Thread: Reality Steve Spoilers

Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;4182488;
    [/B][/B]Not being snarky here, but private jet is the easy part. They would need a private landing strip and have to file flight plans and a control tower. If it were in the middle of nowhere maybe it could be done but not at the supposed location in my book.
    Many seasons have come and gone where the F1 and the lead have met up – we have to presume that they have flown on a jet, separately, into an airport and whisked away in secrecy to the safe house – and not once in all these years has anyone ever leaked even one of those incidents. Whether or not it was MF’s or Mr. O’Brien’s private jet – all the same information/MOs would’ve been used to keep the details under wraps.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;4181597;
    ...To the second concept: I forget what season it was that JLCCAZ found the sc of TPTB with the storyboard outlining dates of the season and a loose storyline. But it was certainly years ago. ....
    Going into the season, there is not a storyboard as anyone in the industry would understand that term. I didn't ever have a photo of anything suggesting storyline. There is simply what we all can see and reason exists -- eight weeks of filming of necessity scouted and planned weeks in advance for 1:1, group, 2:1, etc. The dates are often picked with certain cast members in mind, but that too is as plain as the nose on Brad's face (Stephanie has a child, let's go to Lego Land).

Sorry to steer from your actul (valid) point, but this is one tiny acorn (that they storyboard plot) that I wish had never grown into an oak. What they do do:

1. Pick interesting cast
    2. Choose dates/scout locations
    3. Film interactions with the F6, and the group (serve lots of alcohol)
    4. Suggest conversation topics and body positions and venues during filming
    5. Pay starter level wages to contract workers to take copious notes, log, index everything that happens on film
    6. Have lots of meetings among senior people to block out story from what happened on film, using the logs and notes-- this creates a story of not just who wins and how to show why, but a story arc and unifying thesis (Brad's Redemption, Conquering Fears or what have you)
    7. Edit that, adapting as you go, to take into account how each episode will be pitched/promoted as must watch TV
    8. Building in suspense, doubt in who is picked is a significant element, because "who will win" is one of the main pillars of getting/sustaining audience (as well as "show me the love story," but less so).

So, episode 1 (and maybe more) is usually being edited while they are still filming last episodes. It's a very, very fluid process, always hoping for the spontaneous raw emotion.

Spoilers don't matter or really figure in, though the enterprise depends upon staffers and cast respecting and fearing their agreements, so they have to flex muscle and threaten every now and then.
    Last edited by jlccaz; 02-07-2011 at 11:45 AM.

FORT Regular

I just listened to an interview that Brad had w/ 95.7 "Kidd Kraddick In The Morning Interviews The Bachelor" It is apparent to me by this interview that he didnt pick Emily & he said he met Reality Steve once & he is a great guy & he knowsd his stuff, not that he s confirming or denying, but he knows the dates breakdown, etc. It sounded like he pretty much said he didnt pick Emily. I also remember the 1 on 1 with chantal & Brad & they are saying Chantel & Brad always have rain on all of their dates...I do remember on their 1st date when it rainted Brad said oh look Romantic Rain coming & Chantel said it is good luck & later she said thank you God for the rain & Brad said no kidding. If you look back @ Chantel & Brad interaction with eachother it is just sooo real. They are so comfortable & playful & he even said after their 1st 1 on 1 that he just wanted to grab Chantels hand & runaway & said this is crazy. He doesnt act this way w/any of the others girls. JMO!@

Hm, who posted those darkish photos years back, the one in the garage with the pictures hanging of each contestant? Does anyone still have that? Just curious to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking;4182480;
    i have to generally disagree with notion that somehow MF and ABC "need" Reality Steve in order to make the show successful or to get people talking about the show. Do you think if they need publicity that they are not capable to leaking it themselves?! They don't need RS pass info to US weekly - they can do it themselves. As far as I am concerned RS is a cocky idiot and thinks he knows it all...it would not surprise me in the least if MF and co. can't stand him I would love nothing more than to knock him down and peg or two.
    I completely agree. The average viewer has never heard of Reality Steve, does not read message boards, and may or may not read Us Weekly. I really don't believe that Steve has any affect on the ratings at all. They can easily get publicity without a spoiler blog. Their numbers jumped after the Melissa/Molly/Jason scandal but it wasn't because of Steve - it was because of the massive media coverage.

