Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: *Spoilers* Brad Womack, Bachelor 15

Re: Bachelor 15 Named

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4070201;
    Can't wait for dwts Monday night. I remember Brad saying last time how much he loved doing this kind of thing, dwts, Kimmel, etc. There is no doubt in my mind that it will be Brad sitting beside CH tomorrow night at DWTS. I hope he doesn't get booed....lol
    Is the announcement right at the end? I remember that last season (ugh) they did a teaser early on, showing Chris sitting with a couple of celebs in the audience and they goofed around. I think a poster caught a glimpse of Jake in the audience though (and posted a cap) waaaay before the announcement.

TV Guide shows "121 minutes" for the duration of tomorrow's DWTS. So heads-up to anyone planning to Tivo, DVR or record it manually.

Is this why it's running over (yes, only 1 minute over)? That's enough time to show Chris with Brad in the audience and let him stand for applause and maybe talk with Tom and Chris (to assure us that he really is ready this time). (gag, I believe almost none of this)

Reason I ask is that I've almost totally given up on this season of DWTS, but I'd like to see the announcement. And I can't record the whole show because I'm recording something else.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

From FB:
    "We had a drink at the hotel bar with the producer of the Bachelor and he told us a secret.............The new Bachelor will be shooting here in two weeks..I could'nt get out of him who the new bachelor is...Sorry I tried.........."

Same person, the day before:
    "just got back from repelling from waterfalls in the Costa Rican jungle..."
    We are leaving the Springs Hotel and checking into peace lodge."

Two weeks seems wayyy too early to be going on destination trips, but who knows. Keep it in mind, I guess.

Does anyone know when DWTS is actually filmed? If it shows at 8:00 PM EST, do they see it live or prerecorded? It is filmed in LA so do they film from 5:00pm or earlier?
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

so we are still waiting for the official announcement tomorrow during DWTS....I just wonder if this another Fleiss trick to generate talk and interest in the show again and while we are looking at his left hand with this info he is gonna pull a rabbit out of his a$$ with his right hand...something we were not prepared for and something that will shock us...but who knows
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

So the strong suspicion is that Brad is back? For some reason this just made me roll my eyes. The man who basically told Fleiss where he could shove it and swore up down and all around that he was done with the whole Bachelor thing after he was crucified for his decision is now coming back to do it again? Either the recession has had an impact on his bottom line, or he's just as disingenuous as the rest of them.
    I hope he's genuine, but c'mon, are we really going to be able to hear him spout all the appropriate words about finding the one person to complete him, wanting to settle down, I know my future wife is in the room and BELIEVE him? Not this viewer. Then again, I haven't believed any of that for a VERY long time.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4070235;
    I hope he's genuine, but c'mon, are we really going to be able to hear him spout all the appropriate words about finding the one person to complete him, wanting to settle down, I know my future wife is in the room and BELIEVE him? Not this viewer. Then again, I haven't believed any of that for a VERY long time.
    See, that's just it. I watch the show for entertainment only. I'm far too jaded to fall for what I think is the ridiculous premise that 2 people could spend a maximum of 40 hours or so alone together (mostly with cameras) within 6-8 weeks, and walk out of there engaged for real? Let alone that the lead is dating 24 or so other people throughout... To say nothing of what I think is a fact that most go on the show for other reasons than to find love.

Granted, the couple (can) spend more time together between the FRC and ATFR.

It is an entertainment show (to me). And I think that Brad will be entertaining, although I still haven't seen all of his season.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I feel the same way, VelvetRed. What I think bugs me about this whole idea, though, is Brad was very vocal about how he felt ABC threw him under the proverbial bus after his decision, brought him back to squirm in his chair while Deanna cried and ranted, and when they finally finished with him, when a good chunk of America thought he was lower than dog crap, he is shown seemingly content, sitting at home eating a meatball sub, happy to be out of the media 3-ring circus. And now I'm supposed to buy the fact that he would willingly come back for more? Sorry, Fleiss, but I guess I'm a bit too cynical to buy that load of baloney.

Yeah, I didn't like the meatball sub scene either.

But I like the show for the locations (travel), the clothing, the eye candy (which is why I like The Bachelorette show more), the humor, and even the music. And yes, the drama (somebody else's drama). I really like watching it for the production stuff (filming, editting, etc.) as well.

If I took the show at face value, it would bother me about how some of the people are treated. But I believe that they are cast into roles and they're playing to the camera. Reality TV is way cheaper to produce than other TV because the actors don't have to be paid much (if anything). Yes, they go on location to foreign countries, but it's been shown that much of that is gratis in exchange for the publiity that the countries and resorts get. So basically it's pay Chris, the producers, the film crew, support staff and production costs, and MF/MH get the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;4070220;
    Does anyone know when DWTS is actually filmed? If it shows at 8:00 PM EST, do they see it live or prerecorded? It is filmed in LA so do they film from 5:00pm or earlier?
    DWTS is aired live. The only things prerecorded (aside from rehearsal footage, obviously) are some of the musical performances and/or pro dance numbers, both of which are usually on results night.

So, in short, when the show comes on my TV at 8pm EST, it is actually occurring at the same time live out in CA, 5pm their time.

On Ellen on friday the writing blurb at the bottom of the screen said the new Bachelor would be on her show on Tuesday. Do they film the day before or on the actual day?
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.