for a long time and I can handle his silly little boy attitude.
    Having a security system to die for due to my younger son being a computer expert, I don't get any pop-ups or ads, just the blog, so it's clear and easy to read. without any of the unnecessary intrusive cr*p.
    I read his stuff with my blinkers off and my mind clear, having always had at least two cups of strong caffeinated tea beforehand, while on the lookout for negative innuendo and sly inferences, so I believe I am completely unbiased and not searching with ulterior motives.
    He's a boor regarding women, no wonder he's single, but I found out from him that Chantal is happy, and seeing another guy.
    I thank RS for a spoiler I'm happy to believe because it reinforces my own bias towards this delightful young woman whom I've grown to like immensely during this season.
    As for everything else, I take it all with a pinch of salt, and adopt a wait and see attitude, while acknowledging that there's no smoke without fire, and most stories hold a nugget of truth hidden amongst the verbiage.
    If RS wasn't there, I'd sure miss his detailed info for each season's dates and expulsions, even if he does get the ending wrong. His info adds to the breadth of the Bachelor experience.
    Just my humble opinion.

Excellent post..Thank you for saying what I think in such an eloquent post
    Last edited by Green; 03-14-2011 at 04:28 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    That was the strange part. He didn't deny he text her, but then told George Lopez he never asked Laurel to marry him.
    Remember this saying when we were little kids?
    "liar, liar, pants on fire, Mr. Brad"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Sort of like "I never had sexual relations with that woman". Whatever that means.

I'm glad we had RS to give us the heads up on all the behind the scenes crap this ATFR. I for one will watch with a very different eye than I otherwise might have.
    lol lol

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

Just my humble opinion.
    I agree with a lot of this post.

I actually enjoy RS's site quite a bit, especially lately. I do agree that some of his comments about women rub me the wrong way, but actually watching his video blogs helped me to see his sense of humor much better. I know some people have had bad experiences with emailing him, but I never have. I have emailed him several times and have always gotten funny and nice responses. And in one of the emails I blasted him for a full paragraph for something he said and he wrote back saying what he really had meant by what he said, and that he was sorry it came across differently.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by FumaLover View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I would be far more stressed during those 3 months than after the show ended. Think about it:

3. In Emily's case, she has to try to protect her daughter from everything going on.
    4. You cannot tell your family or friends about anything that is happening, so any stress you feel you have to keep to yourself. You can't vent to anyone but your SO.

Once the show is over and the focus is off them they can be far less stressed, see each other whenever they like and whereever they like. The tabloids will move on to whomever is relevant at that time and you can just be happy.
    I agree. 100%. I can't wait until tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Remember this saying when we were little kids?
    "liar, liar, pants on fire, Mr. Brad"
    Hanging from the telephone wire......no I mean text wire. Couldn't resist .
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Newbie

I have been thinking the same thing all day long. I would think that these would be a really trying time for the couple... for all of the reasons above but let's not forget the F1 having to watch Brad kiss all over other women and not to mention the Laurel situation thrown in.

I wish them the best... I admit I get sucked in but I know it rarely works out long term.

FORT Newbie

I couldn't have said it better myself