+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 7/16 SYTYCD 11: Top 18

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/16 SYTYCD 11: Top 18

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I didn't think Stanley would be gone this early. The fans voted him out??? and then the judges went along with them??? I'm Shocked!
    There are so many talented guys this season. The least little slip-up and they are out. The girls not so much.
    Valerie is a good tapper but she is also good in other styles. I think her and Tanisha are going to do well this season.
    I just don't think any of them had a bad enough performance for Nigel to want to make the choice himself; therefore, he went with the vote. Stanley and Malene did the Broadway number last week with the telephones which the judges flat out didn't like. Malene went that night, and I think it set the stage for Stanley. The fans just did not like the telephone routine; therefore, Stanley suffered as well.

I go back to sometimes it is the luck of the draw, so to speak. Who do they get as a choreographer, and what kind and caliber of choreography does that person create? The dancers can only perform to the best of their ability what they are given.

This, I think, boiled down to timing. Stanley really did not have enough time to build up a fan base before he was hit with last week to help him survive that performance, and Nigel had to let someone go out of 3 excellent dancers, so he let the one go with the least actual votes this time.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I didn't think Stanley would be gone this early. The fans voted him out??? and then the judges went along with them??? I'm Shocked!
    There are so many talented guys this season. The least little slip-up and they are out. The girls not so much.
    Valerie is a good tapper but she is also good in other styles. I think her and Tanisha are going to do well this season.
    I like Tanisha , I liked her from her audition ( not that makes any difference this season)
    inthegarden likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I, too, like Tanisha quite a lot. I hope she goes a long way.

These tall, leggy guys like Stanley need to study the great Tommy Tune. No Broadway dancers were his height (6'6") back then and he was fantastic. I happened to see him in his first Broadway show, A Joyful Noise way back when and I couldn't take my eyes off him even though the star of the show was another of my favorites, John Raitt. He made that height work for him. He's far from young anymore, born in 1939, but he still dances and choreographs. I wouldn't be unhappy if he'd replace Tyce.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Agreed about TT, Florimel. He's one of my favorites. I saw him years ago in Me and My Girl and he was wonderful. I'd love to see him - heck, ANYONE - replace Tyce, although I doubt he'd sign up for that gig. IIRC, he's been touring his show around the country (amazing, at 75!). He probably doesn't have the time.

I like Tanisha a lot. Valerie? Not so much. Everyone was raving about her last night and I just didn't see it. To me, she looked awkward and ungainly. Terribly posture too. I wanted one of the judges to tell her to stand up straight. She did fine for her, but I didn't think she deserved praise like that. I think that long skirt hid a lot of problems. Poor extension, bad feet. UGH. I think any of the other girls would have done a better job with that routine. I think Ricky is carrying her so far. Hopefully, she won't drag him down.

Unless one of the guys REALLY steps it up, Ricky's got this.....and if he doesn't win, I'm going to be REALLY disappointed. He's at a whole other level from the rest of the competition.
    mesachick likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Pardon my French but there is no way in HADES that Stanley should have went home not to mention Im still in shock over Marlena's elimination from last week but Stanley??? Shocking and very disappointing... This is an amazing season and everyone is great but im definitely shocked about these eliminations... like seriously if Ricky goes home next I will stop watching the season lol ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    Pardon my French but there is no way in HADES that Stanley should have went home not to mention Im still in shock over Marlena's elimination from last week but Stanley??? Shocking and very disappointing... This is an amazing season and everyone is great but im definitely shocked about these eliminations... like seriously if Ricky goes home next I will stop watching the season lol ....
    I think its Ricky's to lose.If he goes home I don't know who will win. I like Teddy, but not as much as Ricky
    Mreid1472 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I really have to say that I was underwhelmed with the dances this week. No one really stood out for me
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I really have to say that I was underwhelmed with the dances this week. No one really stood out for me
    The wow factor is missing this season (for me)
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Yeah but did you see who Serge gets to hang out with?? *Looks at combatcutie's picture* - that's right, Maks and Val!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

To the Point

I just haven't been impressed with the choreography. I'm sure that some of that may go to the dancers, but even watching some of these dances twice, I blame much of the "lack" on the chreographers. These are not untalented dancers. The other thing that I think is playing a huge role in the performances are the pairings and I felt that the original pairings were just not good!! I think a random draw would have done a much better job, and this year I certainly think we'd have more fun with them switching up every week like they did many seasons ago. Whoever was responsible for the original pairing should be smacked!!!
    Florimel and mesachick like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast