Page 4 of 702 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104504 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 7014

Thread: Bachelor 15 *Media*

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey Cerese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Bachelor 15 *Media*

    Wonder why the recap says "will he end up disappointed ??

  2. #32
    ... Ryvetted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,545

    Re: Bachelor 15 *Media*

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;4122691;
    Wonder why the recap says "will he end up disappointed ??
    What if he proposed and Chantel said she had to wait or something. Maybe her divorce isn't final?

  3. #33
    Love Not Hate LoveThem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    558

    Re: Bachelor 15 *Media*

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;4122698;
    What if he proposed and Chantel said she had to wait or something. Maybe her divorce isn't final?
    I think it could very well be to get you watching... Just to see if he will actually pick someone or not... Since thats why a lot of people are interested in this season, to see if he's changed as a person.

  4. #34
    Premium Member jelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under the big umbrella
    Posts
    3,914

    Re: Bachelor 15 *Media*

    Brad returns to the Malibu mansion
    bacheloretter greets him withwith a slap to the face
    one emotional bachelorette jumps into his arms
    fun-loving nanny playfully grabs his rear end.
    But Brad does hit it off with a sweet Southern girl who doesn't care about his past.
    One woman with a "rip-roaring" career leaves Brad speechless as he samples her work,
    a dancer from a famed troupe tries to teach Brad a few dance moves,
    mysterious model literally shows him her fangs,
    one shy blonde is ready to fall in love, even if she's not ready to tell Brad about her tragic past.

    This Season's Highlights Include
    a Private Concert at hollywood Bowl by the Hit Band Train, One lucky bachelorette receives an extravagant makeover
    a Surprise Serenade By Superstar Seal, famed Capitol Records studios for a recording session
    A group of the women meet up with the Bachelor to shoot public service announcements for the American Red Cross
    Nine bachelorettes join Brad in the radio studio of the popular "Loveline" sho

    Brad takes 11 bachelorettes on a wild trip to Las Vegas
    visit to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway for a very competitive NASCAR date
    behind-the scenes visit to Cirque du Soleil's "Viva Elvis" show to learn aerial ballet routines

    Costa Rica
    Brad takes one lucky lady zip-lining over the treetops
    a group rappels down a treacherous waterfall.

    Anguilla is the next stop for an exciting Caribbean adventure.

    The final three women are treated to a thrilling trip to South Africa
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

  5. #35
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,895

    Re: Bachelor 15 *Media*

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;4122691;
    Wonder why the recap says "will he end up disappointed ??

    From the media release:


    Womack, 37, did the unthinkable by most fans' standards and did not choose either Jenni Croft or DeAnna Pappas on his finale in November 2007. Disappointed in himself for wasting a great opportunity, Brad kept to himself for two to three months afterwards. Unaware at the time that he really wasn't ready to commit to a relationship and not knowing the reasons why, his fears and worries were validated when a media firestorm and viewers from across the country let him know what they were thinking. For the last three years Brad has undergone intensive therapy, which took him on a painful journey of self-discovery that led to personal revelations about his commitment issues. Delving deep into his family history and his unresolved feelings about his absent father, Brad was able to gain an understanding of why he would push people away as soon as they developed feelings for him.


    Here is my take on that:


    Basically, Brad's edit is that unbeknownst to himself, he truly did have commitment issues which influenced his decision the last go round. Having completed therapy to gain a better understanding of his feelings, he is ready to try again, but will he be disappointed ( again with himself and this ending as well)?

    Disclaimer: I am not sure how much of this is from Brad's point of view. I am just commenting on the edit given to us from the media department.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  6. #36
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Bachelor 15 *Media*

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4122974;
    From the media release:


    [snip]


    Here is my take on that:


    Basically, Brad's edit is that unbeknownst to himself, he truly did have commitment issues which influenced his decision the last go round. Having completed therapy to gain a better understanding of his feelings, he is ready to try again, but will he be disappointed ( again with himself and this ending as well)?

    Disclaimer: I am not sure how much of this is from Brad's point of view. I am just commenting on the edit given to us from the media department.
    Not disagreeing with your take on it but this is so STUPID of TPTB. I don't understand. Is the American public so messed up that there needs to be a 'reason' Brad couldn't force himself to fall in love with DeYawna or The Other One? I mean, seriously, 'commitment issues'? What about he just didn't fall in love like the other 18 leads, but they chose someone to break-up in 2 months anyway? Crazy.
    Last edited by Alanna; 12-08-2010 at 10:18 PM.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  7. #37
    FORT Fanatic IrishGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    782

    Re: Bachelor 15 *Media*

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4122985;
    Not disagreeing with your take on it but this is so STUPID of TPTB. I don't understand. Is the American public so messed up that there needs to be a 'reason' Brad couldn't force himself to fall in love with DeYawna or The Other One? I mean, seriously, 'commitment issues'? What about he just didn't fall in love like the other 18 leads, but they chose someone to break-up in 2 months anyway? Crazy.
    Pretty insulting to Brad. Why did he open himself up to this humiliation again? I'll say again that studies have shown that if you are in a room with 100 strangers of the opposite sex who on the surface meet your ideals, you will only really have chemistry with 3 of them. So it's no surprise if there is no real chemistry happening in this show, especially given how producer manipulated it all is. It's a miracle any successful partnerships have happened at all! (I include among the successes not just the marriages but also the longer lasting ones like Jen and Andrew, Mer and Ian, Charlie and Sara and hopefully Aliberto.) If it lasts for 6 months that seems pretty successful to me in this day and age given the circumstances surrounding the show.

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Bachelor 15 *Media*

    Quote Originally Posted by OhSe7en;4122700;
    I think it could very well be to get you watching... Just to see if he will actually pick someone or not... Since thats why a lot of people are interested in this season, to see if he's changed as a person.
    I think it's something similar. I think we're going to be led down a path that creates some doubt whether the F1 accepts him. Will Brad be the dumpee this time??
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey bevorules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: Bachelor 15 *Media*

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4123036;
    Pretty insulting to Brad. Why did he open himself up to this humiliation again? I'll say again that studies have shown that if you are in a room with 100 strangers of the opposite sex who on the surface meet your ideals, you will only really have chemistry with 3 of them. So it's no surprise if there is no real chemistry happening in this show, especially given how producer manipulated it all is. It's a miracle any successful partnerships have happened at all! (I include among the successes not just the marriages but also the longer lasting ones like Jen and Andrew, Mer and Ian, Charlie and Sara and hopefully Aliberto.) If it lasts for 6 months that seems pretty successful to me in this day and age given the circumstances surrounding the show.
    I agree 100%. I also count the 6 months + couples as "successes" though the media calls them failures and only counts Trista/Ryan and Jason/Molly though the original ending was a failure. Even in some of the "failures" the bachelor or bachelorette didn't necessarily choose wrong, it just didn't work out. Jesse C and Steven S have the same personality type, for some reason DeAnna couldn't make it work with Jesse but did with Steven. She didn't choose wrong it just didn't work out. Same thing with Andy/Tessa.
    I think it took guts to do what Brad did in season 11 knowing that the very passionate viewer audience and media would skewer him. He could have gone through the motions like Jesse Palmer or Bob Guinney, but he cared enough about himself and the women involved not to drag them through that. The media didn't start respecting him until DeAnna did the bachelorette. Then as time passed people realized that Brad was right.
    Compatibility and Chemistry are tricky things and don't always go the way the experts think they should.
    Someone can be compatible with your personality which would be great in a long term relationship, but you don't feel sparks. Others are toxic for you down the line because of volatile nature of the two personalities, yet you cant keep away from them and sparks fly all over the place (Jake/Vienna are an example of this.) When you only give them 25-30 choices and cram it into a 6-8 week period, the success rate probably won't be too high. Also, Brad/DeAnna would have been a toxic couple had they formed and tried to make it work. Maybe Brad saw this as Jason C said something about him knowing for several days that he couldn't choose DeAnna or Jenni, and maybe it's just the edit, but it seemed like things started to shift after DeAnna gave him the "everything has to be in it's place, I'll harm you if you leave the toilet seat up" speech.
    Sorry, off topic and a very long post. I just wanted to respond to your excellent post.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,895

    Re: Bachelor 15 *Media*

    Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4123204;
    I agree 100%. I also count the 6 months + couples as "successes" though the media calls them failures and only counts Trista/Ryan and Jason/Molly though the original ending was a failure. Even in some of the "failures" the bachelor or bachelorette didn't necessarily choose wrong, it just didn't work out. Jesse C and Steven S have the same personality type, for some reason DeAnna couldn't make it work with Jesse but did with Steven. She didn't choose wrong it just didn't work out. Same thing with Andy/Tessa.
    I think it took guts to do what Brad did in season 11 knowing that the very passionate viewer audience and media would skewer him. He could have gone through the motions like Jesse Palmer or Bob Guinney, but he cared enough about himself and the women involved not to drag them through that. The media didn't start respecting him until DeAnna did the bachelorette. Then as time passed people realized that Brad was right.
    Compatibility and Chemistry are tricky things and don't always go the way the experts think they should.
    Someone can be compatible with your personality which would be great in a long term relationship, but you don't feel sparks. Others are toxic for you down the line because of volatile nature of the two personalities, yet you cant keep away from them and sparks fly all over the place (Jake/Vienna are an example of this.) When you only give them 25-30 choices and cram it into a 6-8 week period, the success rate probably won't be too high. Also, Brad/DeAnna would have been a toxic couple had they formed and tried to make it work. Maybe Brad saw this as Jason C said something about him knowing for several days that he couldn't choose DeAnna or Jenni, and maybe it's just the edit, but it seemed like things started to shift after DeAnna gave him the "everything has to be in it's place, I'll harm you if you leave the toilet seat up" speech.
    Sorry, off topic and a very long post. I just wanted to respond to your excellent post.
    I am going to start the Edit Thread because I think the Public Relations Department went to work fast and furiously on this idea immediately when Brad was announced, and the major reaction was against him because "he dumped both girls the first time."
    Brad's edit so far is indicating that TPTB monitored the reaction and came to the conclusion that most of the (vocal) viewers did not come to agree with Brad's first decision which is why we see the redemption edit on Brad that we are getting.
    Right or wrong, I think the PR Department felt like they had an uphill climb to overcome to make Brad acceptable as the Bachelor before his season could become a success.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.