Thread: Reality Steve Spoilers

  1. #991
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,404

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;4178873;
    The way he talks about it makes it sound as if there's something which implicates the entire cast at the same time. I believe he is talking about the script. Everybody has a part. Everybody has agreed to their role. The script was leaked to the press. The only person who will benefit from the leak is Michelle.
    Which I don’t find scandalous – I remember Roz spilling stuff about walking into a room at the mans and seeing things like storyboards with pictures of the contestants and other things. Most of the free world knows that most reality shows are scripted to a point. Then there are the few who want to believe this is all real – like Santa Claus.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  2. #992
    FORT Fogey albean99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;4178873;
    The way he talks about it makes it sound as if there's something which implicates the entire cast at the same time. I believe he is talking about the script. Everybody has a part. Everybody has agreed to their role. The script was leaked to the press. The only person who will benefit from the leak is Michelle.
    I just don't see it. For one thing Brad isn't a good actor and we've seen flashes of real feelings this season. I do think they picked Emily because of her story and hope that she'll do the Bachelorette just as they wanted Chris L last season. Of course they didn't know they wanted him from the beginning so that's different. I don't think they have to have scripts or hire actors. They cast the drama queens or those who want publicity like Michelle. She's actually gone from being dramatic in an annoying way to being funny because she's so out there. They don't need scripts because they have have producers and editing to steer things the way they want but leaves the possibility that something unintended might end up being golden (in their eyes).

    I have no idea what's supposed to cause the show to lose credibility because I didn't think it had any. It might be as simple as the Idol blogger who thought she was leaking behind the scenes spoilers that would hurt the show when it was not all that big of a deal. Most people had figured out that stuff already.

  3. #993
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,404

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4178982;
    I have no idea what's supposed to cause the show to lose credibility because I didn't think it had any. It might be as simple as the Idol blogger who thought she was leaking behind the scenes spoilers that would hurt the show when it was not all that big of a deal. Most people had figured out that stuff already.
    that's the whole thing right there - does anyone really take this show seriously enough anymore to queston its credibility? I never thought it had any to begin with - the whole concept is ludicrous.
    Last edited by anders332; 02-04-2011 at 09:33 AM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  4. #994
    ... Ryvetted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,545

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    On RS's new post he worded the upcoming news this way:

    "there is stuff coming out about people on this show that will paint them in a different light than what you see on TV. Some of it’s already out there."

    "but in terms of the “freight train running over a tricycle” story I told you about? Trust me. You’ll know when that one hits."

  5. #995
    FORT Fogey MamaAmyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    800

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;4179149;
    On RS's new post he worded the upcoming news this way:

    "there is stuff coming out about people on this show that will paint them in a different light than what you see on TV. Some of it’s already out there."

    "but in terms of the “freight train running over a tricycle” story I told you about? Trust me. You’ll know when that one hits."
    This is the one that I don't get. Everything we know hasn't changed our perception of any of the girls, not even Michelle. So the suggestion is that there is information available that we haven't located yet. I really wonder what and where that could be.
    _(Moo!)

  6. #996
    FORT Fogey fan*addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;4179149;
    On RS's new post he worded the upcoming news this way:

    "there is stuff coming out about people on this show that will paint them in a different light than what you see on TV. Some of it’s already out there."

    "but in terms of the “freight train running over a tricycle” story I told you about? Trust me. You’ll know when that one hits."
    Personally I think that for the past few seasons (especially since Ed!) the tabloids have become more involved with the nonsense. Because of this most people probally take the "news" with a grain of salt.

    The only thing that would be "shocking" to the general audience (IMHO) is that they find out Emily isn't the "darling" that she is portrayed on their screen. Of course we already know this..no one is that "saintly" everyone who goes on this show has SOME type of agenda in their pocket.

    There was also a rumor that Melissa was going to write a "tell-all" book..not sure how that will come about as I thought they signed pretty "iron-clad" contracts...guess we will have to wait and see

  7. #997
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;4179411;
    ....There was also a rumor that Melissa was going to write a "tell-all" book..not sure how that will come about as I thought they signed pretty "iron-clad" contracts...guess we will have to wait and see
    Even ex CIA can write books. They just get clearance on what is said, how much is revealed, after they write it. Melissa writing a book is a present from heaven for the franchise. They will bless it, make sure it meets their PR agenda (which may include scandal, not whitewashing, after all!), and she will sell up to 5,000 copies of her book. It will have some teasers like Ron Reagan's otherwise dull book ("Dad had Alzheimer's while President!), and otherwise be unreadable.

  8. #998
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;4179420;
    Even ex CIA can write books. They just get clearance on what is said, how much is revealed, after they write it. Melissa writing a book is a present from heaven for the franchise. They will bless it, make sure it meets their PR agenda (which may include scandal, not whitewashing, after all!), and she will sell up to 5,000 copies of her book. It will have some teasers like Ron Reagan's otherwise dull book ("Dad had Alzheimer's while President!), and otherwise be unreadable.
    Melissa is still very much a company woman. ABC practically owns her. She was the Bachelor Pad hostess, IIRC. Can't be too mad at them.

    Yes, she did the 20/20 interview last year, but only leaked the behind-the-scenes scoop that the show allowed.

  9. #999
    FORT Newbie carisseezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    Coming out of lurkdom!

    Just wanted to say that recently the only thing I could think that would shock the general audience is that Emily isn't the "Saintly Barbie Doll" that we all see on the show. Definitely pertains to RS's latest comments of "there is stuff coming out about people that will paint them in a different light than what you see on TV..."

    But interesting to add that as you read the entire list of questions, there is a question about who RS thinks is the next Bachelorette. He says he's "convinced it will be Emily" and that "no doubt, 100% they (TPTB) want her". So all this stuff about painting someone in a different light than on the show can't be about Emily right? I would think that if all this stuff coming out is meant to be negative, no way would the general audience warm up to Emily being the next B'ette. Maybe I'm totally off base, but just thought I would share!

  10. #1000
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: Reality Steve Spoilers

    I think he means that the cast of characters aren't the angelic bunch that the public seems to see them as.

    There is stuff out there...
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.