Page 9 of 702 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 15 *Media*

Re: Bachelor 15 *Media*

Theme of the season: Sassy divorcee vs. sweet children's hospital event planner. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4127724;
    Theme of the season: Sassy divorcee vs. sweet children's hospital event planner. lol
    I had to read back to the article before your post cuz I had no idea who the hospital planner was! Kinda shocked it's Emily. I suspect we can see how this will be edited, but at least they called Chantal "sassy" and not "b*tchy".

What are the rules about posting a media artlicle?

From what I remember – you have to post the article and the link – and the link has to come from the source not a message board. I’m sure there’s a rules thread – isn’t there?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Thanks! Here is a link to a D Magazine article. Mods, if this needs to be placed in Reality Steve's thread, please feel free to move it, or delete it!
    D Magazine : The Real Life of Reality Steve

The Real Life of Reality Steve
    The infamous go-to guy for all news regarding the Bachelor talks trash about trash TV.

by Laura KostelnyPublished 12.15.2010 From D Magazine JAN 2011 DiscussEmailPrint

Stevie Carbone, aka "Reality Steve"
    photography by Elizabeth Lavin

Sure, appearing on reality television can be hazardous. Contestants risk humiliation, heartbreak, and HPV for love and money. But who knew reporting on reality television could be so scary? According to Steve Carbone—aka Reality Steve, the ultimate Bachelor/ette know-it-all—his opinion-laden, spoiler-filled blog (realitysteve.com) has made him some powerful enemies. Pilot Jake Pavelka from season 14? Carbone doesn’t think the two of them should be in the same room. Ever. And don’t get him started on ABC. He claims the network has a vendetta against him. They have sabotaged him in various ways, he says, including engineering his disappearance from the E! network’s The Bachelor: Then and Now, which aired last summer.

So how did the Orange County, California, native get started in this dangerous line of work? Well, he has a background in sports radio. He worked for The Ticket 1310 from 2006 through 2008. But even before that, he supplemented sports with Survivor.

“I always watched TV, but I never thought I would get into writing about it and caring about it,” he says, laughing.

The whole thing started innocently enough in 2003 with a little program called Joe Millionaire. “Everything essentially started with an e-mail,” he says. “I e-mailed my friends a recap every Tuesday morning, and they started forwarding it on to their friends.”

Once his gig at The Ticket ended, Carbone focused on his “real” job; he and his dad rep a couple of foreign linen companies. Luckily, the job comes with a flexible work-from-home schedule, which gives him plenty of time to attend to his website, which started out as a lark. It was just an excuse to blog his thoughts about the shows he watched. “For seven years, I didn’t make a penny from it,” he says. All that changed in 2009, when, during the 13th season of The Bachelor, he outlined the diabolical twist the show would take long before the season ended. For those living in a cave: Jason Mesnick chose former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader Melissa Rycroft. They lived happily ever after until he dumped her for first runner-up Molly Malaney a few months later. On national television. Carbone blogged it all before it happened.

From then on, Carbone became the go-to guy for all things Bachelor. His site now regularly gets 400,000 to 500,000 visitors per week during any given season. He makes money from ads. He is considering a book deal. Life is good.

So you might think Carbone would be excited about Rycroft’s big win in D Magazine’s Top Reality Stars in Dallas contest. You would be wrong. “I had a feeling she was going to win,” he says. “She has turned into America’s sweetheart. I know that tons of women felt so sorry for her, and fans want to see good stuff happen for her.” So, he’s not a fan? “No,” he says. “When everything went down, I was a fan of hers, but I’ve heard plenty of things since that day that have really changed my mind.” And although Carbone clearly likes attention and Rycroft is a pro at getting it, this isn’t about sour grapes. “This is going to come across as jealous, but it’s not,” he says. “She’s not the sweetheart that everyone thinks she is.”
    (For the record, he wanted to see ventriloquist Terry Fator win the whole thing. “He’s my favorite Vegas act,” he explains.)

As for the current season, Carbone thinks second-time-around Bachelor Brad Womack will choose someone, but less for romantic reasons than something more insidious: ABC will make him. “I will be very surprised if he finds a wife,” he reports. “I do think he’ll choose someone, but it will be for the show.” Whatever the case, expect Reality Steve to stay on the case. It’s a dangerous business, but someone has to do it.
    Last edited by twochicklets; 12-16-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: cut and paste the artlice

Two Charlotte Women Chosen For ‘The Bachelor’

Brad Womack, who shocked “Bachelor” fans in 2007 by rejecting both of his final bachelorettes, returns to the 15th edition of the hit show.

Among the 30 bachelorettes that Womack, 37, will choose from are two Charlotte residents: Emily, 24, is a children’s hospital event planner, and Kimberly, 27, is a marketing coordinator.

Emily, whose hometown is Morgantown, W.Va., said she’s grown accustomed to the comforts of living in Charlotte.

“Growing up in West Virginia, I'm pretty sure my father would have disowned me if I didn't enjoy getting dirty, but I also couldn't live without some of the luxuries of living in a city,” she said.

The “shy blonde seems ready to fall in love,” ABC said in a news release about the upcoming season, but has a tragic story to share with Womack about the death of her then-fiancé.

Though Kimberly is a contestant on a show about finding love, she said she doesn’t consider herself a romantic.

“I enjoy romance occasionally but I think romance has the potential to blind people in terms of their feelings. But I do love thoughtfulness,” she said.

The latest installment of “The Bachelor” starts with a bang as one contestant, 28-year-old Chantal, slaps Womack in the face for failing to pick either finalist the last time he was on the show.

Womack has undergone therapy over the last three years and is “optimistic and confident” about finding love this time around. The show follows Womack and his bachelorettes on a journey that takes them to Las Vegas, Costa Rica, Anguilla and South Africa.
    Two Charlotte Women Chosen For ‘The Bachelor’ - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

There is a video about Shawntel and her family business on youtube called Newton Bracewell-The Family Business. Sounds like her dad wouldn't mind if his daughter and his co-owner's son got together lol

ETA: the uploader also has a few commercials that feature Shawntel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;4128000;
    There is a video about Shawntel and her family business on youtube called Newton Bracewell-The Family Business. Sounds like her dad wouldn't mind if his daughter and his co-owner's son got together lol

ETA: the uploader also has a few commercials that feature Shawntel as well.
    Aw, she's seems so nice in all those videos. It's always interesting to see a Bachelorette in action before we see her on the show, Brad probably saw a great deal of her life in Chico for her HTD. Wonder how much the funeral atmosphere influenced his decision to let her go at F4.

She does seem very sweet and nice but I really can't picture her disappointing her dad and leaving the family business to move to Austin. Maybe that played a part in his decision?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4128047;
    She does seem very sweet and nice but I really can't picture her disappointing her dad and leaving the family business to move to Austin. Maybe that played a part in his decision?
    But Chantal is part of daddy's business too so is she moving to Austin?

On another note, is this the first time the F1 has been showcased in each and every article? Each one is mentioning the slap heard 'round the ABC-verse.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City