Thread: Reality Steve Spoilers

  1. #4941
    FORT Fogey KashatheDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    This is what I want to know. It's hard to say he was mistaken with the "evidence" of the Thanksgiving Dinner which was just neatly swept under the rug once Emily F1 came out. How do you explain that other than he was fed false info? Cause that was just outright FALSE, right?
    We will never know the answer, and I doubt RS will ever directly answer this.
    First, how many sources did he have? Did the source that gave him a blow by blow date description as to who went on what and then itemized RC elimination(which was correct almost to the letter) then give him misinformation to the FRC? So were some of his sources dead right and then the others wrong? Again, we will never know.
    One thing I will say--we have to give credit where credit is due and be "big girls":
    RS got a lot right this year. A LOT. He did not look to a ouija board, or the magic 8 ball. He had sources that gave him this. I can't think of one other person who batted as well this season. And we can't take that a way from him as much as some would love to.
    Yes, he did not get the F1 right(at this point, I give Blondie the credit and go with Emily for the win), but he was misinformed. Have any of the other of us ever received misinformation...yes. So as far as that issue is concerned, I can get over it and go on. We did our own sleuthing and kept an open mind anyway.
    So it is what it is.
    Will I discuss his method of dealing with spoilers and his attitude? NO...that's beating a dead horse.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

  2. #4942
    FORT Fogey MiniDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    ITA babyfaceC! RS spoilers may have changed the dynamics of the discussion this season but it didn't stop the sleuthers from doing what we enjoy. It seemed unrealtistic that RS would have the entire season laid out perfectly and that Fleiss would have gone along with this so easily. Rest assured that sleuthers were actively investigating and analyzing Brad's season despite RS spoilers. Cantstopwatchin brought us "Fridgegate" -- proof of Little Ricki's drawings on Brad's fridge before they were aired on the show. This discovery offered plenty of reasonable doubt that RS's spoiler for the F1 was correct so we kept sleuthing. While looking for the Easter Egg, we discovered a real love story -- right in front of our faces!

    Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    When you say "you" I understand why you think that..

    I was hoping this season was more like Brad's last on here. Last time around people were "working" to find clues. They pieced together what and where the contestants were during the time the show aired. (not in a creepy way) They asked questions about people's types and tendencies. People, like Jelle, Cafegirl, Capegal, Blondiegal, kendra became masters of internet searches and screencaps and putting the pieces together. I was looking forward to more of a who-dunnit atmosphere this time around. It was fun. But now with RS... A lot of people allow themselves to get spoiled and then jump on their favorite's bandwagon and go the whole way without ever questioning anything. Then when RS changes direction a lot of people have to re-adjust and realize RS (not the show) was dictating their opinions the entire time.

    That was the basis of me telling everyone to keep sleuthing by the way.
    Last edited by MiniDiva; 03-10-2011 at 08:34 PM.

  3. #4943
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Originally Posted by babyfaceC
    I think it has gotten to the point that random people just funnel information that they know (or think they know) to RS. He probably doesn't have to work too hard any more. He's known as a spoiler and people want to be able to think that they contributed to that. With that being said... I am curious about something: Why are people so sure he is right this time since he changed his mind. He was adament for months that it was Chantal and now he is just as adament that it's Emily. So what's the difference? I really am just asking? Not implying or or misleading anything
    There are RS followers, and then there are sleuthers. You have said many times, to keep sleuthing even though RS spoiled that Chantal was the F1. However, the majority sided with RS, the sleuthers continued sleuthing. Just have a look at pbmax's post, she never waivered once. Some of us, and I am guilty of it, left her out here on her own, because it became Chantal vs Emily, where in reality, it was just RS vs Sleuthers trying to prove their findings.

    There were plenty of reasons right here on this board, which I'm sure RS checks frequently, to give him the opportunity to maybe start realizing that he was being Fleissed, if he would have thought about it for a minute, rather than just waiting for a cuzillion sources (and a cuzillion hits to his site), to confirm something, where those cuzillion sources may all be Fleiss minions. He did not take that opportunity and continued to ensure with 100% for sure, no doubt about it, that Chantal was the F1 and Emily was the next 'ette if she wanted it. Sleuthers carried on.

    With regards to the bolded, IMO, and I don't know for sure, just speculating, he found out that Chantal was seen with a guy in a park as I recall, right about the same time BlondieGal confirmed Emily was the F1. He had big news for several days, BG outscooped him then he switched like Lith predicted.

    So, wrong on the F1, wrong on the 'ette if she wants it, and I'm waiting for the 3rd wrong, Ashely H as the next 'ette.

