Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: *Spoilers* Brad Womack, Bachelor 15

FORT Fogey

Re: SPOILER*Bachelor 15 Named

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4068581;
    Are we now going to see a parade of ex-bachelors and bachelorettes?
    I think so. They tested it with Bachelor Pad and Molly and Jason's wedding. Ratings were good, which means viewers are interested in the contestants after their season ends.

I'd rather watch Brad than Chris L. or any of the other guys from Ali's season. Ali's season was so boring.

Bloomers makes a good point about the editing ruining the sleuthing when they know before it ends the guy isn't going to pick either the F1 or F2. And that's a shame. But I have a feeling RS would spoil the sleuthing anyway.

As to whether Fleiss would make Brad promise to choose an F1, and whether Brad would agree, I think both are likely. But I don't think Brad would agree to propose, only that he'd agree to pick an F1.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Brad's season and plan to be around here during it.

FORT Fogey

Re: SPOILER*Bachelor 15 Named

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;4068852;
    I think so. They tested it with Bachelor Pad and Molly and Jason's wedding. Ratings were good, which means viewers are interested in the contestants after their season ends.

I'd rather watch Brad than Chris L. or any of the other guys from Ali's season. Ali's season was so boring.

Bloomers makes a good point about the editing ruining the sleuthing when they know before it ends the guy isn't going to pick either the F1 or F2. And that's a shame. But I have a feeling RS would spoil the sleuthing anyway.

As to whether Fleiss would make Brad promise to choose an F1, and whether Brad would agree, I think both are likely. But I don't think Brad would agree to propose, only that he'd agree to pick an F1.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Brad's season and plan to be around here during it.
    I agree that a no-pick can ruin the sleuthing done thru the edit. But look at Ali's season - both Roberto and Chris had elements of the F1 edit. My fear is that with the onslaught of spoilers (via RS and others), there is no such thing anymore as being able to determine the F1 thru the edit.

ETA: Given the popularity of Chris and the hope by many that he would be named the next Bach, I think TPTB had their hands full in trying to find a viable lead when Chris repeatedly turned them down. They had big shoes to fill and must have believed the buzz around Brad having a second chance at the lead would be enough for them this season. I guess time will tell.
    Last edited by Jojo47; 09-25-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Bachelor 15 Named

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;4067842;
    I'm sad to see I'm one of the few not excited by this at all. I found Brad to be boring during his season and didn't even watch much of it. I'm fine with his final decision, that didn't bother me after the initial shock wore off.
    I could've written your post, tinydancer. I don't care to watch Brad as the Bachelor again either. I'll probably watch but, thankfully, won't be invested at all this season. As you said, I too thought he was BOOOOO-RING, like major snoozefest. Funny but if they hadn't had Jake last season, I would've named Brad the most dull. So I guess there's at least 1 person out there who should be glad Jake was the Bach...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4068579;
    I got my US Weekly today and this is the article about Brad:

There is a half page full length photo of Brad holding a rose in one hand and several in the other with the caption "Womack was the series' only Bachelor to reject all the bachelorettes."

BRAD WOMACK
    Back on Bachelor!

The guy who didn't choose anyone gets a second shot

Brad Womack, TAKE TWO AFTER INFAMOUSLY jilting both DeAnna Pappas and Jenni Croft during the season 11 finale of ABC's The Bachelor in 2007, the Texas-bred hunk, 37, is close to signing on for a return engagement. "Brad is very sincere and believes in the show," says a source close to the series. "That's why he didn't pick someone last time. He was never in it for the publicity. He wants to find a wife." But this go-round, the Austin bar owner will show a different side. "Brad knows he has to open up more," says the insider. "Last time, he was reserved with the women." And while the insider says producers are also considering aspiring country singer Ty Brown, 31 -- the fourth runner-up on Ali Fedotowsky's season of The Bachelorette -- viewers can all but rule out that round's runner-up, landscaper Chris Lambton, 33. "Chris has been living large," says the source. "He isn't ready to settle down and is having a blast being single."

ETA: The mods might want to make a Media Thread. If so, this article can be moved there. Thanks!
    Can we please have a media only thread without discussion like we have a screencap only thread? Its hard to go back and find old interviews posters are referencing if you never saw them the first time when having to wade through all of the discussion. We could also have a separate media discussion thread the same way screencaps are handled. Thanks
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

Message from the Mod Team:

We're not opening more threads for now. Please use this thread to discuss Brad Womack's upcoming stint on the Bachelor.

If you have a request for the mods, please PM a mod. Don't put it in the thread as it puts the discussion in a tailspin with people weighing in. We have a certain organization and we have reasons for keeping it that way, and we're not going to comb through multiple posts looking for opinions on which threads to put where.

Thanks, and enjoy a relaxing pre-season.

