Jessi Peralta, 24, is a Hip-Hop dancer from Valley Village, CA. She has danced in front of President Bill Clinton at the Apollo and has performed at Madison Square Garden.
1. What is your full name?
2. Do you have a nickname?
JP, J-Lo, Popn Jessi, Ugly, Super J
3. How old were you when you started dancing?
Not old enough to notice my Rainbow Brite undies were hanging out of my leotard….3 years old
4. Do you have any formal dance training?
Yes. Many years of various styles at Holly “Rocks” Dance Factory and other studios in F.L. as well as programs in N.Y. and L.A.
5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
Lyripop or in laymans terms, Gumbo. I try and mix everything together…I just love to perform no matter what the style.
6. What other talents/hobbies do you have?
I love to crochet, eat cookies while watching Sex and the City. At times, I enjoy painting underwater scenes with mythical characters such as the spiral jellyfish and on occasion I listen to my sister tell peanut jokes.
7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
Without a doubt, Stephen Campbell’s brother.
8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
Nope, I’m the only one.
9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
If Bar Mitzvah’s count, then yes.
10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
I would love for this show to help make my lifelong dream of being a professional performer come true.
11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
I would love to be with my family watching the FL Gators beat every other team while preparing to star in a dance movie. Maybe some kids. Definitely a husband, smiles and applause from an audience, and key lime pie sound like heaven to me…
12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
Seeing the excitement on my sister’s face after she got 7 th place with her solo at a dance competition. She was so stoked because she didn’t com in last place!