  4. #4944
    FORT Fogey nd4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    There are RS followers, and then there are sleuthers. You have said many times, to keep sleuthing even though RS spoiled that Chantal was the F1. However, the majority sided with RS, the sleuthers continued sleuthing. Just have a look at pbmax's post, she never waivered once. Some of us, and I am guilty of it, left her out here on her own, because it became Chantal vs Emily, where in reality, it was just RS vs Sleuthers trying to prove their findings.

    There were plenty of reasons right here on this board, which I'm sure RS checks frequently, to give him the opportunity to maybe start realizing that he was being Fleissed, if he would have thought about it for a minute, rather than just waiting for a cuzillion sources (and a cuzillion hits to his site), to confirm something, where those cuzillion sources may all be Fleiss minions. He did not take that opportunity and continued to ensure with 100% for sure, no doubt about it, that Chantal was the F1 and Emily was the next 'ette if she wanted it. Sleuthers carried on.

    With regards to the bolded, IMO, and I don't know for sure, just speculating, he found out that Chantal was seen with a guy in a park as I recall, right about the same time BlondieGal confirmed Emily was the F1. He had big news for several days, BG outscooped him then he switched like Lith predicted.

    So, wrong on the F1, wrong on the 'ette if she wants it, and I'm waiting for the 3rd wrong, Ashely H as the next 'ette.
    I am guilty of exactly the same thing. I wavered constantly for two reasons ... 1 RS previous track record and 2 each time there was a post regarding the possibility of Emily being the F1 there were counter arguments on here that boardered on the ridiculous. In other words, those posts were either shot down or buried with the Chantal love.

    As for me, all I could see was what was traditionally known as the physical edit for Chantal and saw Brad getting more and more emotionally attached to Emily. So I was thoroughly confused and even disheartened. Those folks that I was in contact with in pms know this.

    I too am waiting for RS to be wrong about the next b'ette but with CH gushing about her at the WTA its really not likely that he is wrong. Still hoping though.

    Can't wait to see a happy Brad on monday !!!!!
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

  5. #4945
    FORT Fogey reality-luv31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    940

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    I am guilty of exactly the same thing. I wavered constantly for two reasons ... 1 RS previous track record and 2 each time there was a post regarding the possibility of Emily being the F1 there were counter arguments on here that boardered on the ridiculous. In other words, those posts were either shot down or buried with the Chantal love.

    As for me, all I could see was what was traditionally known as the physical edit for Chantal and saw Brad getting more and more emotionally attached to Emily. So I was thoroughly confused and even disheartened. Those folks that I was in contact with in pms know this.

    I too am waiting for RS to be wrong about the next b'ette but with CH gushing about her at the WTA its really not likely that he is wrong. Still hoping though.

    Can't wait to see a happy Brad on monday !!!!!
    I was kind of in that boat too. I wasn't confused, just tried to remain open to intelligent arguments for Chantal F1. It took me a while to commit. All the while, I kept seeing evidence pile up for Emily.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

  6. #4946
    FORT Regular Meatball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    144

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I stopped reading reading replies to answer your post.

    I had been sleuthing on other boards before I got here. When I got on this board, Blondie was a mentor in editing to me. In addition, behind the scenes she and I have worked some together.
    When she came out with her spoiler, I respected it. I PM'd her one question. With that answer, like other sleuthers, I started scrambling and looking for some answers and confirmation on my own - which I found completely independent of Reality Steve.

    It is no secret what I found. I immediately posted my results.
    Like basketball players who raise their hands when they have fouled to admit they are in error <wink>, at that time, I also admitted where, how, why, and up to what point I had come to some false conclusions.

    Without sounding arrogant ( I really hope), I do believe, I am right that Emily is indeed F1 based on not only the edit, but also edit stats.
    Bloomers I believe anything you post. The edit alone would throw Chantal under the bus, the language in the LCD is not F1 or hasn't been in the past.
    I beleive at the Nascar date Brad new he was "in it" with Emily for sure. His statement..If you want to go we'll go, we will all go. It was the look on his face just can't edit that. I am with you on Emily 110%. Thanks

  7. #4947
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva View Post
    We will never know the answer, and I doubt RS will ever directly answer this.
    First, how many sources did he have? Did the source that gave him a blow by blow date description as to who went on what and then itemized RC elimination(which was correct almost to the letter) then give him misinformation to the FRC? So were some of his sources dead right and then the others wrong? Again, we will never know.
    One thing I will say--we have to give credit where credit is due and be "big girls":
    RS got a lot right this year. A LOT. He did not look to a ouija board, or the magic 8 ball. He had sources that gave him this. I can't think of one other person who batted as well this season. And we can't take that a way from him as much as some would love to.
    Yes, he did not get the F1 right(at this point, I give Blondie the credit and go with Emily for the win), but he was misinformed. Have any of the other of us ever received misinformation...yes. So as far as that issue is concerned, I can get over it and go on. We did our own sleuthing and kept an open mind anyway.
    So it is what it is.
    Will I discuss his method of dealing with spoilers and his attitude? NO...that's beating a dead horse.
    RS was fed wrong information from the beginning and this is what the sleuthers have maintained from the beginning of the season. It was a blatant lie about the thanksgiving dinner and some of us came to grief because we refused to take RS's word for it.