P.S.: The thread will be re-opened later today because otherwise mod notices don't get read.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4069031;
    I could've written your post, tinydancer. I don't care to watch Brad as the Bachelor again either. I'll probably watch but, thankfully, won't be invested at all this season. As you said, I too thought he was BOOOOO-RING, like major snoozefest. Funny but if they hadn't had Jake last season, I would've named Brad the most dull. So I guess there's at least 1 person out there who should be glad Jake was the Bach...
    You know, I was disappointed that Chris L was not going to be the Bachelor, but when I first heard Brad was going to be it, I was happy about it for a while. The more I think about it, I just don't know how I feel. I started watching his season again today and he really is boring and I liked his season up until the end. I suppose I was just looking more closely and he was new to me at the time. I'm not upset that he's the new guy, but maybe a little apprehensive about another stint with him as the Bachelor passing out those roses. I know forters are in the minority wanting him to come back, because FB is having a fit against his return, about 90/10 against.

The seasons have had some excitement in them since Brad's, so he or those girls have a lot to live up to.JMO Maybe we will fall in love with the women and it won't matter what Brad does.

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

LRSC Rides Again! (spoiler alert: action at the mansion!)

TB Season 15, Chapter 1: In Which DUH Stays Clueless, i2d Keeps her Trap Shut, and 1 outta 2 ain't bad for LRSC
    As in any September season opener, we have a short recap of of last season's memorable moments. Here it is, briefly: Mama at the Hyatt (snap!), Mama and i2d at the mansion (pic of hats, and score! Blue Caddy!), repeated ploys by i2d to get her dear, unsuspecting husband (DUH) to drive by the mansion, and a finale of 9i2d and Mama going to the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, seeing the pre-fantasy date deliberation room and the Ali Commemorative Crying Hallway.
    Over the summer, i2d and DUH moved into AARP (Alternate Abode, Reconstruction Plan) while their primary residence has been gutted and is slowly returning to a new life. AARP is 50 + miles from the mansion, so it makes things tricky. Add to that a snappy promotion for i2d, a long laundry list of things to do for the recon, time with LRSC’s Newest Passenger, and it is a challenge to create sleuthing opportunities. Nevertheless, with the encouragement of many FoRTers, we had our first successful sleuth tonight!
    06/25/10
    1610 hrs: 102 degrees in the shade in the Valley, and even hotter at recon (no A/C on yet). i2d (stating the obvious): DUH, it is so hot! I was thinking while driving here that it sure would be nice to go out to the beach where it is nice and cool for dinner. But I suppose that it isn’t practical at all to go to Paradise Cove for dinner tonight… sigh…
    DUH: [silence]
    1830 hrs: DUH: How did it get to be 6:30?! We’d better do something about dinner.
    i2d: Wow. I don’t know. OK, let’s have some dinner. [Notice lack of enthusiasm in voice.]
    DUH: I know a place that serves a great Bloody Mary.
    i2d (internal): huh? (external): oh! Wonderful! How are you going to get there?
    DUH: I will need to make a u-turn, my little sand dollar.
    1910 hrs: i2d’s heart is pounding as DUH sweeps around past Triunfo Canyon on Kanan Dume Road.
    i2d: [nonchalantly] What’s that big light up on a boom?
    DUH: Oh, it’s a shoot.
    DUH proceeds to ZOOM past the mansion. Security guards at north gate. Limousine at open south gate. Lights on, but not as many as are usually on during the M&G. i2d is ready to slam on the brakes, but, alas, she is not driving. And LRSC cannot help, because, alas, LRSC is at the recon house. Tactical error, especially since she did have a bath. We digress…
    i2d: [cavalierly] Why would they have the outside lit up like that?
    DUH (who Knows These Things): It’s hard to say. Maybe they’re doing some exterior shots. Maybe they want it to look like daytime inside. You know, in 1968 [it was really 1973, but DUH did not have access to IMDB at the time], Truffaut’s movie “Day for Night” included shooting at night to make it look like day.
    i2d: Wouldn’t that be called “Night for Day?”
    A lovely dinner ensued at Paradise Cove, where neither Jake nor Vienna was spotted. After dinner, i2d and DUH walked out to the pier [looking south to the beach where they filmed Ali’s calendar].
    DUH: This is so lovely, my dear… people wait their whole lives to come to Malibu. We are so lucky.
    i2d: Oh, DUH, I just want for those young people on TV to find what we have. Heck, I want everyone to have what we have…. sigh.
    Shortly thereafter, DUH ruins further sleuthing plans by turning right onto PCH and driving in Malibu Canyon instead of back in through Kanan Dume Road. i2d deserves a prize for keeping her trap shut instead of blabbering something about going back via Kanan Dume and creating suspicion. DUH redeems himself slightly by pulling off the road and taking i2d in a television-worthy kiss.

23:02 DUH comes through the room while i2d is madly typing away. Danger! Ah, he is just pouring a scotch.

End of Chapter 1. Stay tuned for the further adventures of LRSC. And thank you for your support.

p.s. The writer is aware that LRSC technically wasn’t really on this sleuth, so LRSC has been promised another trip this week.
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

Thanks, in2deep. Sounds like you have the most romantic DUH ever! Sigh..

You saw lights and action at the mansion. Could they really already be filming?

i2d Yet another wonderful writeup of outstanding undercover work.

Keep 'em coming; can't wait!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

KK4
    FORT Fan

Thank you i2d! Looking forward to your next adventure!