Thread: Reality Steve Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    Image management on the boards is not very hard. It plays out here season after season.

Brad's had a Board friend, for example, who builds up Street Cred on the Board all season long with little (non-confid-agreement breaching) tips / non-news items or insights posted to the public board. The Board Friend also communicates privately with opinion leaders at a slightly deeper level of disclosure, thereby assuring that well-respected veterans spontaneously post "corrective" posts, swaying opinion back to a less hysterical, friendlier place.

Then, when the lead needs a Board Friend the most (the #$(%&* hits the proverbial fan at the end of the season), Board Friend can shade over into pure image management, spending down hard-earned pennies of credibility, but nevertheless assuring the "fan base" that his friend is not evil, etc.

At least that was the documented cycle during Bach 11. A few carefully timed flat-out deceptions or "prepare the way" leaks in the interest of his friend/business partner, which makes such a person .... a great friend/business partner.
    Brilliant. Astute. Should be required reading in the FORT 101 handbook.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    There wasn't tension "between" him and her. They were there on the same team. It was a very raw and real show (but remember how those get edited as badly as the show itself). It was therapeutic in a way and they are stronger at this point right now than they were coming off the high of the filming the finale in November. Know what I mean? It was more emotional optimism in November and now it is more of a real optimism.
    Thanks!!! Looking forward to tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Somewhere on this board is a list of the media they were to do - we know last week that R&K for tomorrow were cancelled. The list has Ellen, Leno and a couple others -all since been cancelled. I'll try and find it.
    My post was about what BabyfaceC said. Wasn't yours? I'll go back. Maybe I read it too fast.

ETA: Last line. His credibility?
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT Fan

Point of consideration: If media is postponed indefinitely, it may be simply that it is no longer cost effective. This is a business. Prior and current media engagements are placed and scheduled to bring viewers to the actual event (the show) during which advertising pays the bills. Unless significant payments are made to the after-event media engagements, there is no longer profit to be gained from this couple's appearances - at least for gaining profit for this segment of the show. They might schedule later to draw in viewers for future programs. Or, the various entertainment shows might gain their own profit from these guests. But, for The Bachelor Brad Round 2 - time is over after tonight for promotion of this season. Money is made except for the action figures and tshirts. Nothing ominous about no press post event.

FORT Fan

Image management on the boards is not very hard. It plays out here season after season.

Brad's had a Board friend, for example, who builds up Street Cred on the Board all season long with little (non-confid-agreement breaching) tips / non-news items or insights posted to the public board. The Board Friend also communicates privately with opinion leaders at a slightly deeper level of disclosure, thereby assuring that well-respected veterans spontaneously post "corrective" posts, swaying opinion back to a less hysterical, friendlier place.

Then, when the lead needs a Board Friend the most (the #$(%&* hits the proverbial fan at the end of the season), Board Friend can shade over into pure image management, spending down hard-earned pennies of credibility, but nevertheless assuring the "fan base" that his friend is not evil, etc.

At least that was the documented cycle during Bach 11. A few carefully timed flat-out deceptions or "prepare the way" leaks in the interest of his friend/business partner, which makes such a person .... a great friend/business partner.
    I quit don't understand what you are saying..I don get that BFC put out that the RS had the wrong F1 just to bring the board back on track.Right? But your statement "prepare the way" for leaks or flat-out deceptions..which part of the leaks and mis directions are we to believe?

The last statement I agree with BFC is a wonderful friend/business partner to Brad..I would want to set the record straight too..

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Balancer View Post
    A profiteer in this is no way objective. Compare a tabloid to (what used to be) true news reporting (not anymore...). Reporters were to put info out objectively without skewing the information to a conclusion. They were (once upon a time) there to give info and let the reader/viewer make informed decisions. The feature writers - tabloids, PR, human interest, etc - skew their info to suit the story they want the reader/viewer to gain from the info given. There is nothing wrong with the various profiteers that skew stories as long as they do not portray themselves as fair and balanced news providers.

Sometimes the skew - perhaps for RS - is to simply keep the pot stirred and the readers/viewers interested enough to return for more.
    So then, how is the friend more objective than the profiteer?
    I'm just saying they both have to be painted with the same brush. I feel like RS makes money, but he isn't necessarily in the pocket of ABC or Brad or Laurel, etc. He can go either way with whomever he receives info from.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by JL88 View Post
    Not for me. He said "until at least Thursday." That isn't a definite statement of "it will be Thursday." And it was likely the best information available to him at the time as the delay in media rounds is probably an ongoing situation which is changing frequently.
    Not for me either.

I think what I got from his post was that he was surprised that the media rounds were in fact cancelled or postponed. It seemed as though that was a request from Brad and BFC was (pleasantly) surprised that in fact the rounds were cancelled.
    I also think he assumed that they were postponed i.e he did not sound sure and therefore he is not lying.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy View Post
    So then, how is the friend more objective than the profiteer?
    I'm just saying they both have to be painted with the same brush. I feel like RS makes money, but he isn't necessarily in the pocket of ABC or Brad or Laurel, etc. He can go either way with whomever he receives info from.
    Didn't say more to either - basically just saying No Way for RS.

RS is putting out what he can to draw you to his site for profit.

BFC is putting out what he can to support and defend his friend.

I wouldn't place any bets on objectivity on either - equally.

Because most of us have seen this movie before. Brad went on Ellen and said he hadn't so much as had a coffee with another woman, when he was in fact back together with Laurel, and had texted her and sent her flowers during filming.

The Bach 11 archives can tell the rest of the story in terms of how it played out on the Boards and individual posts. Defending a friend/business is admirable, but that's what it is. It's not truth serum time.
    And what would you do if you were Brad in that time of your life. He and Laurel were so strong. How many months were they together after the show ended? I mean as in a strong surviving couple. At least the media wasn't beating down her door. He could try to control some things. He did the right thing in regards to what you do when you care about someone. But in the end, Brad was smart enough to move on. Laurel still doesn't get it nor her partner RS. Long days ahead. Sadly.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Balancer View Post
    Point of consideration: If media is postponed indefinitely, it may be simply that it is no longer cost effective. This is a business. Prior and current media engagements are placed and scheduled to bring viewers to the actual event (the show) during which advertising pays the bills. Unless significant payments are made to the after-event media engagements, there is no longer profit to be gained from this couple's appearances - at least for gaining profit for this segment of the show. They might schedule later to draw in viewers for future programs. Or, the various entertainment shows might gain their own profit from these guests. But, for The Bachelor Brad Round 2 - time is over after tonight for promotion of this season. Money is made except for the action figures and tshirts. Nothing ominous about no press post event.
    It's cost effective for just about each contestant to do some kind of teleconference, and for the f2 to make a round, and CH to make rounds, but not for the latest couple of the franchise? Come on, now. I really highly doubt it's about money.
    Team Channy and Shawny.