    RS was wrong and ruined the sleuthing this season. Being misinformed does not excuse him. Some of us knew he was misinformed from the very beginning. No credit to a liar who misleads a whole group on the message boards and tabloids to believe his lies.

    The few who sleuthed barely scratched the surface because of all the spoilers and support of RS it felt very tedious wasting time to check scs and edits. When a little doubt was brought in by Litargic (sp), we were strengthened to sleuth irregardless of RS. Most of us were just sitting this season to see if RS was right or not. If he was, then TB was over for us as there was no possibility of sleuthing in the future. With RS being completely wrong, the sleuthing can get back to what it used to be. Blondigel burst the RS bubble and it is not because of her spoiler that some think Emily is F1. We knew from the first week that Chantal was NOT F1 and for about a month now, we have known Emily WAS F1 - without any spoilers and despite RS speaking to the contrary.

  8. #4948
    FORT Fogey nd4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Meatball View Post
    I beleive at the Nascar date Brad new he was "in it" with Emily for sure. His statement..If you want to go we'll go, we will all go. It was the look on his face just can't edit that. I am with you on Emily 110%. Thanks
    I had almost forgotten that - so true. That was one of the defining moments in Brads search. Plus the fact that he noticed that his Em was "off" when he was so busy with the racecar activities and the other girls spoke volumes to me.
    RS will just be a blogger like hundreds out there - hopefully FORT (not all but many) will stop taking him seriously and continue the great work that you'll do every season.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

  9. #4949
    FORT Fogey HotMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    RS was fed wrong information from the beginning and this is what the sleuthers have maintained from the beginning of the season. It was a blatant lie about the thanksgiving dinner and some of us came to grief because we refused to take RS's word for it.

    RS was wrong and ruined the sleuthing this season. The few who sleuthed barely scratched the surface because of all the spoilers and support of RS it felt very tedious wasting time to check scs and edits. When a little doubt was brought in by Litargic (sp), we were strengthened to sleuth irregardless of RS. Most of us were just sitting this season to see if RS was right or not. If he was, then TB was over for us as there was no possibility of sleuthing in the future. With RS being completely wrong, the sleuthing can get back to what it used to be. Blondigel burst the RS bubble and it is not because of her spoiler that some think Emily is F1. We knew from the first week that Chantal was NOT F1 and for about a month now, we have known Emily WAS F1 - without any spoilers and despite RS speaking to the contrary.
    ..
    Very well said..I am not the best sleuther but I sure did see what many of you excellent ones saw

  10. #4950
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    There are RS followers, and then there are sleuthers. You have said many times, to keep sleuthing even though RS spoiled that Chantal was the F1. However, the majority sided with RS, the sleuthers continued sleuthing. Just have a look at pbmax's post, she never waivered once. Some of us, and I am guilty of it, left her out here on her own, because it became Chantal vs Emily, where in reality, it was just RS vs Sleuthers trying to prove their findings.

    There were plenty of reasons right here on this board, which I'm sure RS checks frequently, to give him the opportunity to maybe start realizing that he was being Fleissed, if he would have thought about it for a minute, rather than just waiting for a cuzillion sources (and a cuzillion hits to his site), to confirm something, where those cuzillion sources may all be Fleiss minions. He did not take that opportunity and continued to ensure with 100% for sure, no doubt about it, that Chantal was the F1 and Emily was the next 'ette if she wanted it. Sleuthers carried on.

    With regards to the bolded, IMO, and I don't know for sure, just speculating, he found out that Chantal was seen with a guy in a park as I recall, right about the same time BlondieGal confirmed Emily was the F1. He had big news for several days, BG outscooped him then he switched like Lith predicted.

    So, wrong on the F1, wrong on the 'ette if she wants it, and I'm waiting for the 3rd wrong, Ashely H as the next 'ette.
    Yes, I guess your post sums up this season. I knew from the very begining through the editing that Chantal was not F1. In the process of elimination, I concluded Emily as F1 as she had the classic F|1 edit and Chantal had the classic F2 edit. The formula never changed for the F4. Ashley is the sweet girl next door and Shawntel is the stranger he kissed. Hopefully more emphasis will be put on sleuthing next season.
    Last edited by Living; 03-10-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.