Thread: Reality Steve Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva View Post
    ITA babyfaceC! RS spoilers may have changed the dynamics of the discussion this season but it didn't stop the sleuthers from doing what we enjoy. It seemed unrealtistic that RS would have the entire season laid out perfectly and that Fleiss would have gone along with this so easily. Rest assured that sleuthers were actively investigating and analyzing Brad's season despite RS spoilers. Cantstopwatchin brought us "Fridgegate" -- proof of Little Ricki's drawings on Brad's fridge before they were aired on the show. This discovery offered plenty of reasonable doubt that RS's spoiler for the F1 was correct so we kept sleuthing. While looking for the Easter Egg, we discovered a real love story -- right in front of our faces!
    Even before Fridgegate the sleuthers had determined with certainty that Emily was F1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    When you say "you" I understand why you think that..

I was hoping this season was more like Brad's last on here. Last time around people were "working" to find clues. They pieced together what and where the contestants were during the time the show aired. (not in a creepy way) They asked questions about people's types and tendencies. People, like Jelle, Cafegirl, Capegal, Blondiegal, kendra became masters of internet searches and screencaps and putting the pieces together. I was looking forward to more of a who-dunnit atmosphere this time around. It was fun. But now with RS... A lot of people allow themselves to get spoiled and then jump on their favorite's bandwagon and go the whole way without ever questioning anything. Then when RS changes direction a lot of people have to re-adjust and realize RS (not the show) was dictating their opinions the entire time.

That was the basis of me telling everyone to keep sleuthing by the way.
    I kept harping about the bolded above all season. Pity the people you mentioned above do not post either as often/not at all anymore. Guess we scared them away by jumping on the favorites bandwagon with rose colored glasses. With RS outsted as the fake that he is, hopefully the future will be more fun for sleuthers.

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    I kept harping about the bolded above all season. Pity the people you mentioned above do not post either as often/not at all anymore. Guess we scared them away by jumping on the favorites bandwagon with rose colored glasses. With RS outsted as the fake that he is, hopefully the future will be more fun for sleuthers.
    I can't wait to slueth next season and ignore everything that smug egomania has to say
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    And you donít question why this is all sewn up so nicely in a neat little package?? Iím sure he did pick someone Ė there is just something so very off this season Ė or maybe Iíve just watched too many seasons of this show to take any of them seriously or really care if/who he picksÖÖ Iím really thinking about taking a break for a season or so, I get so wrapped up in all of this and spend far too much time thinking about this show, itís not healthy.
    I agree, there is something off. It's just too neat of a package especially with all the info coming out in the magazines. Why is Fleiss letting all this info out? Was this season just filler and he's just cutting his loses since he couldn't get Chris L? Ratings are down compared to other seasons.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMae View Post
    I thought that RS stated in one of his columns that the Thxgiving dinner stuff came to him from a different source? Or he didn't expect to get it? Or some such?
    I wonder how he checked and double checked the story to run with it. He staked himself, reputation and everything on this seasons spoiler. Glad it's all gone down the drain..

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    RS was fed wrong information from the beginning and this is what the sleuthers have maintained from the beginning of the season. It was a blatant lie about the thanksgiving dinner and some of us came to grief because we refused to take RS's word for it.

RS was wrong and ruined the sleuthing this season. Being misinformed does not excuse him. Some of us knew he was misinformed from the very beginning. No credit to a liar who misleads a whole group on the message boards and tabloids to believe his lies.

The few who sleuthed barely scratched the surface because of all the spoilers and support of RS it felt very tedious wasting time to check scs and edits. When a little doubt was brought in by Litargic (sp), we were strengthened to sleuth irregardless of RS. Most of us were just sitting this season to see if RS was right or not. If he was, then TB was over for us as there was no possibility of sleuthing in the future. With RS being completely wrong, the sleuthing can get back to what it used to be. Blondigel burst the RS bubble and it is not because of her spoiler that some think Emily is F1. We knew from the first week that Chantal was NOT F1 and for about a month now, we have known Emily WAS F1 - without any spoilers and despite RS speaking to the contrary.
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
    I hate to defend the guy, but I try to give credit where credit is due regardless of how I feel personally. I like to deal objectively.
    Prior to the season coming out and scs, Rs was able to with very good percentages, go episode by episode and delineate the dates and the elimination at rose ceremonies.
    I personally, don't feel anyone has the power to ruin the sleuthing for me, but me. Maybe I am in the minority, but I don't think so. I think there are quite a few posters who continued to do their own sleuthing regardless of what anyone (RS included) had to say. This goes on every season and hopefully will continue!
    Many come to this board for spoilers and sleuthing. They can happily coincide and have for many seasons. Hopefully that will continue, too. But along with spoilers always come the risk of being misinformed. It's not pleasant to be wrong. Been there and done that. All of us would much rather be right than wrong anytime, anyday. If being misinformed is inexcusable...hmmm makes one pause about sharing spoilers in the future.
    Not a burden I personally would want to carry around.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Samantharose View Post
    I agree, there is something off. It's just too neat of a package especially with all the info coming out in the magazines. Why is Fleiss letting all this info out? Was this season just filler and he's just cutting his loses since he couldn't get Chris L? Ratings are down compared to other seasons.
    Yes there is something off this season. But it has been off since BEFORE the show airied. We were told who the F1 was. Now a couple of weeks before the end, Fleiss needs to reap his profits as his game with RS plays out. If at the FRC we find out Emily is F1, he will not have generated the viewing audience as all the talk will be AFTER the show airs. So the audience and the population is given a couple of weeks for the story to go out, the tabloids to do their thing and hype us the interest to gain a phenomenal number of viewers for the FRC. This is a television show after all and ratings is ALL that matters.

As far as editing goes, it was the normal structure. Brad fell in love, that is a side issue. The game with RS I believe was the main focus this season to make the season work.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva View Post
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
    I hate to defend the guy, but I try to give credit where credit is due regardless of how I feel personally. I like to deal objectively.
    Prior to the season coming out and scs, Rs was able to with very good percentages, go episode by episode and delineate the dates and the elimination at rose ceremonies.

I personally, don't feel anyone has the power to ruin the sleuthing for me, but me. Maybe I am in the minority, but I don't think so. I think there are quite a few posters who continued to do their own sleuthing regardless of what anyone (RS included) had to say. This goes on every season and hopefully will continue!
    Many come to this board for spoilers and sleuthing. They can happily coincide and have for many seasons. Hopefully that will continue, too. But along with spoilers always come the risk of being misinformed. It's not pleasant to be wrong. Been there and done that. All of us would much rather be right than wrong anytime, anyday. If being misinformed is inexcusable...hmmm makes one pause about sharing spoilers in the future.
    Not a burden I personally would want to carry around.
    When he is on, he is spot on! There is no messing around about that....
    I give him the highest praise for that detailed episode date material, and for the correct F2.

However, I would dearly love to know what happened on that Thanksgiving Dinner with Chantal's folks and Brad in California....the one that he was positive the info just fell into his lap.
    I feel sure we won't find out who misinformed him - or maybe even double-crossed him on that one, but I would like to know.
    I am not shaking my head in glee here, either.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    When he is on, he is spot on! There is no messing around about that....
    I give him the highest praise for that detailed episode date material, and for the correct F2.

However, I would dearly love to know what happened on that Thanksgiving Dinner with Chantal's folks and Brad in California....the one that he was positive the info just fell into his lap.
    I feel sure we won't find out who misinformed him - or maybe even double-crossed him on that one, but I would like to know.
    I am not shaking my head in glee here, either.
    The bolded above is what gave many of us doubt from the onset!!

FORT Fan

Those who are saying to give RS credit for getting most of the season right...but isn't that the easy part...I mean when girls get cut you know cuz they come home before the other girls so Fleiss prob doesn't put as much effort in hiding everything up until the final 2. I mean I guess it makes it easier that he gathers the info cuz it would be more work for other sleuthers.