+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 7/16 SYTYCD 11: Top 18

Re: 7/16 SYTYCD 11: Top 18

I loved Casey tonight. I hope Brooklyn goes home so Jessica could partner with Casey.

ETA I would like to see those two dance together, but I forgot Jessica will now partner with Marcquet, and I surely hope he stays!
    Last edited by Allisongors; 07-16-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Holy crap. I just read about Stanley being eliminated. WTF? Seriously. One of the best dancers in the competition and the judges send him home? I guess I'll have to watch to see what their silly explanation was for letting him go. I thought sure it would be Stanley and Ricky until the end.
    Same here, I never thought he was going..gulp
    inthegarden likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The show just started here and ....Misty Copeland! So happy to see her back.

I don't know how I'll NOT cry seeing Stanley leave this week. That kid is ridiculously talented.

If Marcquet gets eliminated (I hope he doesn't) next week then we'll know Jessica is a jinx partner. Two partners in two weeks. Yikes.
    Coco46 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I liked the first "smooth hop hop" number. It was cute, and I thought they had a good connection.

I didn't even recognize Lacey with blonde hair! Ricky and Valerie did great, but I kept thinking that her dress was so long that it could be blocking the view of her footwork.

Through the whole hip hop routine with the skeleton costumes, I was thinking that I would like to see a better couple dance it. They did okay, but I think it had potential to be really cool!

I thought the guy who looks like David Bowie and his partner were going to get eliminated. I wasn't impressed by their dance. Altho, that might have been Tyce's fault...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The show's not over here yet, but.....

Is it me or was the choreography just not up to par this week? Aside from that jive, none of the routines have blown me away. I've never been a fan of Tyce - just can't get over his unprofessional behavior in Every Little Step. I wasn't impressed with either of his routines. Emily and Teddy's routine was the better of the two, but still not fabulous. That magic carpet routine was just BAD.

None of the girls this season are bad, but none of them really stand out for me either. There's no one like Kathryn or Melanie or Sasha for me this season. Now that Stanley's gone (), it's all about Ricky for me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've never been a fan of Tyce - just can't get over his unprofessional behavior in Every Little Step. I wasn't impressed with either of his routines. Emily and Teddy's routine was the better of the two, but still not fabulous. That magic carpet routine was just BAD.
    I feel exactly the same way about Tyce. On top of that, he often seems to follow popular routines with his own routines that feature very similar moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NCLurker likes this.

I know one thing, it wouldn't have made a bit of difference when this pool was started, because I have no clue this season who is going home and who is staying. It isn't the best season that's for sure (not for me anyway...)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've never been a fan of Tyce - just can't get over his unprofessional behavior in Every Little Step. I wasn't impressed with either of his routines. Emily and Teddy's routine was the better of the two, but still not fabulous. That magic carpet routine was just BAD.
    That's precisely how I feel about Tyce both on this show and in Every Little Step. He's always trying to be Bob Fosse when he choreographs and he never will be. I've occasionally seen something of his I've liked, but they are few and far between. I just don't like him and I wish they'd stop using him.
    NCLurker, Coco46 and inthegarden like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Same here, I never thought he was going..gulp
    I didn't think Stanley would be gone this early. The fans voted him out??? and then the judges went along with them??? I'm Shocked!
    There are so many talented guys this season. The least little slip-up and they are out. The girls not so much.
    Valerie is a good tapper but she is also good in other styles. I think her and Tanisha are going to do well this season.
    Florimel and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

The show just started here and ....Misty Copeland! So happy to see her back.

I don't know how I'll NOT cry seeing Stanley leave this week. That kid is ridiculously talented.

If Marcquet gets eliminated (I hope he doesn't) next week then we'll know Jessica is a jinx partner. Two partners in two weeks. Yikes.
    I liked Stanley's face(!), and those never ending arms and legs - what high jumps and impressive leaps Stanley could make. I had hoped to see him stay a while; however, while his strength was in his arms and legs, it seems to me also like his long body was too loose at times. Casey is tall also, and his body itself is held more firmly.

Marquet came in as one of my top favorites. I liked everything about him from his personality and big grin to his ballroom and hip-hop dancing. I pegged him as doing well, but while they were on Jessica about her face, they were all over Marquet about his technique. Jessica may be in the bottom 3 next week, but I am concerned for Marquet. I hope he has a good vote or a good performance next week.

When we make the cut at 14, Nigel tweeted it will be a double elimination which will be brutal. 14 to 10. That is in 2 weeks, isn't it?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast