Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Location, Location, Location!

Re: Location, Location, Location!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;4109023;
    What an exciting and scenic place to have last chance dates, woo young women and for Brad to seal the deal! Funny, I was searching the possibility of South Africa last night on Twitter and turned up nothing. Fleiss has pulled in the reins on all loose lips! I work with a guy from there . . . maybe I will ask if his family follows the show! In the meantime we can check out those resorts Ryvetted!
    DO tell the minute you hear anything !

THis would be a great step beyond the 'standard tropical paradise' ( if any of these beautiful spots can be considered mundane to us as we wallow in SNOW & cold ha ha )..... but IMO it's right up there with Iceland from last season, as far as uniqueness goes....this will be fascinating to see one of the spots that top my wish list.
    Last edited by MayJ; 11-18-2010 at 07:44 PM.
    The earlybird gets the worm, but the late mouse gets the cheese

There is a very helpful website of "romantic african getaways" with pictures of all the resorts depending on what type of getaway one chooses to take. When we get some SC's I'll make sure to check back into it and make some comparisons to find out where they were at during filming.

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;4109079;
    DO tell the minute you hear anything !

THis would be a great step beyond the 'standard tropical paradise' ( if any of these beautiful spots can be considered mundane to us as we wallow in SNOW & cold ha ha )..... but IMO it's right up there with Iceland from last season, as far as uniqueness goes....this will be fascinating to see one of the spots that top my wish list.
    And the plane time definitely works. 2.5 hours from Austin to Atlanta, then 15.5 hours to Johannesberg. From there it's on to some incredible adventures...game reserves, wine tasting and whale watching in Cape Town...can't wait!

So - thus the reason for Wes and vaccinations
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

South Africa will be awesome (hopefully)!

I have access to extensive travel pictures from there so I will try to help with locations and hotels once we get SC's.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

YouTube - Balboa Island

This is a video of Balboa Island. The ferris wheel there looks like our ferris wheel with Brad and Ashley H.. There are two shots of it and the first is at :16. Perhaps someone who knows how can get a screencap if you think it matches.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;4116113;
    YouTube - Balboa Island

This is a video of Balboa Island. The ferris wheel there looks like our ferris wheel with Brad and Ashley H.. There are two shots of it and the first is at :16. Perhaps someone who knows how can get a screencap if you think it matches.
    I can't get a screencap but I think the one on Balboa Island has a blue frame and the one Brad and Ashley are on has a white frame. I don't think it is a match but it sure is close.

Nope. No match. Darn. This one doesn't have the "wings" on it either. RS said there is a Catalina trip. Maybe the ferris wheel is part of it.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;4116122;
    Nope. No match. Darn. This one doesn't have the "wings" on it either. RS said there is a Catalina trip. Maybe the ferris wheel is part of it.
    The darned blue Ferris Wheel! This has been making me crazy (and is a diversion from unpacking!). The LA County Fair was Sept. 4 - Oct. 3, but the ferris wheel wasn't right *unless* there was a smaller one that I don't recall... plus, I think the Fair might be too crowded for a big shoot, unless they did it after hours (hmmmm... not so likely? And it's at least 2 hours drive time from the mansion). I looked at Long Beach (seats look like round life rafts), Balboa Island (again, not so close geographically) and I looked at other locations. The Orange County Fair was too early (July). Given the relatively small diameter of the wheel (look at the arc of the white wheel) and the traditional seat, and the rather temporary look of all the other shots, I think this might be a little carnival set up somewhere just for Brad and his gals. Do we still have room for a group date? LRSC wanted to do the research on Ferris Wheels herself, but alas, RL was biting at my ankles.
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

Hey I2D. The ferris wheel is thought to be located at the Calamigos Ranch in CA. Check out the SC discussion thread. Some pretty good comparisons.