Thread: Bachelor 15 *Screencap Discussion*

Re: Bachelor 15 *Screencap Discussion*

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;4169643;
    Joel is 6'4" (because I'm obsessed with him)
    Does anyone know Brad's height?
    Just a guess here....If Joel is 6'4 then Brad is 5'11 or 6'. Just a guess on my part

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;4169768;
    Just a guess here....If Joel is 6'4 then Brad is 5'11 or 6'. Just a guess on my part
    I have no idea but Brad surely doesn't look to be 6'3. Not to me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by annettejt;4169951;
    Sorry, I haven't look back as to when the police report was but if it was during high school/college, he could have grown more. My son (18 yo) left for college in August at 6'1" - he came home at Christmas at 6'2.5"
    it was in 1992 so almost 20 years ago and when brad was around 18

FORT Fan

Does anyone remember seeing the screencap of Emily roasting a marshmallow over the stove? I think one of the girls was watching her too? What epi was that? Was it symbolic of their barn date? Why would TP show that? Hmmmm...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof1;4169986;
    Does anyone remember seeing the screencap of Emily roasting a marshmallow over the stove? I think one of the girls was watching her too? What epi was that? Was it symbolic of their barn date? Why would TP show that? Hmmmm...
    I do not even know from which video it was from... but i know which screncap you are talking about

I think OhSe7en? got that pic from the Twitter page for the bachelor.

I wonder about that too?

FORT Fan

I apologize in advance for the length of this post and fully understand if nobody has the stamina or interest to get through it all.

A couple of days ago, when I didnít have access to my photobucket account, there was some discussion about the location represented by the screen cap below and whether Brad and Chantal were wearing wetsuits. About two weeks before that, I think, I posted that I thought the location was off Dyer Island near Gansbaai, Cape Town, South Africa, and that in the sc Brad and Chantal had just finished diving with white sharks.

Since this has caused some debate recently, I though I would post a more detailed explanation:

If we start with the picture below, it might become a little clearer.

It seems pretty certain that these two people are in a shark cage (I posted the evidence somewhere), very similar to the kind used to experience swimming with white sharks. We also have this sc showing a white shark.

This is from TB:

This is a white shark:

The folks in the shark cage are wearing wetsuit hoods Ė almost certainly integrated into the wetsuit (ie. built into it rather than separated from it). The zip usually (but not always) comes up the front and to the side of oneís face. I think you can see the zip in the sc before the two sharks on what I'm sure is Brad's left cheek.

This is what they look like out of the water:

It seems virtually certain then, that somewhere in this season of TB there is a white shark diving date and the participants wear hooded wetsuits. So where did this take place? Of the places we know TB visited this year, California and South Africa are the only credible settings. Having researched this a little, Costa Rica seems really, really, really unlikely and Anguilla is virtually impossible as a location for white shark diving (other species yes!, but not white sharks)

So that leaves, South Africa and California. I think California can be ruled out since we have already seen the episodes filmed there Ė and unless I missed something, Mr White Shark did not show up, and that despite the fact that there were clearly tasty morsels in the water.

Of course, off the coast of Catalina, Brad and Chantal did get in the water Ė but they were not in a shark cage and they did not wear wetsuit hoods (in fact its not wise to wear hoods in those sea-trek helmets). Here are the scs to prove they didnít wear hoods:

The apparent lump behind Bradís head in the top left image is part of his wetsuit and not a hood. His wetsuit is still unzipped at the back and thatís whatís causing the lump. Here is a clearer image, but itís even more obvious if you watch the episode again.

So we are still left with the question as to where the white shark diving date took place. As a number of posters have noted, the Western Cape of South Africa is a mecca for this kind of activity. It is centered at Gansbaai and Dyer Island, near Cape Town. We know from the scs of Emily at the ďOne and OnlyĒ and Brad at the Els Winery that TB concluded its filming at Cape Town. In other words, the FRC and the LCDs took place in that part of South Africa.

One of the first things you want to do when you finish diving in a wetsuit that has an integrated hood is to pull it back so that it sits behind your head. Itís quite a relief, let me tell you. The look is quite characteristic and features a lump of wetsuit neoprene behind your neck:

In fact, it looks exactly like Bradís silhouette below (ie. inside the blue square). So Ö. I'm pretty sure this is Brad and Chantal after diving with white sharks as part of a LCD off Dyer Island, Cape Town, South Africa.

There are several other things in this sc that have caused considerable discussion. One is the ďoil rig,Ē another is the "sunset." First, the ďoil rig.Ē I donít think there is an oil rig at all. Both the features in the white boxes are birds. If you watch the video again, itís pretty clear - the features are both flying. As for the sunset, well I think compares pretty well with this image below, which is the sunset as seen from just north of Dyer Island, for the time of year that TB was filming in South Africa.

The last piece of evidence that supports this location identification is what I think is land behind Chantal on the horizon (compare the red boxes). If Iím right the land is Danger Point, just northwest of Dyer Island.

I guess there was also some discussion of Chantalís appearance and whether she is wearing a wetsuit in the champagne sipping sc. I think she could be, but it is probably more likely that she has removed the top half of her wetsuit and that itís dangling from her waist - similar to the guy below.

Divers do this both to get more comfortable, and to either cool off or warm up depending on how they feel. If you are cold, you cover the top half of your body with clothes and/or a windbreaker or jacket. This, at least, is what I think is going on with Chantal. Alternatively, she might have put a windbreaker of foul weather gear on top of her wetsuit or she could conceivably have worn a drysuit, but I think these last two explanations are less likely.

This is what I think, at least. If anyone responds to this, it might be best not to quote it - considering how long it is!!!!!!

Thanks Mr Write! I think that really seals the deal for Chantel in the F2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;4170178;
    Thanks Mr Write! I think that really seals the deal for Chantel in the F2.

You're the best Mr Write!!!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City