Thread: Reality Steve Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;4181564;
    the thing is the 'scandal' involves a lot of people from what i understand. if it's about emily then what about everyone else.
    Here's what I would like to see -- somebody come forward with proof, as in a contract, stating Emily's appearance this season guarantees her the next lead, and another one laying out Michelle's duties as the villain this season. And whatever else was pre-planned this season.

Somehow, I think TPTB are better than that at keeping their dirty little secrets hidden, they've had a lot of practice.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;4181575;
    TPTB would never make leads out of a snarky female bartender (DeAnna), an emotional divorced dad (Jason), a tomboyish restaurant designer (Jillian), a short actor/pilot (Jake) and a FB account person (Ali) without showcasing them first. This wouldn't be chocking to anyone.

Wait a minute. Maybe STeve is going to lay it all out like I just did above. That would make the "numbers" and "train over a tricycle" clues come together.
    I think it's like other's above have said...WE know that, but the majority of viewers who just watch the show for how it's presented don't. I could see where proof that it was like this would be shocking to the average Joe, or Joanne. Again, I wouldn't be shocked because that's all I see with Emily...a prelude to her stint on The Bachelorette.

FORT Fanatic

Yeah, I think we sometimes forget that the vast majority of viewers of this show, just watch it on Monday night, and then forget about it til the next Monday night. They aren't into message boards, spoilers, sleuthing, or any of that. We are a very very small portion of the viewership. What wouldn't be shocking to us after all these years, would be very shocking to a casual viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4181582;
    Here's what I would like to see -- somebody come forward with proof, as in a contract, stating Emily's appearance this season guarantees her the next lead, and another one laying out Michelle's duties as the villain this season. And whatever else was pre-planned this season.

Somehow, I think TPTB are better than that at keeping their dirty little secrets hidden, they've had a lot of practice.
    exactly. i don't think we're going to get any proof whatsoever. whatever the big thing is i think it will be a he said/ she said thing which is typical of tabloid journalism. tptb aren't letting anything like that get out there.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;4181588;
    I think it's like other's above have said...WE know that, but the majority of viewers who just watch the show for how it's presented don't. I could see where proof that it was like this would be shocking to the average Joe, or Joanne.
    Again, I wouldn't be shocked because that's all I see with Emily...a prelude to her stint on The Bachelorette.
    Very nicely stated. Succinct!
    To the first concept: Exactly. Most of the people I talk about regarding this show who are not FORTERS-- It's like I am a vampire and they are holding out a cross or garlic or both. They don't want to know any spoilers, don't want me to tempt them. Nuh uhhhhh!!!! They are not going to want to hear news if it is what the first bolded above speculates. Those are the masses enjoying the show for the show.

To the second concept: I forget what season it was that JLCCAZ found the sc of TPTB with the storyboard outlining dates of the season and a loose storyline. But it was certainly years ago.
    Do we expect MF did not keep up with the times and stay one or several steps ahead with his own polishing techniques? Look how social media has advanced by leaps and bounds just with this show in the last couple years.
    Gone are the days of just a poster board with an outline of dates on it. Gone are the days of just scouting out prospectives. Gone are the days of casting Shayne Llamas.
    MF and Team Shark Jumpers have evolved.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

I think what would be shocking, in light of the theory that someone will expose Emily as having gone into Brad's show knowing she will be the next B'ette, is that it would make a mockery of any connection the editors will try to show between them. I have been thinking too about Lithurgic's friend saying "all is not as it seems" and more recently that something will be revealed in two weeks. So...if we were to see a real deep connection between Emily and Brad, a closer and more physical connection that will lead viewers, who already love her to bits, to be firmly convinced she is the F1...and then it comes out (with proof I would hope, cause unsubstantiated rumours are stupid and pointless) that she is just playing a part and nothing we see between them is real, well that would be shocking and not just because of the current show, but also because many people then would not believe her during her own show either, and would be questioning everything. It could also make sense of the train riding over the bicycle comment, in that Emily would be the bicycle and the train would be the tabloid onslaught. Add in Michelle Money and her acting ability, and possibly something about Brad perhaps also knowing the score when he starts the season, and it is a bit of a scandal.

I, for one, would hate to have that happen. I don't think Emily would deserve the backlash because it's not her fault the editors have chosen to portray her as so perfect that she has a long way to tumble from the pedestal they put her on. And also because as a FORTer I know that most of the show is, very loosely, reality, and selfishly I want the show to continue despite it's flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4181546;
    Based on what I have already told everybody about where Chantal is standing in the group picture and the first RC on the very first night - way before Brad had time to get to know her - I would think that maybe if there is going to be any hooplah about a set-up with the cast - pre-casting, etc., it would be that they set-up Chantal to be F1 from the absolute, very get go that first night, and Brad just happened to fall in love with her anyway. You can forget "the first 1-1 or an early group date".

Maybe they set up Emily to be F2 also. She is also standing in the F2 spot in the 2nd RC position along with most of the previous F2s from the past seasons going back to Matt's season which is far back as I have the pictures of the RCs.
    This theory only works if every single edition of the show you recite was a set-up, and that's not factual.

My friend emailed RS asking point blank if Brantal are still engaged and Steve said Yes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MelFan;4181600;
    My friend emailed RS asking point blank if Brantal are still engaged and Steve said Yes.
    That's good news!
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by MelFan;4181600;
    Good, that leaves RS plenty of time to pick out his bridesmaid's dress. I think his coloring will go nicely with lavendar.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.