Thread: Reality Steve Spoilers

Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;4181597;
    Gone are the days of just scouting out prospectives.
    I remember when I lived in L.A. producers approached my friend and me in the mall and asked us if we wanted to be on the bachelor. My friend is an actress and immediately said no, but I'm ashamed I considered it for all of two minutes... that was about five or six years ago though. I wonder if they still have to scout like that?

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;4181588;
    I think it's like other's above have said...WE know that, but the majority of viewers who just watch the show for how it's presented don't. I could see where proof that it was like this would be shocking to the average Joe, or Joanne. Again, I wouldn't be shocked because that's all I see with Emily...a prelude to her stint on The Bachelorette.
    Except this has already been done in past seasons, and it was made public. I can't remember which Bachelor, could have been Jake or Jason, that it was discovered and published that he had applied to be the Bachelor, and they casted him for TB'ette first, then TB.

All of the b'ettes have come from being on TB, since the beginning. It has only been since Jason that the bachelors came out of B'ette. I don't think the viewing public would care, they are used to the recycle of both B'ette's and Bachelors.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jenna;4181608;
    I remember when I lived in L.A. producers approached my friend and me in the mall and asked us if we wanted to be on the bachelor. My friend is an actress and immediately said no, but I'm ashamed I considered it for all of two minutes... that was about five or six years ago though. I wonder if they still have to scout like that?
    They do it every which way. The nominations, keeping their eyes out, seeking out particular types, working with agents (such as Mark Block), etc.

You used to hear Leads say that the casting process was tailored to them in the old days more often. But now, it seems they are casting for Entertainment Value first and foremost. It's not as if the "Matchmaking" agenda was yielding successful couples, after all!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jenna;4181574;
    Yup, that's what I meant when I speculated that Emily was cast specifically so she could do the Bachelorette. Brad knowing about it though... that would be an interesting twist. The set up for it is soooo obvious that even people who aren't invested in the show like we are, can see the edit for what it is - a perfect lead up for next season. Also, I don't think they want to be left scrambling for a lead like they were last season when Chris L. shocked them by saying no (I had so much respect for that choice, he is a real man.) So it would make perfect sense that ABC would find a woman in advance to be the next sweetheart or darling of the season and sign her for the Bachelorette. While it might not shock us, it will definitely shock those that don't read the boards. My mom for instance will be heartbroken, lol, to find out this show isn't real.

There are definitely clues pointing towards a Chantal O. scandal though. Someone mentioned something about placement during the rose ceremony hinting at who is F1 and F2. I am new here, so forgive me but its hard to search through thousands of posts... would you make my life easier and explain? Or just point to where I can read about it? Thanks in advance.

Honestly I wish Reality Steve would just tell us what he knows. I highly doubt he's keeping it to himself out of any sense of integrity or a desire not to be a tabloid. That's exactly what his site is anyway. Sometimes I wonder if he actually knows anything at all.
    The sleuthers here leave no rock unturned and have fun with things like the order they get out of the limo and where they stand and when. It is more about fun and seeking coinsidence. This cannot be arranged by production as they dont know who the Bach will choose until things get underway and even then a few have been undecided until late in the game.

I do not believe they cast women to be the next Bette. Ratings are the game and they will not know who the public favors until the show plays out. It is pretty routine that that give first refusal to F2 and go from there if they get a no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;4181610;
    Except this has already been done in past seasons, and it was made public. I can't remember which Bachelor, could have been Jake or Jason, that it was discovered and published that he had applied to be the Bachelor, and they casted him for TB'ette first, then TB.

All of the b'ettes have come from being on TB, since the beginning. It has only been since Jason that the bachelors came out of B'ette. I don't think the viewing public would care, they are used to the recycle of both B'ette's and Bachelors.
    BUT,what if the spin is that Brad knew that Emily was cast to be the next bachlorette and that all their interaction is just for all intent and purpose a fraud, I would say that, that would somewhat rock the franchise, it would feel that it all was a setup for every season imo....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;4181618;
    BUT,what if the spin is that Brad knew that Emily was cast to be the next bachlorette and that all their interaction is just for all intent and purpose a fraud, I would say that, that would somewhat rock the franchise, it would feel that it all was a setup for every season imo....
    I agree that's the difference. If the lead knows going in that this bette is off limits, she's only here to be the next lead, you must keep her until the end, and we'll give her an edit that guarantees she'll be the fan favorite -- that's scandal-worthy to the casual viewing audience.

