Anya Garnis, 25, is a Latin Ballroom dancer from New York, NY. Anya has been living in the U.S. for six years after growing up in Russia. She has been dancing with partner Pasha Kovalev, also a finalist, for nine years.
1. What is your full name?
2. Do you have a nickname?
3. How old were you when you started dancing?
4. Do you have any formal dance training?
I went to a Russian school for 8 years
5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
6. What other talents/hobbies do you have?
No, I don’t have any time.
7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
No, but I’ve been dancing for such a long time, that they all think they do.
9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
All the time!
10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
I would like to learn and absorb as much as I can and apply what I learn to become a great dancer.
11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
I see myself being a very successful performing artist.
12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
Being in the finals of the United States of America Latin, Ballroom championship in Miami, FL in 2004 and having my mom fly in from Russia to share that moment with me.