Page 53 of 894 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 15 *Screencap Discussion*

Re: Bachelor 15 *Screencap Discussion*

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4119265;
    Definitely in TX. Only place I have been to where the street lights are horizonal (red on the left, yellow center, green right) on the pole rather than verical (red on top, yellow center, green on bottom.) Looks like downtown Austin, but I live in the suburbs (Leander) so I can't be sure where in Downtown Austin.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4119275;
    Definitely in TX. Only place I have been to where the street lights are horizonal (red on the left, yellow center, green right) on the pole rather than verical (red on top, yellow center, green on bottom.) Looks like downtown Austin, but I live in the suburbs (Leander) so I can't be sure where in Downtown Austin.
    Thought the sign might be E 2nd, maybe Congress looking south.... then again, could be 12th and looking north. I'll be there anyway enjoying the city all weekend. If the site shows itself, at least we'll know it's home and not hometown visit somewhere. His clothing suits an Austin evening in September just fine.
    Happy Weekend! Deep Eddy, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Balancer;4119290;
    Thought the sign might be E 2nd, maybe Congress looking south.... then again, could be 12th and looking north. I'll be there anyway enjoying the city all weekend. If the site shows itself, at least we'll know it's home and not hometown visit somewhere. His clothing suits an Austin evening in September just fine.
    Happy Weekend! Deep Eddy, anyone?
    You too. Weather is supposed to be sunny all weekend/next week, though on Sunday is supposed to be cold again. I can't wait until the show begins and I haven't been able to add much to the screen cap conversation, but I did have to point out on the stop lights. I am not a native Texan (moved here as a teenager) and it took me so long to get used to the horizontal stoplights because they were vertical everywhere else I had lived (we were Navy brats so I lived in several states.) Only other place I had seen horizontally hung stoplights was driving through New Mexico (Gallup) and they were hung in the opposite direction as Austin with the Green on the left and the red on the right. If it is Congress, I think we would have to be looking south or the Capitol would be in the shot. It is real noticible right now with scaffolding up. Just a thought.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4119292;
    You too. Weather is supposed to be sunny all weekend/next week, though on Sunday is supposed to be cold again. I can't wait until the show begins and I haven't been able to add much to the screen cap conversation, but I did have to point out on the stop lights. I am not a native Texan (moved here as a teenager) and it took me so long to get used to the horizontal stoplights because they were vertical everywhere else I had lived (we were Navy brats so I lived in several states.) Only other place I had seen horizontally hung stoplights was driving through New Mexico (Gallup) and they were hung in the opposite direction as Austin with the Green on the left and the red on the right. If it is Congress, I think we would have to be looking south or the Capitol would be in the shot. It is real noticible right now with scaffolding up. Just a thought.
    Just looked online for videos/photos of this and there is head-in parking. So now we need someone with mad photo skills to enhance and blow-up street sign. I did notice white license plates...

FORT Newbie

I do think it is in Austin (there is plenty of head-in parking downtown and by the lake) - but I can't pin-point it yet. Notice the white light sign on the building on the left and the white string lighting on the top of the building on the right (you can see both in the slow-mo video, but not in the screencaps here).

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by simplycurious;4119314;
    I do think it is in Austin (there is plenty of head-in parking downtown and by the lake) - but I can't pin-point it yet. Notice the white light sign on the building on the left and the white string lighting on the top of the building on the right (you can see both in the slow-mo video, but not in the screencaps here).
    This looks familiar to me from a trip to Austin - looks like the street where the Four Seasons hotel is at the bottom of that hill. It's perpendicular to 6th street as we were walking down that street back to the hotel. I could totally be wrong but it sort of looks like that area.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by www;4119325;
    This looks familiar to me from a trip to Austin - looks like the street where the Four Seasons hotel is at the bottom of that hill. It's perpendicular to 6th street as we were walking down that street back to the hotel. I could totally be wrong but it sort of looks like that area.
    I believe you are pretty much correct. I beleive this is taken from around 6th and San Jacinto, looking south towards the lake (and the Four Seasons). The right hand side of the street matches perfectly (the windows of the building on the south west corner of 5th and San Jacinto give it away, the building is of the correct height (shown with slighting along the top in the video), there is a building in to background that matches the vertical windows, and the tall light posts match (as well as the style of parking, direction of traffic, etc).

This is very close to the bars on 6th street - so likely very close to one or more of Brad's bars.

Now what does it mean - probably little to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by simplycurious;4119338;
    I believe you are pretty much correct. I beleive this is taken from around 6th and San Jacinto, looking south towards the lake (and the Four Seasons). The right hand side of the street matches perfectly (the windows of the building on the south west corner of 5th and San Jacinto give it away, the building is of the correct height (shown with slighting along the top in the video), there is a building in to background that matches the vertical windows, and the tall light posts match (as well as the style of parking, direction of traffic, etc).

This is very close to the bars on 6th street - so likely very close to one or more of Brad's bars.

Aaaah, but I think it does! It means that his morose expression is most likely from his pre-show package and not from a date! His sad. pensive expression may be about regret and now a fresh start! He has way too many sad faces in the previews, so I am glad that this one is from his pre show package!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by simplycurious;4119338;

Great job, everyone.
    You all nailed it.
    Brad is standing at St. Jacinto and 7th. The Four Seasons is the lighted sign in the background

FORT Fogey

Okay I just had to get it wrapped in my brain if the airport snapshot was in Costa Rica or St. Martin.....it is in St. Martin.....the only time you would be getting your bags would be arriving, so if RS breakdown of girls is correct there should be 6 girls.......

I don't know if it works but here is my comparisons.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 4health; 12-03-2010 at 02:06 PM.