Page 42 of 628 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142542 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Steve Spoilers

Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4141555;
    Don't get me wrong, he definitely has a healthy ego (ahem), but IMO he's smart enough to put actual money ahead of it, which is why I don't believe he'd be making up who the F1 was just to say it unless he knew who it was. Obviously, we'll see.
    He knew the ending with Ali too... although I admit he was a little forced to tip his hand early, but still... if the sources are the same, then the same error is possible
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;4141448;
    RS has a new column up. Corrects his info on the dates Sarah and Madison were on.
    Hiya chaslom! Will you please do me the personal favor of posting regularly, and OFTEN ?!? Your avi still takes my breath away ...

On to the discussion at hand, I guess we all look for different things from RS. As far as I'm concerned, he was right about last season's ending. He knew very early on that Chris left at F2 and it was Roberto or nobody. And it WAS Roberto or nobody. It wasn't any of the other 24 guys. I don't need all the i's dotted and t's crossed. Kasha is right, RS is right way more than he's wrong. That's good enough for me. Love him or hate him, he's the best we've got for giving us spoilers without any sleuthing at all. Don't like his attitude? Don't read his column. Don't want the spoilers? Post on the non-spoiler side.

People hound him for spoilers until he finally spills with what he has at the moment, then he has to go back with corrections when he's made aware of them -- so people can hound him for being wrong about minor details. Until RS gets the identity of the F1 wrong, as in saying Chantal is the F1 and in reality it's one of the 29 others, he's golden in spoiler-land.

And, he did not start his spoiling with the intention of bringing ABC or TheBach franchise down. He thrives on it. He's about 99% ego and gets off on being 'the first' with the scoop. If the show went away, what would he have to crow about? No, RS and ABC/MF have a mutually beneficial relationship, warped as it may be.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4141563;
    Hiya chaslom! Will you please do me the personal favor of posting regularly, and OFTEN ?!? Your avi still takes my breath away ...

On to the discussion at hand, I guess we all look for different things from RS. As far as I'm concerned, he was right about last season's ending. He knew very early on that Chris left at F2 and it was Roberto or nobody. And it WAS Roberto or nobody. It wasn't any of the other 24 guys. I don't need all the i's dotted and t's crossed. Kasha is right, RS is right way more than he's wrong. That's good enough for me. Love him or hate him, he's the best we've got for giving us spoilers without any sleuthing at all. Don't like his attitude? Don't read his column. Don't want the spoilers? Post on the non-spoiler side.

People hound him for spoilers until he finally spills with what he has at the moment, then he has to go back with corrections when he's made aware of them -- so people can hound him for being wrong about minor details. Until RS gets the identity of the F1 wrong, as in saying Chantal is the F1 and in reality it's one of the 29 others, he's golden in spoiler-land.

And, he did not start his spoiling with the intention of bringing ABC or TheBach franchise down. He thrives on it. He's about 99% ego and gets off on being 'the first' with the scoop. If the show went away, what would he have to crow about? No, RS and ABC/MF have a mutually beneficial relationship, warped as it may be.
    I disagree about him being right last season since he said "no one" way louder, more obnoxiously, and more frequently than the "or Roberto" part, but overall ITA with you. He got a few minor details wrong here or there, but I don't see it as a big deal or think that since he got a date wrong, it means he's wrong about something major. YMMV.

BTW, Alexxxx, I love when you saw what I want to say but much better. You rock!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

It's funny how both ABC and RS complain about the other, when they both know very well they're mutually dependent...

Alexxxx! I'm really excited for this season! I was going to change it to one of this season but I will leave it for awhile so you can enjoy it! lol

I wanted to comment that your post is exactly how I feel as well. I think RS has it right once again and I personally don't mind knowing ahead of time who he picks. For once I can actually look forward to a finale and watch it without being disappointed.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4141570;
    I disagree about him being right last season since he said "no one" way louder, more obnoxiously, and more frequently than the "or Roberto" part, but overall ITA with you. He got a few minor details wrong here or there, but I don't see it as a big deal or think that since he got a date wrong, it means he's wrong about something major. YMMV.

BTW, Alexxxx, I love when you saw what I want to say but much better. You rock!
    Thanks, Alanna.

I hear ya about the 'or nobody' prediction, and I know your opinion is held by the majority. I guess that's what I mean about what we are all looking for from RS. Last season the only contestant I gave a rip about was Chris. I knew his fate very early on, so it didn't matter to me whether she chose Roberto or not. Make sense?

So far this season I like everybody reportedly in the F4. It would be nice if they would give us a nice, straightforward love story to the FRC, but that's kinda like asking the Grinch for Christmas presents.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4141576;

Thanks, Alanna.

I hear ya about the 'or nobody' prediction, and I know your opinion is held by the majority. I guess that's what I mean about what we are all looking for from RS. Last season the only contestant I gave a rip about was Chris. I knew his fate very early on, so it didn't matter to me whether she chose Roberto or not. Make sense?

So far this season I like everybody reportedly in the F4. It would be nice if they would give us a nice, straightforward love story to the FRC, but that's kinda like asking the Grinch for Christmas presents.

However if it's anyone but Chantal, they've gotten off to a nice, noncontroversial start, and established a decent connection the first ep... so it's still possible... although I'm not holding my breath lol

So very nicely put!
    You said it much better and more succinct than I could have, so kudos!
    Once upon a time I would come here with spoilers. To be honest--what grief! For many reasons I won't go into. SO --I for one am tickled pink the onus is on someone else who comes up with much more than I could or did. I can sit back and watch the ridiculousness of the show as I feel it was intended. Every once in a while the sleuthing bug takes over, but--not so much! And if I come upon something juicy--and I do, I think long and hard before posting publicly. Steve can do it. (and he will)
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

RS gets his infromation from insiders and he verifies it by collaboration not by looking at pictures ABC has released for "proof" like we do. I too think he reads FORT and Jokers, but mostly he has people practically dying to give him information. There are many FORTers who feed him information from what we find here, same with Jokers.

Somewhere along the line, he got bad information last time about Ali - or at least he did not get enough collaboration from other sources to change his mind.

I find it interesting that the information he has printed is a bit sparce when the show leaves the country. He knows the basics, but he has not much information about Costa Rica, Anguilla, and almost none about South Africa. Same is true for HTDs so I assume that he will continue to have additional information as the season goes along. The basic bones of the show, he knows.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;4141612;
    RS gets his infromation from insiders and he verifies it by collaboration not by looking at pictures ABC has released for "proof" like we do. I too think he reads FORT and Jokers, but mostly he has people practically dying to give him information. There are many FORTers who feed him information from what we find here, same with Jokers.

Somewhere along the line, he got bad information last time about Ali - or at least he did not get enough collaboration from other sources to change his mind.

I find it interesting that the information he has printed is a bit sparce when the show leaves the country. He knows the basics, but he has not much information about Costa Rica, Anguilla, and almost none about South Africa. Same is true for HTDs so I assume that he will continue to have additional information as the season goes along. The basic bones of the show, he knows.
    Great, so since he has a blog and we have a thread to his name on Fort, we can continue to diss him here. We do not all have to hold him sacred as he is not to some of us. Being on Fort we can all voice our opinions freely within the subject. RS is still scum. I wonder what more dirt he will have on the contestants.