Also, I really dislike the way RS talks about his readers. He is cocky and condescending and his reader email responses are positively vicious. He thinks of anyone who reads or posts on message boards as losers and freely says so - the very people who are padding his wallet by visiting his site. It makes me ill. Not to mention the constant references to former contestants that he calls his friends. The self aggrandizing comments really start to get old after a while.

As for whether he will be wrong again... I don't know. I can say that I trust the sleuths here fare more than I do him. I might be a new poster here, but I've been a reader and lurker for some time and I am impressed by what I've seen. RS simply reports what he is being fed, but you guys use your wit and skill to uncover the truth, and I respect that far more than someone who is simply spilling what he's told, tabloid style.
    visit me at www.torrent-invites.com

If you want to watch Brad's first season and haven't seen it, contact me. I can show you where to get it.

To Ryvetted: Roz tPapa alked about this in her RS interview last season (thanks to old BlondieGal post for the qutoe) --

This is from the interview and discusses the storyline ~

Feb 25, 2009

Interview between Rozlyn Papa and Reality Steve

Roz ~ They have a story room in the house. I think that they have several rooms in the house that are blocked off from cast members. And basically it is just a room full of producers and editors that go ..um.. see what's going on in the house. There are cameras everywhere, and they are checking that out, figuring out what girl they want to go where, what they want them to talk about, and... um... what the storyline will be... so....

RS ~ For each girl, like if... I have heard this before, somebody actually a former contestant from past seasons, I think that he was on Meredith's season of the Bachelorette. She was actually Bachelorette number two. He went on a radio show and I actually listened to it online. This guy admitted 'Hey, I walked into a storyboards room one time, and it's every girl's headshot, and this like timeline for for each girl written out on where they went out on their date, which date they're on,' um you know, so basically you are just confirming what that guy has said, that there is stuff written out in advance, uh for each girl.

Roz ~ Yeah, I did not walk into one of those story rooms, but... um... I did see a paper that was my storyline on it.... that had my name at the top and it went over.... It's funny because before I went on the show I talked to one of the female producers, and they asked all these questions and one of them was like you know "What do you dislike about yourself?" And I said something about my skinny legs. And so for some reason on this storyline, on this sheet of paper, it said Rozlyn Papa and you know she's a mom of a seven year old boy, and dislikes her skinny legs in bold letters for some reason. And then it also said ... um... this season's Wes.. question mark. And that was before anything even happened.

RS ~ Wow!

Roz ~ So yeah so that was, I mean was pretty sure that was planned to some degree.

(on to other parts of interview)

FORT sun

oh rats, RS spoiled the whole net. what a bore. sorry but it is more fun when the ending is alittle unknown, and not in your face. Thanks RS for taking all the fun out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;4182661;
    To Ryvetted: Roz tPapa alked about this in her RS interview last season (thanks to old BlondieGal post for the qutoe) --
    I was thinking about an older season where we actually saw photos of a storyboard much like you posted Someone got a hold of them and posted them here...Jason's maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;4182708;
    I was thinking about an older season where we actually saw photos of a storyboard much like you posted Someone got a hold of them and posted them here...Jason's maybe.
    I was thinking it was Matt & Shayne's season? could be Jason though they truly start to run into another

Quote Originally Posted by eclark;4182706;
    oh rats, RS spoiled the whole net. what a bore. sorry but it is more fun when the ending is alittle unknown, and not in your face. Thanks RS for taking all the fun out of it.
    I know what you mean, there's really no way of avoiding the spoilers unless you stay off the boards through the run of the season. And what fun is that? Half the fun of the show is talking about it with friends.

But I have to ask -- why are you on a spoiler board if you don't like them? Just wondering.
    visit me at www.torrent-invites.com

If you want to watch Brad's first season and haven't seen it, contact me. I can show you where to get it.