Thread: Reality Steve Spoilers

Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ryvetted;4181717;
    maybe her earlier casting, the producers had chris l. In mind and wanted a certain type of girl.

Maybe they told her that, and after brad signed up they went back and contacted chantal to round out the 30 girls (and she was one of the extra 5).
    i find it difficult to believe that there was a prior arrangement between brad and the obriens. Wasn't brad a last minute, unexpected replacement. Does not sound like there was a lot of lead up time. I personally watched this season because it is brad. I watched last time and really respected his choice, especially after deanna clearly laid out her expectations of complete control over her spouse and home in the last date.

I am not sure that i will bother watching emily if she is next. I am sure she is a wonderful person and mother. I have some questions about meeting a man this way, with no real background information or learning about him and then introducing him to my young vulnerable daughter. As well i don't find her that charasmatic and don't know if she could really carry a whole show. This is likely a direct result of her poor edit to date. They have not shown us who she is, just her back story.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;4181649;
    Look, the business of TV will tell you the truth about this show every time. More than body language in screencaps or statements like "in the spring there will be growth," that's for sure! I must remember to petition for a thread next time, so boardies who want to imagine unicorns and lollipops and rainbows don't have to suffer through my real politik all the time!

Cold hard facts:

(1) Emily signed with Mark Block, an important agent in Nashville to pursue television.

(2) She got cast on The Bachelor.

(3) Her edit is thus far setting her up to be Memorable and Appealing.

(4) The Bachelor cast has become the Farm Team for other properties in the Disney/ABC or Warner Brothers corporate families:
    -- Extra TV appearances (for low end of talent -- Deanna, Tenley)
    -- local news shows (Ali)
    -- Extreme Home Makeover and Good Morning America (for "America's Sweetheart types)
    -- The Bachelor Pad (for the "gone wild" types)
    -- Blogging or vlogging at the Warner Bros. website

This is nothing more than the studio system*, or on TV, what Walt Disney did going back to the Mickey Mouse Club. Stars are made. They still do it on Nick and Disney with Miley/Hannah Montana, the whole cast of High School Musical, etc.

I don't think, incidentally, that this plain-as-the-nose-on-Brad's-face reality, is a scandal or a scoop or tabloid fodder.

If love happens along the way, it is secondary to the Business of TV.

We aren't watching people date. We are watching network television.

Most of their conversations revolve around whether to film a TV Proposal and bring that upon themselves, not whether to "get engaged" or married. Deanna panicked when Graham left because that's who she wanted to launch a TV Engagement with, not marry!

Brad sized Deanna up perfectly last time - she wanted to use her looks and fame to have a career on television, not settle down as a wife in Austin, Texas. He didn't want to be sported around on her arm as half of some fake couple for 6 months. I respect the heck out of him for that!

Finally, OF COURSE, the business of TV applies equally to Chantal. It is just a little hard to sleuth her agenda for the show or contract terms. Maybe she wants to be on TV, maybe not. We won't be able to tell until we see what happens after March finale airs. Maybe she will settle into Brad's family life in Austin, maybe she will look for TV gigs. You have to be suspicious of anyone who tries really hard to get on the show. Period.

**wiki definition of studio system
    thanks now there's the answer to my question as to why Emily moved to Nashville. Isn't it funny how as time passes all the pieces to the puzzle start to come together
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4181765;
    thanks now there's the answer to my question as to why Emily moved to Nashville. Isn't it funny how as time passes all the pieces to the puzzle start to come together
    Isn't it though!!!! Even with all the misdirection being fed to us!!! Thanks
    Karey

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;4181814;
    Isn't it though!!!! Even with all the misdirection being fed to us!!! Thanks
    Karey

Her friend that is here answered the question, Emily move because she needed a change of scenery and she only spend 1 yr there, and while she was there she work as a realtor.

Quote Originally Posted by George1218;4181898;
    Don't worry about what people say about Emily, unfortunately it is part of the game. From what you and Entertaining Angels have said about her she seems like a wonderful person and great mother. Just remember, you know the real Emily no matter what anyone who doesn't know her thinks! Please tell Emily that there are a lot of people who think alot about her and aren't going to judge her based on what someone else says. I know it is all part of the show but I don't think anyone has the right to judge someone unless you have lived in their shoes.

Sorry, getting off my soapbox.

I agree, I wince when ever I see the outright bashing of Emily based on rumors and the famous Bachelor edit. We dont know her. Why do we need to be so hateful? From what I've been told this happens every season but why?

The bashing of Chantel bothers me to. We are hearing rumors that the crap is going to hit the fan but until we know what and who it's about it's all speculation.

RS is well aware that he stirs the pot with FORT and I'm sure he's laughing his butt off about it.

Quote Originally Posted by draven31;4181967;
    I agree, I wince when ever I see the outright bashing of Emily based on rumors and the famous Bachelor edit. We dont know her. Why do we need to be so hateful? From what I've been told this happens every season but why?

The bashing of Chantel bothers me to. We are hearing rumors that the crap is going to hit the fan but until we know what and who it's about it's all speculation.

RS is well aware that he stirs the pot with FORT and I'm sure he's laughing his butt off about it.

In all fairness, we don't need RS to be snarky, hateful, loveable, gushy, ignorant or smart...we did fine without him all the seasons before he started his spoilers and just did his blog.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;4181980;
    In all fairness, we don't need RS to be snarky, hateful, loveable, gushy, ignorant or smart...we did fine without him all the seasons before he started his spoilers and just did his blog.
    Exactly! I remember all the above with the Sadie/Jen/Plo season as well! I don't remember even hearing about RS then, we were too busy comparing hand shots!

With the sleuthing ability that is on fort I have yet to understand why a lot of stock is put in him. He's a pesky fly and isn't going away but if he isn't given credence or a thread of his own he shouldn't be a bother. He know people are going to hang on to his every word so "pop goes the weasel".

When I found this board (during the Jason/Melissa/Molly season) I had no idea who RS was. I would see mentions about this blogger who had found out who was going to be chosen , I checked out his page. The clues were confusing but everybody here kept on sleuthing. SDL gave us wonderful info. It was fun. We knew the ending.

Of course knowing the ending was the only thing that kept my from throwing my tv out the window during the ATFR. I didn't watch another season until now. These days RS has gotten a huge ego loves to go on and on about nothing before getting to the point.

That said, I understand the snarky comments but doesn't mean it doesn't bother me a little. The really nice and helpful people on here offset the nasty ones so I can have fun reading all this stuff..

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

This is the REALITY STEVE thread and NOT the Emily, Chantal and why people go on TV thread.

Please bring it back to REALITY STEVE SPOILERS.

You may take the other conversations to the F1, etc. thread or Edit; wherever they belong.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)