Thread: Bachelor 15 *Screencap Discussion*

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelor 15 *Screencap Discussion*

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    It is a beautiful ring, but as I said previously, I think it's tacky to buy a ring worth almost $100,000 when people are losing their jobs and homes. It's their $$ so they obviously can do what they want with it, but I would be really uncomfortable wearing that ring knowing how much it cost. I would say this no matter who gets the final ring. I would have thought they would go a little more low-key, but what do I know? Mr. S made my engagement ring.

Did Brad, actually, spend his own money or he chose the most expense ring in Bachelor history?

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    I thought the ring Ricky gave em had a diamond (or other clear stone) in the middle. I thought the pix on FB (that is now on a thread here) was clear in the middle. Maybe I am totally losing it, but I did not notice a purple stone in the center when ppl were discussing the ring in the tabloid thread. Can't find it now to double check!

ETA: There was a pix of "the ring Ricky gave Em" on the last page, but it has disappeared. Sorry, tried to add it in here. So sorry, it literally just disappeared a second ago lol!
    I was just thinking the same thing. People were commenting on it to confirm that Emily had the engagement ring in the FB pic...

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter View Post
    Did Brad, actually, spend his own money or he chose the most expense ring in Bachelor history?
    People are saying he spent his own $$ for the ring.
    He must not be that broke!!

It is a beautiful ring, but as I said previously, I think it's tacky to buy a ring worth almost $100,000 when people are losing their jobs and homes. It's their $$ so they obviously can do what they want with it, but I would be really uncomfortable wearing that ring knowing how much it cost. I would say this no matter who gets the final ring. I would have thought they would go a little more low-key, but what do I know? Mr. S made my engagement ring.
    I don't think that I would be comfortable wearing it either...but for totally different reasons. I would be afraid that I would lose it!

Yes, the ecomony is bad. But people are still buying houses, cars, boats, going on vacation, etc. If someone has the money to spend on a diamond ring, so be it.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    Exactly!! It's the same ring.
    I don't know...it's not only the color it's also the size and cut of the center stone

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking View Post
    ! I want this ring! (and it looks NOTHING like Ricky's BTW so lets put that one to bed, please)!

Holy moly! It's gorgeous!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fan

People are saying he spent his own $$ for the ring.
    He must not be that broke!!
    Of course he's not broke. To believe that story is silly, imo. If you're anywhere near broke, you can't buy that -- even on credit! And if you *are* broke, and you found a way to buy that -- then you're just an idiot.

Great way to start a new family -- blowing $$ you don't have. Brilliant.

No, me thinks he is not broke in the slightest.
    We like because... we love although...."

JMO but I don't think Brad paid for the ring. The articles I have read all said that he chose the most expensive ring in bach history nothing about him paying for it
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    Of course he's not broke. To believe that story is silly, imo. If you're anywhere near broke, you can't buy that -- even on credit! And if you *are* broke, and you found a way to buy that -- then you're just an idiot.

Great way to start a new family -- blowing $$ you don't have. Brilliant.

No, me thinks he is not broke in the slightest.
    I didn't think he was either, but didn't he say something to that affect? I can't remember the details, but I do recall that this was suggested. Just not sure if it was by Brad or not. As I said, it's his $$. I doubt he actually paid retail for the ring, but man it seems like a very expensive ring to give to someone you met on a tv dating show and have only known for such a short time. He must be in love!

Question...if he paid for the ring, is Emily obligated to give it back if things don't work out? I know etiquette-wise it is frowned upon not to give it back if the engagement is broken, but I also know that when the show paid for the ring it was enforced that it goes back to them. Correct?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    JMO but I don't think Brad paid for the ring. The articles I have read all said that he chose the most expensive ring in bach history nothing about him paying for it
    I hope that is the case, cuz I just cannot reconcile him both having $$ troubles and then buying that ring.
    We like because... we love although...."