I don't think that's what happened with Jason. It came out that he wanted to be the Bach and had to do DeAnna's season of B'ette first, but I think he ended up in the top 4 on his own. TPTB moved him from F4 to F2 after the Graham shake up. By then they knew fan reaction to him and wanted him for the next lead.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

As nice of a guy as Brad seems to be, he is on this show for a reason (whatever his reason may be) and he will do what he's told to do by TPTB. His primary concern is his own redemption and, if he did in fact fall in "love", the preservation of that "relationship", not whether or not casting is done for unscrupulous reasons. I think he will probably escape the viewers rath - it will be the show concept as a whole that will take a hit.

Look, the business of TV will tell you the truth about this show every time. More than body language in screencaps or statements like "in the spring there will be growth," that's for sure! I must remember to petition for a thread next time, so boardies who want to imagine unicorns and lollipops and rainbows don't have to suffer through my real politik all the time!

Cold hard facts:

(1) Emily signed with Mark Block, an important agent in Nashville to pursue television.

(2) She got cast on The Bachelor.

(3) Her edit is thus far setting her up to be Memorable and Appealing.

(4) The Bachelor cast has become the Farm Team for other properties in the Disney/ABC or Warner Brothers corporate families:
    -- Extra TV appearances (for low end of talent -- Deanna, Tenley)
    -- local news shows (Ali)
    -- Extreme Home Makeover and Good Morning America (for "America's Sweetheart types)
    -- The Bachelor Pad (for the "gone wild" types)
    -- Blogging or vlogging at the Warner Bros. website

This is nothing more than the studio system*, or on TV, what Walt Disney did going back to the Mickey Mouse Club. Stars are made. They still do it on Nick and Disney with Miley/Hannah Montana, the whole cast of High School Musical, etc.

I don't think, incidentally, that this plain-as-the-nose-on-Brad's-face reality, is a scandal or a scoop or tabloid fodder.

If love happens along the way, it is secondary to the Business of TV.

We aren't watching people date. We are watching network television.

Most of their conversations revolve around whether to film a TV Proposal and bring that upon themselves, not whether to "get engaged" or married. Deanna panicked when Graham left because that's who she wanted to launch a TV Engagement with, not marry!

Brad sized Deanna up perfectly last time - she wanted to use her looks and fame to have a career on television, not settle down as a wife in Austin, Texas. He didn't want to be sported around on her arm as half of some fake couple for 6 months. I respect the heck out of him for that!

Finally, OF COURSE, the business of TV applies equally to Chantal. It is just a little hard to sleuth her agenda for the show or contract terms. Maybe she wants to be on TV, maybe not. We won't be able to tell until we see what happens after March finale airs. Maybe she will settle into Brad's family life in Austin, maybe she will look for TV gigs. You have to be suspicious of anyone who tries really hard to get on the show. Period.

**wiki definition of studio system

The studio system was a means of film production and distribution dominant in Hollywood from the early 1920s through the 1950s. The term studio system refers to the practice of large motion picture studios (a) producing movies primarily on their own filmmaking lots with creative personnel under often long-term contract and (b) pursuing vertical integration through ownership or effective control of distributors and movie theaters, guaranteeing additional sales of films through manipulative booking techniques
    Last edited by jlccaz; 02-06-2011 at 01:45 PM.

FORT Fan

Exactly on this, imagine how Chantal would feel if Brad knew of this but still pursued a "physical" interaction with Emily...of course this would only be for the show and to play the roles!

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;4181629;
    ANd I don't think Jason knew. He seemed pretty upset when Deanna dumped him.
    As far as setups go Reality Steve confirmed on a recent internet radio site that DeAnna said to him that she was never more than a friend with Jason. I'm reminded of the photo of Jason, DeAnna and Jesse taken at the filming of the ATFR during that season. He didn't look at all heartbroken.