Thread: Reality Steve Spoilers

Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

So, absolutely no ATFR spoilers anywhere, not even from RS?
    It seems very odd to clamp down so securely when TPTB have already let the cat out of the bag as to who gets the final rose, shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, etc., and all those other adages.
    The weirdest thing has been TPTB going along with the Chantal F1 spoiling, then changing when they did, I don't get it, unless Chantal got fed up of being the whipping girl and asked for some relief, or, they were worried that they'd edited it so badly that no one would accept Emily.
    But then, according to stats I've seen posted, the general public thinks it's Emily anyway, so that doesn't appear to hold water; perhaps they just like playing with the fans.
    Weird season all round and mishandled IMHO, because using RS also meant we got used too, and MS can kiss my grits for that.
    VERY happy though that Chantal appears to come out safely unscathed.
    I never sleuthed and am in awe of those who do it so well, I just went with what I saw and felt and have been wrong as often as right, but I love a good mystery so I wish RS would just go bye byes and never darken our doors ever again, and allow sleuthers to do their thing, it's a delight.
    I'm so ready for The End this season.
    All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Thank you so much for this post. I said it many times ... I was a Brantal fan because of the way Brad was with Chantal, RS or no RS. When Brad's personality changed mid-season is when I quit being a Brantal fan. When and IF Brad ever behaves with Emily like he behaved with Chantal, I'll be a Bremily fan. But I'm not holding my breath. Their relationship appears to be of a different breed, a not very appealing breed to me.

And I will always be a Chantal fan. Her spunk and joie de vivre were contagious.
    I stopped rooting for Brantal after the news hit from Blondie that Emily was F1. After all of the crazy news came out, I eventually started realizing that Chantal was better off without Brad, and I gained even more respect for her that she turned down the Bachelorette. I'll always be a Chantal fan too, she made this season likeable with her spunk and vivacious personality. Gonna miss seeing her on TV after this!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579 View Post
    I live in Canada and go to university... and this is my first season on the boards - so I can assure you my rooting for Brantal wasn't because of the interviews - I didn't/couldn't watch 90% of them anyway.

That being said... I liked the Brantal coupling because of who Brad was around Chantal. They had an immediate comfort (post-PSA pool party, anyone?) and I'm sure everyone on the board can at least agree on their electric physical chemistry. Brad was a totally different person around her - relaxed and joking and there was a real spark in his eye compared to the rest of the robotic demeanor.

I stopped rooting for Brantal about the time the tabloid things came out (true or not, I took from it that Brad's MO in relationships was majorly unhealthy... and I didn't want to root for Chantal to be embroiled in that). That, plus his shutdown after the SI photoshoot didn't endear him to me either. It just so happened to be conveniently timed with when the spoilers flipped from Chantal to Emily F1... I rarely also read RS because I find him rather chauvinistic and... yeah, I just don't like him

Also... just reminding everyone that the show IS edited to show two parallel love stories - one fabricated, and one real - well, as "real" as it gets inside the bubble So rooting for either side isn't right or wrong, and it is a highly edited TV show after all.

My thoughts exactly. It's my first season on the boards as well..never even knew FORT existed until I stumbled upon it by accident- so I haven't been much of a sleuther/edit analyzer cause it's not as much my thing. Maybe that's why I don't mind RS- I think he's an unhappy, mean tool, but I love reading his spoilers b/c I love knowing the wk to wk eliminations. But neither he nor his spoilers were the reason I became a Chantal fan....or the reason why I became so comfy with the possibility that she left the show single.

I live in Canada and go to university... and this is my first season on the boards - so I can assure you my rooting for Brantal wasn't because of the interviews - I didn't/couldn't watch 90% of them anyway.

That being said... I liked the Brantal coupling because of who Brad was around Chantal. They had an immediate comfort (post-PSA pool party, anyone?) and I'm sure everyone on the board can at least agree on their electric physical chemistry. Brad was a totally different person around her - relaxed and joking and there was a real spark in his eye compared to the rest of the robotic demeanor.

I stopped rooting for Brantal about the time the tabloid things came out (true or not, I took from it that Brad's MO in relationships was majorly unhealthy... and I didn't want to root for Chantal to be embroiled in that). That, plus his shutdown after the SI photoshoot didn't endear him to me either. It just so happened to be conveniently timed with when the spoilers flipped from Chantal to Emily F1... I rarely also read RS because I find him rather chauvinistic and... yeah, I just don't like him

Also... just reminding everyone that the show IS edited to show two parallel love stories - one fabricated, and one real - well, as "real" as it gets inside the bubble So rooting for either side isn't right or wrong, and it is a highly edited TV show after all

Yes this is so true..I could see that he did have a lot of sparks and fun with Chantal..I think she was easy for Brad to be around..She is a very lovely woman..And I sure Emily and had fun too..As we did see in some of the outtakes..SO yes this is a fabricated show due the EDIT..I guess we try to guess the outcome despite the EDIT..Thats what fun..finding clues etc....

Also... just reminding everyone that the show IS edited to show two parallel love stories - one fabricated, and one real - well, as "real" as it gets inside the bubble So rooting for either side isn't right or wrong, and it is a highly edited TV show after all.

Absolutely sparks with Chantal...but also with Ashley H. I think the bloom came off the rose (s) for both of these girls when time started getting short and 'real' life questions started coming up.

In the beginning everything is fun...fun...fun. Very rarely did anyone speak about the future..unless it was where they were going next.

As the girls were let go...and time was flying...it was finally time to talk about blending their lives together in the real world. This is where Ashley H. totally fell apart....and I have a feeling that Chantal followed. Obviously they showed Ashley's downfall...but it's possible they edited out Chantal's.

When I watched all the shows online one after the other....(I never watched on TV)....I saw the love story between Brad & Emily very clearly. And this was when RS said Chantal was the F1.

So although I saw sparks...fun & laughter much more between Brad...Chantal & Ashley.....I saw love in Brad's eyes for Emily.

I liked all of the last 5 or 6 girls...but saw that Emily was the 'one'.
    Last edited by megan31917; 03-11-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Thank you so much for this post. I said it many times ... I was a Brantal fan because of the way Brad was with Chantal, RS or no RS. When Brad's personality changed mid-season is when I quit being a Brantal fan. When and IF Brad ever behaves with Emily like he behaved with Chantal, I'll be a Bremily fan. But I'm not holding my breath. Their relationship appears to be of a different breed, a not very appealing breed to me.

And I will always be a Chantal fan. Her spunk and joie de vivre were contagious.
    Absolutely. no doubt about it.

I totally agree with you - I too became just a Chantal/Boca fan
    So far with Bremily I only get icky & creepy....and it's not just them, I think most of the girls this season were too young for Brad...although on occasion some behaved more mature than he did

BTW - love seeing your signature shout-outs to SDL

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    Really??? so the only real sleuthers on the Board were Emily fans.... interesting and Chantal fans were just RS groupies??
    No. The sleuthers were neither fans, they are sleuthers. Just like sleuthers during Jakes season, and RS spoiled Vienna as the F1. She was not a favourite of very many people, however that didn't stop sleuthers.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I can buy that, but who convincingly through him off about the Thanksgiving Dinner, and then who ( same sources -pl?) thoroughly convinced him that Chantal and Brad were later engaged?

According to him, the source has to be plural, and obviously the sources have to be trustworthy for him to put his reputation on the line in the manner in which he did.
    More fool him (rs).

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    Really??? so the only real sleuthers on the Board were Emily fans.... interesting and Chantal fans were just RS groupies??
    especially since most of the sleuthing happens in real time - contestants, when they were seen at home, home during the HTDs, random photos of cast members. Sleuthing continues to happen during the season, but the majority of the hardest, most grueling sleuthing takes place while the show is taping and there is no 'favourite'.

RS doesn't sleuth - he gets emails and phone calls and it puts it all together nice and neat into his blog - no muss to fuss....
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Samc View Post
    Absolutely. no doubt about it.

I totally agree with you - I too became just a Chantal/Boca fan
    So far with Bremily I only get icky & creepy....and it's not just them, I think most of the girls this season were too young for Brad...although on occasion some behaved more mature than he did

BTW - love seeing your signature shout-outs to SDL
    I too think that most of the girls this season were too young for Brad..but if you look at the two limo pictures...Chantel looks younger than Emily and she is 4 years older than her...whoever did Emily's hair and makeup needs a pink slip
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!