+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 7/2 SYTYCD 11: Top 20 Performance

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/2 SYTYCD 11: Top 20 Performance

I thought on the whole the night was pretty good.

My favorite routine by far was Ricky and Jessica. Wow. I loved everything about that. It was fearless, deliberate, controlled, seemless, breathtaking. #1

I also liked the Hip Hop routine. Teddy and Emilio. They were on point and very entertaining. Loved the music, and I loved how an old pop rhythm and blues piece is perfect for hip hop #2

I really liked the Tap routine. Valerie and Zack. I was on the edge of my seat watching them, thinking they might fall, and that's probably the idea. I think a more traditional tune would have put the piece over better. #3

The next favorite contemporary was Stanley and Bridget, I love Stanley's ability and he and Bridget really gelled. I liked how Bonnie Storey edited the choreography with moments of new "love hold" and syncronization #4
    I thought the Samba was the best Ballroom routine. I liked the risks Louie Van Amstel took with the choreography, Malene was perfection and she brought Marcquet along. kept thinking the Brazil soccer team would love this! #5

I thought Nick and Tanisha were okay. Not a fan of the ugly lifts, the shapes weren't flattering. #6
    I liked Serge in the Cha Cha, he was great, but Brooklyn was very weak. There are some contemporary dancers who would have done better. #7

I didn't love Rudy and Carly, but I loved the choreography. I really thought Carly brought expression to the piece. I thought Rudy has to really work on his flexibility. #8

The Ballerinas were not as good as I expected. I think Jacquie had terrible fouettes, and Nigel pointed it out. And yet I appreciate the attempt, it was really difficult professional level ballet. Perhaps it was nerves. #9

My least favorite contemporary was Travis' tonight. There was a heck of a lot thrown in there, and it didn't look as well rehearsed as the others. I do think Travis needs to edit at times. Casey and Emily are really good dancers, but I didn't feel they connected with each other the way the other routines did, and I think that's the choregraphy. #10

FORT Newbie

It's been a VERY long time since I've posted to this board but something caught my eye that I need to know what anyone else thinks.
    What was the white thing on Brooklyn's tush that appeared midway through the dance. Bless her, I hope it wasn't a panty liner!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    What was the white thing on Brooklyn's tush that appeared midway through the dance. Bless her, I hope it wasn't a panty liner!
    Oh my, I hope not!!! I didn't notice anything like that when I watched their performance! I would go re-watch out of morbid curiosity, but I already deleted it from my DVR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanley He brought me to tears, he's so good. That extension and elevation is second to none. I can't wait to see what else he does this season.

Marcquet was amazing. I hardly looked at Malene. Also loved Ricky and Jessica. He was one of my favorites already. This just solidified it.

I do think that some pairs just get lucky with their choreographer. Sometimes you get Louis Van Amstel, but then sometimes you get Dmitri Chaplin. I mean, Dmitri's not bad, but Louis is on a whole other level. Same with someone like Sonya Tayeh. I don't think she's ever choreographed a bad routine on this show. I love Travis Wall, but his routine tonight wasn't great.

I actually wasn't bowled over with the ballerinas. Maybe it's because we've a) seen better on this show and b) they just aren't that charismatic. I'm trying to reserve judgement until we see them do other styles. It was just a bit dull, I thought.

Not to get nitpicky, but "Vaganova" (as in Vaganova Academy) is pronounced with the emphasis on the second syllable (VaGAnova) and not on the the third the way Nigel pronounced it. Drives me crazy. Right up there with people saying "MossCOW."

Wasn't wild about Tanisha and Nick. They weren't bad, but it just wasn't up there with the other ballroom couples.

Last week I said that this season will be all about the guys. I still feel that way. There are some good girls, but some of the guys on this show - especially Ricky and Stanley - are some of the best I've ever seen on this show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It's been a VERY long time since I've posted to this board but something caught my eye that I need to know what anyone else thinks.
    OMG I saw it! I just finished watching the show! Everyone in the audience had to have seen it! It did look like a mini pad!
    It was stuck right on her butt cheek! Oh my!
    KAREN

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I didn't watch the auditions, so I don't know any of the background stories. I really thought the 2 hip hop guys were good. Also, the tappers were amazing.

I didn't think Jason did a good job as guest judge. He didn't have much to say and his performance was not good either
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I have a feeling it was some type of sticky tape (though you would think they have black)to keep her outfit from riding up into her butt crack...LOL

It obviously wasn't positioned right. I doubt the girls would be wearing panty liners if it was that time.
    Last edited by crzndeb; 07-03-2014 at 12:44 PM.

I enjoyed the whole show. I have no idea what I'm talking about yet as they all danced their most practiced style and should have been spectacular, or at least very good.

As far as voting - it is close to American Idol style this year though without the phone lines. Also, I think you get only 20 votes period and not 20 votes per person. Also, you get photos without names which makes it more difficult with so many involved. I did vote for one person this morning as voting is still open for another 85 minutes.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    I have a feeling it was some type of sticky tape (though you would think they have black)to keep her outfit from riding up into her butt crack...LOL

It obviously wasn't positioned right. I doubt the girls would be wearing panty liners if it was that time.
    Why would they have sticky tape there though. I just watched, and it was pretty wide for sticky tape. Hopefully not too many noticed. Serge sure does sweat, he is wringing wet..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just watched it online. I think it was tape.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast