Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: *Spoilers* Brad Womack, Bachelor 15

Re: Bachelor 15 Named

Chris L was pretty angry about the comment in US and tweeted something about it. I've been following him and didn't see anything to warrant that. I don't think he's going to be the Bachelor though which is too bad.

Brad being TB again is enough to make me not even want to check out the show. I didn't care so much that he didn't pick anyone but he had a decided lack of empathy for them. The biggest reason I don't want him is that I find him to be boring and his looks do nothing for me. I'd much rather someone new or someone who hasn't already had his shot. Unfortunately I'm getting the vibe that RS is right but am hoping he's been Fleissed.

Re: SPOILER*Bachelor 15 Named

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4068581;
    Also called gay: Andy Baldwin, Jake Pavelka and Lorenzo Borghese. As for leading the girls on, he signed a contract to do a show. I would suspect he told TPTB he did not love any of them but they forced him through to the end. Remember also that Frank from Ali's season wanted out early and TPTB forced him to live up to the contract until they were ready to let him go home.

I just think it is a poor choice, and not because he told the truth and let Jenni and Deanna go at the end. Are we now going to see a parade of ex-bachelors and bachelorettes? Gawd, I hope not.
    I like Brad and I think he is a gentleman and a classy guy and his season was one of my favorites up to the last 5 minutes of the show. I now understand him not choosing someone if he wasn't in love, which he obviously wasn't. What I'm concerned about is that I know that the US Weekly article says we will see a different Brad this time and one who will open up to the women and not be "reserved" with them like he was last time, but with the women knowing he didn't choose anyone last time, they might not open up to him and they might be reserved with him. I know I would be leary if I was in their shoes. Wouldn't you hate being one of the final 2?

ETA: albean99, about CL being ticked off about the US Weekly quote. Someone tweeted the quote to him and wanted to know if he had changed his mind so quickly about wanting to settle down or if he realized after the show that he wasn't in love with Ali after all, because "a source said" ....(US quote) and CL tweeted something like "source is a code word for BS."
    Last edited by n4692u; 09-24-2010 at 08:03 PM.

hopeful romantic romance writer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4068590;
    Chris L was pretty angry about the comment in US and tweeted something about it. I've been following him and didn't see anything to warrant that. I don't think he's going to be the Bachelor though which is too bad.

Brad being TB again is enough to make me not even want to check out the show. I didn't care so much that he didn't pick anyone but he had a decided lack of empathy for them. The biggest reason I don't want him is that I find him to be boring and his looks do nothing for me. I'd much rather someone new or someone who hasn't already had his shot. Unfortunately I'm getting the vibe that RS is right but am hoping he's been Fleissed.
    Chris L has been living large and he has every right to. He made a lot of friends doing the show and there's nothing wrong with having fun. I'm confused about the Chris L-Peyton hook-up cause I thought she was with Jesse B but I have been out of the loop after turning off Bach Pad the second night it was on cause I thought it was crap. Only thing that has bugged me is he is rarely without a drink in his hand. I still really like Chris though

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4068445;
    I have voiced several times that as a sleuther, the enjoyment of the season comes from puzzling out the F1. If there is a no pick, the editing is screwed up, and the sleuthing and season is ruined for me. That has nothing to do with how nice I think the lead is...it just speaks towards my attitude about the decision. As far as I am concerned, the lead and the F1 can leave the FRC podium and walk to the nearest equivalent to Starbuck's and decide to remain friends. They certainly don't have to get engaged or even move anywhere.
    This pretty much mirrors my own opinion.
    I watch this show for fun & entertainment & I love checking out all the sleuthing & spoilers. The F1/Final Rose is a part of that entertainment & sleuth-following. The Awwwwww or Aw Rats! factor, depending on whether I like the F1 or not.
    I realize these are "real" people, but in the context of the show they are just characters & this is a story. I want my Happy Ending!! What the "characters" do after the Finale is their own darned business, just like any other TV shows. I've never been fool enough to believe all the Final Rose couples have found true love. Nor do I care.
    I had no problem with Brad as a person, but I hated the ending to his season, because I felt I was cheated out of the happy ending to the story & the payoff to the sleuthing.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4068590;

Albean99, how'd you get in my head?

Quote Originally Posted by romance writer;4068608;
    Chris L has been living large and he has every right to. He made a lot of friends doing the show and there's nothing wrong with having fun. I'm confused about the Chris L-Peyton hook-up cause I thought she was with Jesse B but I have been out of the loop after turning off Bach Pad the second night it was on cause I thought it was crap. Only thing that has bugged me is he is rarely without a drink in his hand. I still really like Chris though
    I admit that I adore CL, but it has concerned me too about the drinking and since the show, I have noticed that he acts a lot more immature than he did on the show. I now think that Chris is in no way ready to settle down and is probably another Brad Womack who will die a bachelor. I know it's not in all cases, but I think when guys get in their 30's, handsome, smart and have everything going for them, yet they are still single, they are single for a reason. They want to be! That's fine by me, but don't go on the Bachelor/ette. By the way, I do not question CL's feelings for Ali at all because I think they were real.

