Hok Konishi, 22, is a B-boy dancer from Los Angeles, CA. Born in Tokyo, Hok spent much of his youth in Oxford, England.
1. What is your full name?
2. Do you have a nickname?
3. How old were you when you started to dance?
Started dancing at age 15
4. Do you have any formal dance training?
I attended a dance studio for 2 years. I took hip hop and lock.
5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be (hip hop, ballet, tap etc)?
Hip Hop and b-boying
6. What other talents/ hobbies do you have?
Cooking, drawing, painting, designing and violin
7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
Andre Fuentez, Bboy Casper, Aja, tetris
8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
Vibe, All VC, Colluboration, Kollabortation, Sai-gi carnival.
10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
To be able to travel around the world and show people the beauty and art of dance.
11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
Married with children. Don’t know what I’ll be doing and where I will be but being able to support my family financially.
12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
The whole experience I’ve had so far with SYTYCD.