Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: *Spoilers* Brad Womack, Bachelor 15

Re: Bachelor 15 Named

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;4067948;
    Just rewatched the Ellen interview and Brad says he would never go on television again. Also, in the interview, he says he was not dating anyone. Why should I believe anything he says?

Because statements of future intentions are just that. Current state of mind. That's not lying. That's evolving ... or being made a better offer!

Reasons I like Brad and hope he is TB:
    1) He is cute
    2) He is from Austin
    3) HE DID NOT STAY ON SCRIPT AND DID WHAT HE FELT WAS THE RIGHT THING!!!
    If he is in deed TB, I will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by romance writer;4068099;
    The last couple seasons of the Bach and B'ette have been trashy...I mean look at the leftovers on Bachelor Pad, even unicorn and rainbow rider Tenley was crappy. I think bringing Brad back will bring some class back to the show. Brad was classy....so he chose no one.,...he was honest. Brad had the mantra of only kissing one girl a day and not going from one to another to another swapping spit and tangling tongues. He said right out there was no sex in the fantasy suites, he wouldn't do that to the girls. He was a gentleman and classy. As I have said the last few days, the only way I am watching is if he is the Bachelor. My only wish is that they had an age limit of about 28 or so and no young chickie-bit---s that don't know what they're doing with their lives. I sincerely think Brad will bring the decency back. The only othr persdon that could is MAYBE Andy but he trolls the internet for woman and has been linked to some bimbos so I will stick with Brad as the best.
    WELL SAID,rw !!!!!! I never thought of it this way...... I'm getting over my dismay...... if CL is a no-go, them maybe a more mature Brad with sincere motive and no hidden agenda re: career or money or publicity.... deserves benefit of the doubt.

Questions: Were the contestants already cast before Brad was confirmed? Would tptb make sure the group is tailored more to the age & class that suits an 'older' bachelor?

I'm thinking maybe that WILL happen this time, since had they gotten Chris Lambton, the same type of more mature age-group would have already been targeted ??
    Last edited by MayJ; 09-24-2010 at 10:10 AM.
    The earlybird gets the worm, but the late mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;4068241;
    Because statements of future intentions are just that. Current state of mind. That's not lying. That's evolving ... or being made a better offer!
    JL... very well said

btw love your pup...
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;4068241;
    This is a beautiful statement and one we should all remember.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;4067948;
    Just rewatched the Ellen interview and Brad says he would never go on television again. Also, in the interview, he says he was not dating anyone. Why should I believe anything he says?
    The good-looking, charming man that Brad is caused a huge controversy when he failed to fulfill the premise of the show by bestowing the last of the roses upon the final standing contestant - of his own choice.

Granted, there were several factors involved and several ways to look at the situation. However, there is still a very real issue that remains in that the Brad who absolutely refused in his integrity to allowed Fleiss and Company to force him to make a choice that he did not want to make the first time is once again going to be in the position to have to face the giving of that same final rose again.

While Brad may want another chance at love - with the same opportunity to turn down both girls at the FRC - the majority of viewers expect that rose to be given out.

Fleiss knows this....it was made very clear, and very evident to us in that interview given in mid Ali's season when he spoke of the "no pick" decision and viewers' reaction to it.

Unless Brad really wanted this opportunity, it is difficult to imagine that the man who refused to previously be corralled would now sign a contract agreeing to select an F1 regardless of choice.

I have voiced several times that as a sleuther, the enjoyment of the season comes from puzzling out the F1. If there is a no pick, the editing is screwed up, and the sleuthing and season is ruined for me.

That has nothing to do with how nice I think the lead is...it just speaks towards my attitude about the decision.

As far as I am concerned, the lead and the F1 can leave the FRC podium and walk to the nearest equivalent to Starbuck's and decide to remain friends. They certainly don't have to get engaged or even move anywhere.

I've no problem with recycling contestants into the starring role but once a star that should be it. Why should he get a 2nd chance when there are so many cool guys they could bring back from Ali's season or further back...I'd love to see Jen's Jerry or Mer's Ian as the Bach.

I didn't watch Brad's season and have nothing against him in particular. I just hope he warned the final two in advance he wasn't choosing either of them. (IMO, that's what the FS is for!)

Can't wait to see all the sleuthing results!

hopeful romantic romance writer's Avatar

Why does Elisabeth Hasselbeck always thinks she has to comment on everything and why does she think people care what she thinks.

I got my US Weekly today and this is the article about Brad:

There is a half page full length photo of Brad holding a rose in one hand and several in the other with the caption "Womack was the series' only Bachelor to reject all the bachelorettes."

BRAD WOMACK
    Back on Bachelor!

The guy who didn't choose anyone gets a second shot

Brad Womack, TAKE TWO AFTER INFAMOUSLY jilting both DeAnna Pappas and Jenni Croft during the season 11 finale of ABC's The Bachelor in 2007, the Texas-bred hunk, 37, is close to signing on for a return engagement. "Brad is very sincere and believes in the show," says a source close to the series. "That's why he didn't pick someone last time. He was never in it for the publicity. He wants to find a wife." But this go-round, the Austin bar owner will show a different side. "Brad knows he has to open up more," says the insider. "Last time, he was reserved with the women." And while the insider says producers are also considering aspiring country singer Ty Brown, 31 -- the fourth runner-up on Ali Fedotowsky's season of The Bachelorette -- viewers can all but rule out that round's runner-up, landscaper Chris Lambton, 33. "Chris has been living large," says the source. "He isn't ready to settle down and is having a blast being single."

ETA: The mods might want to make a Media Thread. If so, this article can be moved there. Thanks!

FORT Fogey

Re: SPOILER*Bachelor 15 Named

Quote Originally Posted by eclark;4066556;
    Brad did get bashed. Some called him gay. Leading the girls on. terrible stuff.

Also called gay: Andy Baldwin, Jake Pavelka and Lorenzo Borghese. As for leading the girls on, he signed a contract to do a show. I would suspect he told TPTB he did not love any of them but they forced him through to the end. Remember also that Frank from Ali's season wanted out early and TPTB forced him to live up to the contract until they were ready to let him go home.

I just think it is a poor choice, and not because he told the truth and let Jenni and Deanna go at the end. Are we now going to see a parade of ex-bachelors and bachelorettes? Gawd, I hope not.