I have no problem with Brad being the Bachelor again because I do think he's a really good guy, but after last time, what make's him think it will be any different this time? What if he doesn't fall in love again, is he going to do what he did last time? He'd be crazy to do that. My prediction is that he will choose someone, but will not propose. I remember his brother, Wes, doing an interview with an Austin radio show (Bobby Bones Show) a few days before the premiere and he said that he didn't see Brad proposing to a girl he had known only 6 weeks. I don't know if Wes knew about the ending of the show or not at that point.

BY THE WAY, it is exactly 3 years ago tonight, 9/24/07, that Brad's season 11 premiered.

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

So can we call him WoBack?

Whether we like him or not (think Jake), he's the one we've got. Get on board, or don't... let's have some sleuting, snarcasm, and silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4068579;
    I got my US Weekly today and this is the article about Brad:

There is a half page full length photo of Brad holding a rose in one hand and several in the other with the caption "Womack was the series' only Bachelor to reject all the bachelorettes."

BRAD WOMACK
    Back on Bachelor!

The guy who didn't choose anyone gets a second shot

Brad Womack, TAKE TWO AFTER INFAMOUSLY jilting both DeAnna Pappas and Jenni Croft during the season 11 finale of ABC's The Bachelor in 2007, the Texas-bred hunk, 37, is close to signing on for a return engagement. "Brad is very sincere and believes in the show," says a source close to the series. "That's why he didn't pick someone last time. He was never in it for the publicity. He wants to find a wife." But this go-round, the Austin bar owner will show a different side. "Brad knows he has to open up more," says the insider. "Last time, he was reserved with the women." And while the insider says producers are also considering aspiring country singer Ty Brown, 31 -- the fourth runner-up on Ali Fedotowsky's season of The Bachelorette -- viewers can all but rule out that round's runner-up, landscaper Chris Lambton, 33. "Chris has been living large," says the source. "He isn't ready to settle down and is having a blast being single."

ETA: The mods might want to make a Media Thread. If so, this article can be moved there. Thanks!
    Never put in writing anything you wouldn't mind seeing on the side of a bus.

Count me as one of the few that doesn't think he should get a 2nd shot. If he's really serious then they should let him pick some of the women beforehand. They did this with one of the Bach'ette's, was it Jen? I can't remember. I just really don't understand why they have to keep rehashing contestants, give us somebody new for crying out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;4068766;
    Count me as one of the few that doesn't think he should get a 2nd shot. If he's really serious then they should let him pick some of the women beforehand. They did this with one of the Bach'ette's, was it Jen? I can't remember. I just really don't understand why they have to keep rehashing contestants, give us somebody new for crying out loud!
    I don't think we'll ever get somebody new again. The ratings were pretty low until they started bringing people back for their second chance. If they think that bringing Brad back again will bring in more viewers than bringing in Terrible Ty, then Brad will be the one (assuming he wants to do it). It has people talking, and people talking means people watching. Even when they say they won't.

Aside from ratings, it doesn't matter who they pick to be the lead. The focus of the show is to get us to fall in love with the contestants not the lead.

hopeful romantic romance writer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;4068772;
    I don't think we'll ever get somebody new again. The ratings were pretty low until they started bringing people back for their second chance. If they think that bringing Brad back again will bring in more viewers than bringing in Terrible Ty, then Brad will be the one (assuming he wants to do it). It has people talking, and people talking means people watching. Even when they say they won't.

Aside from ratings, it doesn't matter who they pick to be the lead. The focus of the show is to get us to fall in love with the contestants not the lead.
    You're right ....people are talking since the story broke the other day. A lot of people that I know that only watched his season to see him are coming back because it's Brad. Where I used to work, even the men watched his season to get in on what everyone was talking about and I e-mailed the people I still keep in contact with to tell them the news and they said it's the talk of the office. New hires are being filled in if they didn't watch the show. She said they are all gabbing all day long and a few have gotten caught doing searches on him.

I was fed up with the show after Ali and then Bachelor Pad made me want to gag (I watched 1 1/2 episodes) and my sister, my friends and I vowed we were going to have a dinner club or something on Monday nights to keep us away from the new season and well....now we will be having a wine and chocolate club to watch Brad.

I am marking down the days on my calendar.......